Best US Golfer right now?

i agree with you about 75%. the other 25 is that we were saying the same things about phil before the 04 masters
But the question is who is the best right now? And it's obviously not Dustin. Right now. I hate coing with the consensus, but I gotta say Stricker, right now, as well.

i agree with you about 75%. the other 25 is that we were saying the same things about phil before the 04 masters
But the question is who is the best right now? And it's obviously not Dustin. Right now. I hate going with the consensus, but I gotta say Stricker, right now, as well.

I dont think there is doubt that right now Stricker is the best American...much more consistency than any of the others, Nick Watney has also been good of late and Phil has his ups and downs, but seems to show up in big events. DJ was struggling over the past 6 months before the British.

Well that is possibly true.
And outside of 657 women, Tiger Woods might still be at the top.
And outside of a missed 3 foot putt, Phil might have won the Open
And outside of me having large breasts, I might have been a supermodel.
Unfortunately the might haves game is far too common with guys that dont reach potential than with those that do.

So what you're saying is DJ has a chance????

My personal opinion has to be Stricker. He has been consistently playing the best.

DJ just has all parts of the game. Super long, great irons and one of the best looking girlfriend on tour. i agree Stricker and Phil are playing well, but i just feel that when his game is on, DJ is better. Thats all

FIFY ....

Last edited:
Ole Gray has been hitting it decent lately, watch for him in the coming months.

I would have to say Nick Watney as he's the leading money winner at the moment. I'll update my answer after the Greenbriar, my answer may change. :smile:

Rory........I mean Nick Watney, though like a lot of young players, inconstant play is his down fall, but that will change as experience grows.

Has to be Nick Watney. In 2011 he has 6 top 10s in stroke play events and two wins: the AT&T and a WGC event. The AT&T win was within the month. 2010 also saw a significant number of top 10s.

Im just going to throw this name out there and see what happens. There currently a 18 year old who has won multiple times on the Euro tour so who says there isn't an 18 year old who could do it here? What about Jordan Spieth?

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Im just going to throw this name out there and see what happens. There currently a 18 year old who has won multiple times on the Euro tour so who says there isn't an 18 year old who could do it here? What about Jordan Spieth?

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Except we're talking best golfer RIGHT NOW. Not potential.

If we're talking potential, name any of the so-called "young guns" that so many people say are the next big thing. He's the #1 Junior player. And according to the USGA/RA rankings, there are 5 U.S. amateurs better than him right now. http://www.randa.org/en/wagr.aspx

This far along in the season I feel counting the money is the most objective way to determine who is best. After reading the original question, Watney didn't even come to mind for me. I wonder if we went back 12 mos on a rotating calendar who would come out on top? Furyk?

I think Bubba could be, but he seems to have too much fun off the course. I will say Stricker or Phil.

Despite kind of being labeled as a choker, I think our best player is Dustin Johnson. He has the total package, he just needs to break through with a huge win in order to get some confidence in big tournaments.

I would have to say its Stricker. Most wouldn't think of him as the best but if you look at his recent form there aren't many golfers that has his record.

At the moment I really don't think there is a "best" American player as it can change week to week because there isn't that 1 dominant golfer blowing everyone way each week.

Gonna have to go with David Duvall. Kidding. Man, I don't really like this guy and it hurts me to say this, but I think Bubba Watson might be the best right now. I really am waiting for Dustin Johnson to step up, if he can just get out of his own way.

You know, I love Stricker because he's a good guy and because he's from Wisconsin but I dont know if he's our country's best. He seems like he's either feast or famine.

Stricker would be second.

Kevin

cristie_kerr_golf.jpg

kerr_flag_400x600.jpg

Dustin Johnson is my favourite golfer on tour. Going to have to go with him.

Hmmm... It's gotta be Phil or Stricker. Probably stricker by a nose to me.

i'll go with Steve he is on top of his game

all this talk and not one person thinks tiger is still the best american golfer! so would u guys pick stricker over tiger? how does phil get so much love and people knock dj for choking? lets not forget phil was tied for the lead at the open and choked it away. A few years ago he decided to hit one in the trash can thinking it was the hole. he consistently misses 3-5 footers that are important. Tiger could never play another tournament and they still might not catch tiger COMBINED. They have 72 wins between the three of them, Tiger has 97. Maybe he hasn't done much in a couple thanksgivings, but if i told you you have to bet the house on one of the four, who would u take? it's funny how quickly people forget!

Back