What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually played a Nike PD-Long today. The greens I played were pretty soft early and my high ball flight needed help with fallout on the greens. Huge difference from my home course.

Tap,Tap,Tap

callaway warbird... cant believe it even lasted the whole front as bad as i was hitting it
lost it midway thru the back and went to the prov1 for the rest of the round

Your posts crack me up! They always seem to revolve around losing the ball rather than the ball's performance.

Keep doin what you do.

Played a penta at the lovely riverfront golf course in Virginia. Played one ball the hole 18. I love the penta it is so soft and I think it is as long as a pro v for me. not the most durable ball though. I didn't hit a tree, house, or cart path, but my vokeys tore it up from sand shots and 3/4 wedges.

Vision UV X3. Pretty pleased with this ball so far. I really like the way it always seems to release and roll straight forward on bump and run or pitch and run shots. No sideways releases so far. Maybe a little shorter off the driver then some other "spinny" balls.

played with a callaway tour i(s) and lost it on hole 9 due to an errant tee shot. picked up a nike NDX Heat as i was looking for my callaway and played 4 more holes with it. it doesn't spin worth a damn, but it's a decent distance ball.

I played 9 holes yesterday with the Callaway tour I(s) and I really like the way this ball performs, I had gone to Golf Galaxy and was actually fitted for this ball. I played the Vision X3 until I hit it in the drink:banghead: then I switched to the UV X3 for the remainder. I cannot explain how much I enjoy playing these balls, they are definatly a gamer! They perform well in all aspects of my game and I love the markings!

I was playing in a scramble and using the Nike Ignite off the tee on par 4's and 5's and a Penta for everything else.
I was getting nice distance and a straight flight with the Ignite, till I pulled it left. I can still remember what it sounded like as it bounced off a dozen or more trees and then the finished with a metallic clang as it hit something near the maintenance shed.
The Penta did great around the greens. My chip shots checked up nicely and I rolled in a couple of long putts. I did manage to lose one of those as well... A bounce from the cart path then on the road for a couple of bounces, then off of another cart path and finally into a deep, grassy ditch.

Your posts crack me up! They always seem to revolve around losing the ball rather than the ball's performance.

Keep doin what you do.

if i can keep a ball alive through out the round... its performing well hahaha

today it was a tm tp ldp red... that baby flew pretty good off my hybrids and irons... got pretty ripped up with my wedges
and it lasted the whole round even tho it wanted to go swimming on #17(skipped up to the bank)

Bought 2 dozen Pentas yesterday...stood in Golf Town talking to the manager while trying to decide between them and the Cally Iz which are both on sale within $5 for 24. I was leaning to the Iz as I can use the length, but he told me how bad they get beat up, and steered me to the TM.

Good:
-nice high flight (probably a touch too high if I were into any wind), pretty straight off the driver. Wasn't much wind today but what there was didn't seem to grab my ball and throw it sideways.
-stopped nicely on the greens, as I had been led to expect
-felt good off all clubs, rolled well off putter.

Bad:
-short off the driver. I hit my driver really well today, best of the year...and was behind where I've been on other days pretty consistently with other urethane balls.
-horrible durability. I hit a cart path that would only very mildly scuff a Z-Star, slightly moreso an E5 or RX. The Penta had a big gouge out of it and a deep rough scuff. I also took a lot of paint off the Pentas just in the normal course of play.

I don't HATE them but do have a bit of buyer's remorse and wish I'd gone with the Iz. Clicky and harder feeling doesn't bother me. S'ok I'll still get my money's worth out of the TM's.

I played brand new Titleist ProV1s today. This was my first time paying $40+ for a dozen new golf balls -- and I have to admit they felt noticeably better than the Titleist NXT Tour. I didn't think I would notice a difference, but I did.

I can't say much about durability, because I didn't hit any trees or paths. I did mistakenly hit one OB (over a cliff), but that was the only one I lost :act-up:

Generally I play the Pro v1x, but played in a member/guest for my school and we got free sleeves of the new TM BurnerTour ball ( my school is sponsored/tied in with Taylor Made) Shot a 74 with it. Consistently 260-280 off the tee with it. Which is shorter than my normal driver length. A great ball overall and was able to spin with my wedges easily. Just bought some Pentas yesterday and gonna give those a run. I have hit my longest drive ever with a Penta ( 342yds @ Tesoro Golf Club in Florida)

Played with a Z-Star for the first time yesterday. Must say I really liked it. I noticed it had less spin off the tee than the Pro V1, yet I was still able to stop the ball on the greens.

The one thing I did notice though is that it was not the longest ball. I felt after a few holes like my driver was a about 10-15 years shorter on average. To test this I pulled out a Tour One D and Pro V1. The One Tour D was about 15 yards further than the Z-Star, which was no surprise as the Tour D is meant to go long. What was surprising though was the Pro V1 was about 7 yards, despite having about 5 yards more cut on it than the Z-Star.

I found this rather odd and was wondering if anyone else has had similar findings with the Z-Star?

I play pentas the ball to me feels like the most well rounded ball a good amount of everything and the price has dropped (but the only time i seen them for 25 are practice balls? 25... thats a hook up!)... I love this ball on approach it will stop like no other. I like a soft ball off the putter and this ball is that! The other ball I have tried out and if pentas fell off the face of the earth I would use are the Nike 20XI S it isnt as soft I would say but it has a unique feel especially off the putter, but at that price I think Nike is trying to price their balls like air jordans... The best decently priced ball hands down though is the bridgestone e6, it feels great off the putter I mean great! 26 bucks or so for a dozen and they fly off the driver!

Nova Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 2.0 SF TP 9.5 S Shaft
Wood: Burner 2.0 SF 3Wood S Shaft
Hybrid: Burner SF 2.0 18° S Shaft
Irons: Burner 2.0 4-PW,AW
Wedge: xFT 56°, (VOKEY 60°)
Putter: Ghost TM-110 34"
Ball: Penta

I played Pro V1s. Let's just say I'm still looking for a ball that I would pay good money to play.

That's the next ball I'm going to try.

played pro v 1x as got a dozen in a tournament and forgot how good they are. I still like the MG's as they are really a good ball for money but vx's are so long!

Played the Vision X3 against the Burner Tour today. I will stick with the Burner Tour. The Vision ball doesnt have the same soft feel as the tour. Its not as long either. However, its clearly more visible on the fairways.

started off with a callaway hx hot bite and ended up using an nxt
the hx hot bite felt like swimming on #3 for my first double of the round
the nxt was good all the way around till i got to 18 when it refused to fly off the tee shot or for my 2nd shot so it made me lay up then blade my approach shot which ended up with my 2nd double on the round lol

I just wanted to post a few more thoughts on the Penta ball again now that I have had a chance to play it on a pro course where the greens were soft. My home course is known for being narrow, and for having greens that are very hard to hold. Well I can typically hold them pretty well with the Penta ball, but last weekend I was able to play a couple rounds at TPC Deere Run, and I relied on the Penta around the greens to help save my rounds because my iron game has sucked lately. I am still getting great distance with the Penta, but the thing I loved most about the ball this past weekend was the ability to get it to just hop and stop. It took me a few holes to adjust because I am not used to playing on such nice greens, but all day Monday during my tournament round I was sticking it within 8 feet any time I was within 50 yards. This ball was money all day! I'm definitely keeping the Pentas in my bag for a long time, although I am very anxious to try the new Penta ball once it comes out.

Acquired a sleeve of Tour ix balls. I made it three holes before I decided I was going to gift them to a buddy of mine. I'm pretty sure someone took a 3.99/doz box of TopFlites and stamped them with Callaway ix. The only redeeming quality was that they do fly straight.

I played a combo round of Tour i(s) and Tour i(z) once again confirming my choice of the i(s). To think these were just a random store credit purchase. Love both the ball just the feel of the i(s) off the irons really does it for me. Can't wait to game these in the Morgan Cup.

Still playing the same B330-RX in optic yellow. One thing that has happened as I hit the ball better is that I'm getting a lot more spin. The ball is literally just stopping a foot from where it lands quite a bit. I have to really remember to use carry distance as a guide for which club to take.

Thats good though man. Gives you a more predictable shot huh? Those are bad @ss golfballs my friend.

Still playing the same B330-RX in optic yellow. One thing that has happened as I hit the ball better is that I'm getting a lot more spin. The ball is literally just stopping a foot from where it lands quite a bit. I have to really remember to use carry distance as a guide for which club to take.

that's the ball I used for my club championship. Yes I was the only person who used a yellow ball in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back