Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering the R11 driver again now to complete my bag (unless I get the Rescue 11 as well)

I heard back from Kari Lajosi and the putter looks like it is within my price range. I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one. I asked him to not paint fill the putter to save me the trouble of stripping it when it gets to me.

Out of curiosity, if it's custom, and you've got something in mind, can't they fill it for you?

Out of curiosity, if it's custom, and you've got something in mind, can't they fill it for you?

They can, but I like doing it myself. I like to have evidence of my own hands on my clubs. I will probably decide what colors to use once I actually see the putter. I will probably change it up from time to time as well.

They can, but I like doing it myself. I like to have evidence of my own hands on my clubs. I will probably decide what colors to use once I actually see the putter. I will probably change it up from time to time as well.

I had a feeling that was the case!! You did a great job on the projects you've shared dude.

Congrats on the potential new putter. Hopefully it fits your game well!

I had a feeling that was the case!! You did a great job on the projects you've shared dude.

Congrats on the potential new putter. Hopefully it fits your game well!

Thanks bro! If it doesn't fit, it will look very good in the collection with my Machine Steam Punk and Tour Issue Kia Ma.

I just thought that I might add my experience with the R9 irons that I recently bought. They seem to be perfect for a mid-handicapper like myself. The short irons are forgiving and allow you to still get plenty of spin and accuracy on mis-hits, but the longer irons are tougher to hit if you aren't a good ball striker. They are not terribly forgiving on mis-hits, but when you hit them flush, it feels amazing. They play a lot like blades because they aren't that foriving but on solid strikes of the ball the performance (distance, workability) is unmatched by any cavity backed irons. If you can strike the ball well, I highly reccomend these irons.

Not liking the SC any more?

I heard back from Kari Lajosi and the putter looks like it is within my price range. I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one. I asked him to not paint fill the putter to save me the trouble of stripping it when it gets to me.

r9 or r11 irons?

I just thought that I might add my experience with the R9 irons that I recently bought. They seem to be perfect for a mid-handicapper like myself. The short irons are forgiving and allow you to still get plenty of spin and accuracy on mis-hits, but the longer irons are tougher to hit if you aren't a good ball striker. They are not terribly forgiving on mis-hits, but when you hit them flush, it feels amazing. They play a lot like blades because they aren't that foriving but on solid strikes of the ball the performance (distance, workability) is unmatched by any cavity backed irons. If you can strike the ball well, I highly reccomend these irons.

I heard back from Kari Lajosi and the putter looks like it is within my price range. I think I m going to pull the trigger on this one. I asked him to not paint fill the putter to save me the trouble of stripping it when it gets to me.

Good deal Seth, I really am glad its going to work out.

Did you stay simple and clean all the way around or get a particular style of face milling? What weight? What finish?

Dude, you know me, I GOTTA KNOW?!?!?! HAHAHAHA

Good deal Seth, I really am glad its going to work out.

Did you stay simple and clean all the way around or get a particular style of face milling? What weight? What finish?

Dude, you know me, I GOTTA KNOW?!?!?! HAHAHAHA

haha, I will give you the specs. I went with the DD201 model, 33", 4º of loft, 71º lie angle, 350g, SethO Rhoades milled on the bumpers, Copper plate - brushed nickel, Jolly Rodger heel milling, Single sight line with no dot on the crown with a Black Iomic grip. I did not request special face milling.

Looking at PX 6.0 Flighted shafts again, I got busy and didn't pull the trigger, but I think the X's might like some PX love.

Ill hit the optimizer first though and see.

Do it Yoccs! Awesome those shafts into your bag!

Looking at PX 6.0 Flighted shafts again, I got busy and didn't pull the trigger, but I think the X's might like some PX love.

Ill hit the optimizer first though and see.

Yeah but I swing like way faster. And harder. I should be be hitting blades. Haha, actually I think Ill check out 5.5's too. Optimizer time this weekend. But the optimizer recommended something even more last time. Ill see whats up.

Good luck Yoccos! I love my 5.5s

I want to man. I really like them.

Do it Yoccs! Awesome those shafts into your bag!

Yeah! You got me all motivated to to finish my Method's paint job. Good luck with the putter Seth!

ooohhhhh! I like!

Yeah! You got me all motivated to to finish my Method's paint job. Good luck with the putter Seth!

I can't wait to hear what you think about the PX shafts. You are refinishing your Method? I definitely want to see that.

haha, I will give you the specs. I went with the DD201 model, 33", 4º of loft, 71º lie angle, 350g, SethO Rhoades milled on the bumpers, Copper plate - brushed nickel, Jolly Rodger heel milling, Single sight line with no dot on the crown with a Black Iomic grip. I did not request special face milling.

Awesome Seth, I love the copper plate. When it patina's, gorgeous. I still make everyone handle my two that are plated when they come over, different skin oils change the patina with different hues and tones, so sweet.

Can't wait to see it Seth.

Awesome Seth, I love the copper plate. When it patina's, gorgeous. I still make everyone handle my two that are plated when they come over, different skin oils change the patina with different hues and tones, so sweet.

Sounds creepy...lol "Hey will you please handle my putter?"

Nice! I can't wait to get this bad boy in. I will definitely post pics when it gets here both filled and unfilled.

Sounds creepy...lol "Hey will you please handle my putter?"

Haha, depends on who you're asking. My wife tends to like it, but I digress LOL :rofl:

Haha, depends on who you're asking. My wife tends to like it, but I digress LOL :rofl:

I would hope you dont have to ask your wife to 'handle your putter"

I'm trying to paint refill that bad boy but i'm having a rough go!

I can't wait to hear what you think about the PX shafts. You are refinishing your Method? I definitely want to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back