Tiger playing once a month

Seeing snippets of his press conference where Tiger said he can see himself playing once a month. A lot of high fives must be going around in Ponte Vedra.
Honestly, that seems like a lot. I would imagine we see Tiger, when recovered, 6-8 times a year. 12 seems excessive.

I think it's very optimistic. Let's see him get through a 72 hole event and then determine when and if he is physically capable of doing it again.

I mean I don’t think it’s unrealistic. After his accident he mentioned he will have to prioritize certain tournaments and would be playing on a limited schedule. Playing every 4-6 weeks seems like a solid starting point

Saw that ... It's good for golf. Put a smile on my face.

would love to see it. Love watching him play!

I think that’s pretty bold, and not in a good way.

Would it be cool to see? Heck yeah it would, the tournament buzz is tremendous when he’s in the field and playing well. Would it be a lot better if it were like Riviera (ffs just win there already) 4 majors, The Players, Bay Hill (likely never again, sadly) and I guess the Memorial?

That would be pretty nice too.

I mean he is walking with a bag on his back caddying for Charlie. I assume is leg is doing better so he will always challenge himself. It is his curse to not sit still so if he thinks he can do it then I would bet on him making a good effort.

Honestly, that seems like a lot. I would imagine we see Tiger, when recovered, 6-8 times a year. 12 seems excessive.
I agree with you there. Maybe once a month during "season" not the off season tournaments. I don't see him going to those.

Hit the 4 majors and a couple others that are conveniently timed.

Dec: Hero World Challenge
Jan: American Express or Farmers
Feb: AT&T
Mar: Players
Apr: Masters
May: PGA
Jun: US Open
Jul: British
Aug: Fed Ex playoffs

I don't see him skipping any of these unless his leg just can not withstand walking 72 holes.
That gives him one a month. 8-12 for the year.
It will be interesting to see how he holds up and how he will perform.

Hoping he will be able to play once a month and it will be great for golf but let's start with his first 72 hole tournament and see how he handles it.

I'm here for it.

I'm just glad he is competing. Would be surprised if he finished top 10 in this event.

Feels like once a month would be aggressive considering his injury history.

I hope it works out. Have my doubts.

I mean he is walking with a bag on his back caddying for Charlie. I assume is leg is doing better so he will always challenge himself. It is his curse to not sit still so if he thinks he can do it then I would bet on him making a good effort.
I'm kind of in the same boat. He's carrying a bag for multiple rounds for his kid, with smart prep, he can make the walk and make a few dozen full swings between strolls down the fairway.

Dec: Hero World Challenge
Jan: American Express or Farmers
Feb: AT&T
Mar: Players
Apr: Masters
May: PGA
Jun: US Open
Jul: British
Aug: Fed Ex playoffs

I don't see him skipping any of these unless his leg just can not withstand walking 72 holes.
That gives him one a month. 8-12 for the year.
It will be interesting to see how he holds up and how he will perform.
if that’s his schedule, i don’t see him making more than 1 or 2 cuts. No way he’s making the playoffs.

Maybe he meant during the months that had majors or the Players and his Hero Challenge. That equates to about 6 months or 6 events.

That would be awesome to see.

It would be awesome to see. Unfortunately I’ll believe it when I see it

Maybe he meant during the months that had majors or the Players and his Hero Challenge. That equates to about 6 months or 6 events.
Lol. Playing every month*

(*Months that include majors or events that Tiger is directly tied to)

Back