TaylorMade Launches R11 Irons

Do you prefer that b/c of familiarity, b/c of "tradition", what? I'm genuinely curious here.

I guess what I would prefer would be to have loft #s on each club! I'm not against jacked up lofts, but it leads to alot of confusion. So I guess I would say both familiarity and tradition play into lofts of a PW. I'd rather buy a set that has a PW with lofts in the 47 or 48 range than having to by a UW/AW/(insert new letter)W to bridge the gap between the pitching wedge and the gap or sand wedge.

While it's all preference for me I guess I also see it as a money grab. Why make people buy extra clubs in the higher lofts to fill out the scoring clubs all the while the 3 and 4 iron sits in the garage?

After seeing that launch video, it's almost Apple like in the way Taylormade is marketing and releasing their products and that's not a bad thing one bit.

Jeeze, these are really starting to grow on me.

The R7 irons were terrible. THe R9's were leap years ahead of them in every category.

You guys must hate auto manufacturers, making all those different models, and even coming out with new stuff every year, thus making the one you just bought depreciate.

Im so confused with this post really.
Burner 2.0s came out in 2010. R9 irons came out at the very end of 2009/beginning of 2010. That is a year and a half between that and the latest R11 iron.
And while you might not see the Callaway stuff in your pro shop, the US Callaway site clearly lists their 4 RAZR irons and the company touts them having 4 irons in their line. And the Diablo Edge stuff is of course just as much a current line product as the Burner 2.0 right? They were both from 2010 and both still part of the current line.

The R11 is the newest version in the R series which updates no more than once per year (in this case closer to 18 months). Do you get upset that new cars come out each year? How does one coming out with a new product hurt someone else? Is it ego that they no longer have the latest offering?

The constant release of supposedly new and better gear is what gets me. You can throw dates around as much as you like but its what i see day to day thats effects my feelings on this subject. Sales online and in the few shops i go to.

Were not going to agree here, and your not going to change how i feel about this subject. Your are probably the most in the know person on golf equipment worldwide other than the people designing the stuff so i respect what your saying, i really do, but it doesnt change the way i feel about this new release (and the soon to happen further new releases).

Im in sales, i know how it works, i just dont like it.

The more the merrier. I like having plenty of options to pick from.... well as long as they are made in LH.

Single, I love that you have your opinion buddy, and I respect it, even though I don't agree.

Fact is: the R9's rocked! And now the R11's should be slightly longer, and offer a similar feel. I'm beyond jazzed to try these.

The R7 irons were terrible. THe R9's were leap years ahead of them in every category.

You guys must hate auto manufacturers, making all those different models, and even coming out with new stuff every year, thus making the one you just bought depreciate.

Without wanting to get into an arguement which i can only assume you want to with the tone of your replies to me, a car is not a purchase most people make once every few years like most members of this site do with golf gear (or get free if they are lucky enough to be chosen for a test).

I could compare buyi9ng an apple and a washing machine if you like but im not sure it would get us anywhere.

EDIT: I loved my R7's! Played some of my best golf with those bad boys.

Cool, we'll agree to disagree.....now when will nike release something new already as im dying to buy some irons! ;)

The constant release of supposedly new and better gear is what gets me. You can throw dates around as much as you like but its what i see day to day thats effects my feelings on this subject. Sales online and in the few shops i go to.

Were not going to agree here, and your not going to change how i feel about this subject. Your are probably the most in the know person on golf equipment worldwide other than the people designing the stuff so i respect what your saying, i really do, but it doesnt change the way i feel about this new release (and the soon to happen further new releases).

Im in sales, i know how it works, i just dont like it.

Im not trying to change anybody's mind, I just dont understand the argument against choices other than hurting someone's ego because of not having the latest release. Choices make prices go down, give consumers options and in the end, makes everything across the board better quality.

Every single industry out there puts out new products every year. From food, to cars, to every sporting goods product there is. I really dont think 18 months (R9 to R11) is too short of time to release the next product. Apparently you disagree and think a company should not release new products each year and should keep producing older products or just not release anything new. Your choice, but I dont think many consumers or anybody in the world of business would agree with it.

After seeing that launch video, it's almost Apple like in the way Taylormade is marketing and releasing their products and that's not a bad thing one bit.

Jeeze, these are really starting to grow on me.

Bingo. That's my point. You can put all sorts of technology. But the consumer buying the product still needs to swing the club, a club can only fix so much it comes down to the swing.

If we want to have a thread debating release cycle length, number of product lines, or if the technology in clubs can make someone a better golfer, I'm all for that...but this thread is supposed to be about a new product that people may be interested in.

Can we please bring it back to that and split these other discussions to a different thread?

Apparently you disagree and think a company should not release new products each year and should keep producing older products or just not release anything new.

Taylormade have released the TP x3 and the R11 irons in what feels like a very short space of time. Thats my issue. The release dates of the previous gear in relation doesnt change that fact.

Add the drivers etc and they are launching something 'new' with alarming regularity. Once a year launces sit better with me as a person, i know this doesnt work in the realy world when trying to maximise income. Thats my problem not there's.

It doesnt affect me buying there stuff by the way, which they'll be happy to hear. :banghead:

If we want to have a thread debating release cycle length, number of product lines, or if the technology in clubs can make someone a better golfer, I'm all for that...but this thread is supposed to be about a new product that people may be interested in.

Can we please bring it back to that and split these other discussions to a different thread?

For the sake of everyone, i think were done here, boss.

These look nice. Can't say I love the lug nut but the shape of the iron is nice. REally excited that the MC'ers are going to be playing these.

I am with you on the lug nut and to make it bright red, makes it stand out even more. Other than the lug nut hang up it looks like it could be a solid performer.

Without wanting to get into an arguement which i can only assume you want to with the tone of your replies to me, a car is not a purchase most people make once every few years like most members of this site do with golf gear (or get free if they are lucky enough to be chosen for a test).

I could compare buyi9ng an apple and a washing machine if you like but im not sure it would get us anywhere.

EDIT: I loved my R7's! Played some of my best golf with those bad boys.

Cool, we'll agree to disagree.....now when will nike release something new already as im dying to buy some irons! ;)

I don't want to argue either. Just having a discussion bro. That's all. I enjoy your take on it. It makes this fun.

oooooo! :desire:
ahhhhh! :drool:

Taylormades release program is efficient, incredible, and brings in big bucks.

If tm fans weren't dumb enough to keep buying all the new stuff, they may have to alter their plans.

When the newest white driver hits, 20-40% of the buyers will be r11 owners. I can't guarantee those numbers but you get my point.

Taylormades release program is efficient, incredible, and brings in big bucks.

If tm fans weren't dumb enough to keep buying all the new stuff, they may have to alter their plans.

When the newest white driver hits, 20-40% of the buyers will be r11 owners. I can't guarantee those numbers but you get my point.

What's sad is that it's true. it's like iSheep
I love the look of the irons and I want to hit them so I will reserve my judgement on these clubs till then.

Not to flare up the multiple clubs and release debate (last comment I promise) but I think from a business side of things and marketing it is brilliant. Keep your brand in the mind eye of every person who subscribes to golfsmith/galaxy/tgw/etc. Like someone mentioned apple above tm can keep their brand in front of the people at opportune times.

That is all.

So, has anybody seen the new R11 irons? If so, what are your thoughts?

I'm not a huge fan of the red screw either, but things like that can become attractive very quickly with a few good iron shots.

So, has anybody seen the new R11 irons? If so, what are your thoughts?

I'm not a huge fan of the red screw either, but things like that can become attractive very quickly with a few good iron shots.

You can see pics on the first page. Or do you mean in person?

You can see pics on the first page. Or do you mean in person?

That was my attempt to get people to quit talking about Apple.

I like these from the top. They are very shiny like the CB's. I loved the way the CB's looked, but not so much how they hit. It sounds like these could be a better option over the TP line for many golfers.

I find Audi in a similar boat to Taylormade and I think a lot of people notice this. They have their large models, but then there are those small between market segments and you could put a product there and it may be a perfect fit or the consumer may just look at it and say well what's the point.

Having played the R9s for some time now, I am definitely interested in how these perform, including the analysis and videos by some of those playing in the Morgan Cup. Cannot wait!!!

I actually really like these irons

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

So I have a question. Not to get into another heated debate but rather to enlighten people who are interested in these irons.

To the people who keep making mention of the likeness to the TP CB's. What are you guys seeing in these irons that makes you think TP CB? I mean other than the lug nut in the back all I see is R9 with a facelift. Now I'm sure that there are some improvements in tech so don't think that I'm saying that TM didn't try with these irons. However, from a visual perspective all I see is an R9 with a new badge and a red lug nut.

If somebody could enlighten me then I will respectfully change my opinion. As of now I just don't see the CB likeness in these irons.

Back