Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

Interest concept to have a “tour only” head mixed into the lineup.
It’s exciting, as I have spun the last two LS heads like a top.

Is it weird that I'm definitely leaning the Darkspeed Max not only because I had so much success with the Aerojet Max, but because of the Red Highlights (kinda want to avoid the blue highlights on the X) :ROFLMAO:

I’m listening…..
I'm just not a high spin guy. Love the look and feel, just need a little more in the rear for protection against the lowest end. And it's been low overall in testing. Low low. Dark, fast, and low spin!!

Weren't you testing the AJ LS to take the left miss out of the equation?

All in all, a fantastic looking driver series 😍 Love the little accent colors on different models. And knowing how good AJ was especially with a toe miss, to now read rhey made it even batter in retaining speed off-center blows my mind.

It'll be super interesting to get fit into these with the weight placement options and shaft options.
Yes I was and did but eventually fit into a 9* standard model in the AJ.

Those stock shaft offerings🔥🔥🔥

Any chance you have a comp pic of the 8* LS and 9* LS?
Yeahhhh.. I'll have to look though. Did that at that initial. There's obviously some differences, but they're not obvious enough for most to spot without pointing them out.

How fast are these compared to others? Anyone have LM data to post? @OldandStiff gotta have a video coming no???

I didnt think there would be a driver that would knock the Aerojet out of my bag so quickly, but I am thinking this one does it. This one is everything I like in a driver and then some.

Also, that headcover is sick. Like the Darth Vader of headcovers.

10.5 X Head showing Sold Out
And no Tour Length
Hopefully its early, and there are bugs on the Cobra website

Oh sure blame it on the adapter position and not the build 😂
1000053710.jpg

Half a degree flatter than Aerojet counterpart this year. Think it's the flattest they've ever been.

How fast are these compared to others? Anyone have LM data to post? @OldandStiff gotta have a video coming no???
I will. Absolutely. Just been a heck of week with work and haven't had a chance to go through and put them together.

I'm just not a high spin guy. Love the look and feel, just need a little more in the rear for protection against the lowest end. And it's been low overall in testing. Low low. Dark, fast, and low spin!!
I'm living in the same realm after my last club tune-up. We were trying to get me more spin with the driver, so an LS head seems like it should be a no-go zone, but maybe worth a try with the weight in the rear 🤔. That all-black looks dangerous.

I'm living in the same realm after my last club tune-up. We were trying to get me more spin with the driver, so an LS head seems like it should be a no-go zone, but maybe worth a try with the weight in the rear 🤔. That all-black looks dangerous.
Don't underestimate the X! It's really good and has some added adjustability this year too!

The real story here is the tech, weight placement and aerodynamics in the head...not the shaft haha
It’s not just words. There is an absolute advantage in this driver over the Aerojet based upon my time with it at the MC.

@jdtox did we ever sort out which version we got to hit? I’m pretty sure, but I’m not 100% sure. But I am 100% sure that’s the one I want to play this year.

@jdtox did we ever sort out which version we got to hit? I’m pretty sure, but I’m not 100% sure. But I am 100% sure that’s the one I want to play this year.
It was the LS

LS 8*

Having played Cobra drivers for the last several years I can confidently say this is without a doubt the best driver they have put out in the looks dept. Oh and the headcover is awesome too ;)
That's quite the endorsement from someone who has had played with the prior Cobra Drivers.

Is it weird that I'm definitely leaning the Darkspeed Max not only because I had so much success with the Aerojet Max, but because of the Red Highlights (kinda want to avoid the blue highlights on the X) :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy hitting the Max.

This thing looks mean. Can't wait to test one. I'm likely a 10.5 X guy. As someone that is already low spin and has an even lower spin miss (high toe/IO path), the LS sounds downright dangerous. Doesn't mean I won't hit it lol.

Absolute beauty of a release with these heads. Sedate for Cobra, but a great looking club.

I'll be interested to see the performance comparisons in the future.

Wow... I wonder how many minds this is going to blow of the people that got to hit it.
They knew in the moment. I thought. Got to put their own shaft in and have at it! @sweetnlow put some real nice swings on it, and the sound of it on the Dormie range was awesome.

Back