2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Amazon has quite a few of the flavors on there I just realized...
Yeah, but at two to three times the Costco price,though :(

I have homemade protein bars currently baking in the oven. I have no idea if it will taste good, but it smells fantastic.

I have homemade protein bars currently baking in the oven. I have no idea if it will taste good, but it smells fantastic.
And this reminds me that I never made those donuts.

And this reminds me that I never made those donuts.
Haha, they are good, but remember they are still a protein donut. They are really only as good as the protein powder you use, so you want to make sure it's one you really like.

The ones I am making today are interesting because they are kind of like a cheesecake protein bar. I had chocolate protein powder and a ripe banana so I decided to make that the flavor. If they are any good I'll post up the recipe.

I already feel like I made a mistake by not blending the cottage cheese. It didn't say to, but I have a feeling it would have been better.

Haha, they are good, but remember they are still a protein donut. They are really only as good as the protein powder you use, so you want to make sure it's one you really like.

The ones I am making today are interesting because they are kind of like a cheesecake protein bar. I had chocolate protein powder and a ripe banana so I decided to make that the flavor. If they are any good I'll post up the recipe.

I already feel like I made a mistake by not blending the cottage cheese. It didn't say to, but I have a feeling it would have been better.
Cottage cheese is on my list for myself for the first time in decades because of "you people". I'm going to be giving this a shot and see how it works out, blending it seems to be the way to make it so I'm keeping focused on that.

Cottage cheese is on my list for myself for the first time in decades because of "you people". I'm going to be giving this a shot and see how it works out, blending it seems to be the way to make it so I'm keeping focused on that.
If it is a texture thing, then blending, it will remove any texture issues.

Random side note, but for anybody looking to add more protein, when a recipe calls for applesauce or pumpkin purée, I always sub Greek yogurt and seems to work out every time.

You can get so versatile when you blend it. Pretty much any pasta dish I make these days gets blended cottage cheese added to it, packs a ton of protein and the dairy free stuff is so good, you would think you are using 100% ricotta. Makes for some great, healthy, creamy meals.

I did an orzo dish last week, with tons of veggies and ground chicken breast, and added aa jar of somewhat healthy marinara sauce and a full cup of blended lactose free cottage cheese. Healthy, creamy, didnt kill my stomach and was just good ole fashioned comfort food that was packed with great macros.

You can get so versatile when you blend it. Pretty much any pasta dish I make these days gets blended cottage cheese added to it, packs a ton of protein and the dairy free stuff is so good, you would think you are using 100% ricotta. Makes for some great, healthy, creamy meals.

I did an orzo dish last week, with tons of veggies and ground chicken breast, and added aa jar of somewhat healthy marinara sauce and a full cup of blended lactose free cottage cheese. Healthy, creamy, didnt kill my stomach and was just good ole fashioned comfort food that was packed with great macros.
I'm going to be making breakfast burrito's with ground turkey and eggs as my first thing. I have not decided if I'm going to be extra and make homemade tortilla's yet or just be my normal version of extra and use the store bought ones.

It's going to replace the other cheese that I would normally use so it can be DF.

I'm going to be making breakfast burrito's with ground turkey and eggs as my first thing. I have not decided if I'm going to be extra and make homemade tortilla's yet or just be my normal version of extra and use the store bought ones.

It's going to replace the other cheese that I would normally use so it can be DF.
Normal version of extra is good enough, I would imagine making homemade tortillas is a pain in the butt.

• Sad
Reactions: JB
278 this morning. Down 12 lbs. On pace to be down over 40 by Ballyhack but we are going for 50+
Im so ******* excited for you. Also, I am going to be so let down if its not there.
Please don't let me down. Hahah.

God damn THAT IS AWESOME!

Im so ******* excited for you. Also, I am going to be so let down if its not there.
Please don't let me down. Hahah.

God damn THAT IS AWESOME!
Thx brother.. I got u.

Found a couple 25g yogurts called Ratio Protein. Had a strawberry and a coconut with a banana for breakfast. Strawberry is solid. Coconut tasted like something I will regret, so maybe don’t do that one literally ever.

Still, 50g of protein before a workout ain’t bad.

3/1 - 278 this morning. Down 12 lbs. On pace to be down over 40 by Ballyhack but we are going for 50+
Dude this is fantastic!

Found a couple 25g yogurts called Ratio Protein. Had a strawberry and a coconut with a banana for breakfast. Strawberry is solid. Coconut tasted like something I will regret, so maybe don’t do that one literally ever.

Still, 50g of protein before a workout ain’t bad.
The ratio yogurts are really good, some times they can really rock the guy though.

The ratio yogurts are really good, some times they can really rock the guy though.
….. I’m going to assume you meant gut. 😂

The coconut flavor came back in the form of a few burps that made me pause working out for a few min. Thought it was trying to fight its way back out, and that aftertaste would have allowed it. Just woof.

@bigbov
@Joshnoble01

Where do we stand? Well I think I know where @bigbov stands
My goal by the end of February was to hit the magic 300 threshold. I didn’t quite get there at 301.1. I could have done an hour in a sauna like I was cutting weight for a wrestling tourney but I am focused on the real weight. Super stoked I passed the 50 pound total since I started recording at the end of last August.

I shouldn’t have any problem hitting the 10% total for our goal. I’m not positive what I need to get to for that but I think it was 287. At my current rate I should hit that by end of April. Ballyhack will not be a problem for that.

My goal is 270 Ballyhack in August.

3/1 - 278 this morning. Down 12 lbs. On pace to be down over 40 by Ballyhack but we are going for 50+
We got this.

….. I’m going to assume you meant gut. 😂

The coconut flavor came back in the form of a few burps that made me pause working out for a few min. Thought it was trying to fight its way back out, and that aftertaste would have allowed it. Just woof.
Guy, gut, same thing.

I will say it is nice that I can’t wear half of my jeans because they are too big and fall off of me.

I will say it is nice that I can’t wear half of my jeans because they are too big and fall off of me.
We both like that, and don’t like that. Cause now you need new clothes!

My goal by the end of February was to hit the magic 300 threshold. I didn’t quite get there at 301.1. I could have done an hour in a sauna like I was cutting weight for a wrestling tourney but I am focused on the real weight. Super stoked I passed the 50 pound total since I started recording at the end of last August.

I shouldn’t have any problem hitting the 10% total for our goal. I’m not positive what I need to get to for that but I think it was 287. At my current rate I should hit that by end of April. Ballyhack will not be a problem for that.

My goal is 270 Ballyhack in August.
Dude.. you are killing it. We might have to actually shop for polos @ Ballyhack.

Back