The HIO You Don’t Want

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Ever hit a ball on a par three that is a total stinker and let somehow it still tracks toward the hole? Ever wish a ball out of the hole because of a bad swing?

I had one today. Clubbed up big time in the wind and hit a total stinker that was a fatty toe ball, which happened to knock off all the spin and it sailed toward the pin the whole way. As soon as my brain did the math on direction I stopped my noises on the bad strike hahaha

IMG_9197.jpeg

Last edited:
Bad stinker huh?

Season 2 No GIF by Martin

How many HIO do you have? I'll take one any way I can get it. I'm not buying drinks though!

Hell no. It all looks the same in the scorecard.
First Place Circle GIF by Biteable

I was always afraid my first would be a thinny skank. Fortunately, it wasn’t.

Nah. I am totally ok with with the bad shot good result..

Reactions: Ooo
I'll take the HIO anyway I can get it, great shot or a not so great it's going to be a 1 on the scorecard.

Ever hit a ball on a par three that is a total stinker and let somehow it still tracks toward the hole? Ever wish a ball out of the hole because of a bad swing?

I had one today. Clubbed up big time in the wind and hit a total stinker that was a fatty toe ball, which happened to knock off all the spin and it sailed toward the pin the whole way. As soon as my brain did the math on direction I stopped my noises on the bad strike hahaha

View attachment 9252855
Good miss…

:LOL:

Season 2 No GIF by Martin

How many HIO do you have? I'll take one any way I can get it. I'm not buying drinks though!
Zero. That’s why I stopped criticizing my shot when I saw it was going at the hole hahahaha

Better to be lucky than good sometimes

Zero. That’s why I stopped criticizing my shot when I saw it was going at the hole hahahaha
I totally misread it and thought you were trying to talk it out because you didn't want a HIO on a **** swing.

View attachment 9252855
My luck one of those punch marks would have kicked it offline

I totally misread it and thought you were trying to talk it out because you didn't want a HIO on a **** swing.
It just came to my mind as I was walking to the green haha. I’ll take it whatever way I possibly can for my first one, but there’s always that tiny piece saying “make it a juicy flush shot” haha

Great result , and that what matters ,,, not the pretty ball flight or the sound of the strike on the face …

Long after that fades the result is permanent

Wouldn't bother me in the least- I'd take it and run!!

It just came to my mind as I was walking to the green haha. I’ll take it whatever way I possibly can for my first one, but there’s always that tiny piece saying “make it a juicy flush shot” haha
You've never had a HIO????

I had a buddy who had a HIO (his first) on a steep downhill par 3 a few years ago…. during a league night, no less.

He skulled his tee shot... The ball barely cleared a pond, and ricocheted off the top of the pond’s retention wall. Then it shot across the cart path, into a bunker. From there the ball rolled up the side of the bunker, onto the green and found its way into the hole.

It’s the stuff of legend.

Considering that I do not have a hole in one in 53 years of playing, I would take one no matter how it got in the hole.

Also, I dont care how I get a HIO, thin, fat, slice, shank. If it goes in, I'm celebrating.

Until I get my first, I’ll take it however I can get it

We arent supposed to talk about it.
I would have lost a bet if one was placed. As good as Dan is...I just figured it was a forgone conclusion that he had at least one. I will return to the hole I crawled out of.

Back