Tattoo Golf....Too far?

Like most have said, I don't have a problem with it, either. It's just something that I would never buy or wear. With so many great shirt makers out there they just don't hold up against the competition in my opinion. (Sligo, Puma, Dunning, Hollas to name a few)

i don't think there stuff is Too far... some of it isn't my style but as far as skulls and stuff well i have them tattooed on my arms so i guess ill have to start wearing long sleeves as to not to offend anyone on the course!

I don't care for most of the shirts or hats but think I will pick up one of the buckles.

Like most have said, I don't have a problem with it, either. It's just something that I would never buy or wear. With so many great shirt makers out there they just don't hold up against the competition in my opinion. (Sligo, Puma, Dunning, Hollas to name a few)

Are you sure that these shirts are all manufactured by the company that puts their name on them? I would guess that there is some contract manufacturing going on in the golf apparel industry today, JB or someone I am sure knows more about this than I do and can comment.

I took a quick look at the website and I actually like the look. Some nice looking shirts and some pretty outlandish stuff as well. I have no problem with someone sporting this look. It strays from the traditional but so does quit a few other companies. To each his own, I'm all for it.

Now to me Loudmouth golf is eye pollution that far exceeds having a few skulls or flaming hearts on a golf shirt and definitely would be banned if I were one of the golf gods.

Not really my cup o tea, but that's probably good because I'd look pretty pathetic wearing clothes like that at my age.

I find there stuff to be good looking but from what iv read on here there is a quality issue so that may deter me from purchasing

a few of their things are rather nice. i particularly like the quiet divider golf bags, wouldn't mind one of them, even if they are a bit steep. other things im not really a fan of but dont mind others wearing it. wouldn't mind seeing them have a go at making some trousers.

Yep, cuz nothing says "individuality" like wearing the exact same mass-marketed "alternative edgy style" skull fashions as every other Macy's consumer. And definitely on the golf course nothin says "badass mofo" like a guy in tattoos and a skull golf shirt going "Oh hey, I just made a birdie!"

In a game steeped in tradition and etiquette I think golf should maintain a fairly timeless overall style that isn't immediately responsive to short-lived fads. Personally I think the sporty clean business casual look of golf melds perfectly with the overall experience. Sure, you will have various influences or trends sneak into the basic golf look (i.e. loose/baggy look of the 90's, or the current slim fitting look of today, vibrant colors, Puma hats, etc)...that's fine. But golf doesn't need to, nor should it be, be a microcosm of pop culture fads. I think to a certain extent, it is that timeless classic feel that appeals to many.

I'm into other activities that have a specific style and I know the atmosphere I'm going into when I go snowboarding, to an AMA Roadrace, NASCAR event, or when I go on motorcycle rides....but I have no intention of trying to bring those styles into golf. I go to the golf course for the scenery and overall atmosphere just as much for the fun of the game. Personally, I don't want it to start looking like I'm at one of my motorcycle races. Even though I'm technically one of em, I go to the golf course to get away from "those people." :)

Having said that, they do have some cool stuff, and I'm considering order a couple shirts from that site :)

Having said that, they do have some cool stuff, and I'm considering order a couple shirts from that site :)

:rofl:

I really like some of there stuff but don't own any (well, actually I have the drink cozy). I've thought about ordering some but if the quality is an issue I'd have to think more about it (they've had some of their stuff at Rock Bottom for awhile I just haven't pulled the trigger on it before and looking at their closeouts on their own site they have the same stuff for less than RB).

Is the quality an issue currently or is that more of a past issue?

Curious...for those that have a problem with these on the course what is your opinion of camo themed shirts or even sneaker style golf shoes?

Too far? No, but I would certainly not wear any of it.

I think there isn't anything wrong with the style but I have a feeling some courses may give you a hard time because it wouldn't be part of their dress code. I personally wouldn't agree with that but I am not the one making the rules.

Some nice stuff there and a couple of things that I would wear. For the most part though I'm not feeling it.

Alex

I wish Chrome Hearts would come out with a golf line, I love their stuff.

That is some seriously ugly stuff there. Wear it if you want to wear it. I don't care.

I have no room to talk on durability, quality, price, etc. but MAN are they ugly. I'd run the person I saw wearing that over with my golf cart! Repeatedly! Kidding...

I have no room to talk on durability, quality, price, etc. but MAN are they ugly. I'd run the person I saw wearing that over with my golf cart! Repeatedly! Kidding...

I do the same to people with funny New York Accents. Small world. Hehe.

I don't particularly care for the shirts myself, but the other stuff is pretty cool.

I do the same to people with funny New York Accents. Small world. Hehe.

I don't particularly care for the shirts myself, but the other stuff is pretty cool.

That's only those crazy people from NYC. Southerners are what really get me....

That is funny, I think.... There are a couple things I like. Corps hat and one of the shirts. But I'd wear anything from tatoo before I'd wear loudmouth stuff.

Back