Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

Smallville, thanks for the videos! Its nice to see a user's video rather than a manufacturer promo video that was made under best conditions. I was on the course today and found myself using a tee and getting poor results. It looks like that tool is pretty useful and not just something else to store in my bag. Ill have to keep my eye out for the Greensaver next time I'm at Golf Town!

And once again, it is very lightweight and I don't even notice it in my pocket. Someone who doesn't carry anything might, but I already carry a couple tees and an extra ball in one pocket, and the divot tool in the other.

Good job smalls!

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

And once again, it is very lightweight and I don't even notice it in my pocket. Someone who doesn't carry anything might, but I already carry a couple tees and an extra ball in one pocket, and the divot tool in the other.

I agree here. I usually carry nothing but a tee in my pocket, and I feel it in my pocket when I swing. I'm used to it by now, but at first it's a bit distracting.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Hi,
It costs €5.00 and €3.50 for P&P. I can send up to 4 tools in the one envelope for that price. Obviously this price would come down if i had an american distributor. Anybody know anybody ?

conor.

Hi Conner is that $8.50 US? If not $US please. Thanks.

Small The Videos NICE. I'm liking reviews. Keep up the great job guys

nice vids smalls! That really helps to see that bad boy in action. I see the benefit to more be getting it done right vs the speed. It really didn't seem faster to me in any of those than using a pitchfork, but it would definitely help folks that didn't know what they were doing be able to be more confident about fixing them. Might encourage more folks to actually repair their marks.

Thanks everyone. Hope to get better vids when I have someone who can hold the camera!

Hi,
prices are in Euro's I'm afraid. Hopefully I'll be able to get that down a bit as time goes by.

Hi Smallville,
I also liked your videos. There's only one thing I'd say. When you have a big divot or a long skid mark don't be afraid to slow down with the first insertion and give the back raised portion of the divot a good push back twords the centre. This will get half the job done in one go. Greens are pretty elastic when there wet.
Thanks again,

Conor.

Alright, finally...this is my "maiden testing voyage" and I'm very long-winded, so go easy on me...here we go:

I know we've already seen many pics from previous testers, but I felt the need to post these for one particular reason...

Ooooo! A package from THP!
6076474278_6f19e0c582_z.jpg

Ahha! My Green Saver Divot Repair Tool
6075938097_2bd0dfa67d_z.jpg

Hmmmm, it's PINK!!
6076474586_ae24df529b_z.jpg

Well...being the last tester to send in my address, GG surprised me with my very own Pink Green Saver tool. Nevertheless, I was finally able to take it to my home course and give it a shot.
I told my wife that I have to go golfing...the good people at THP are counting on me to provide them with excellent feedback on the Green Saver. I don't think she bought it, but I headed out anyway...

The course was packed, but there was no one behind me...so for testing purposes I decided to play the first 4 holes and hit a few shots into the green on each hole to see if I could get some different results. The greens were aerated a few days ago, so they were nice and soft, which made for some good testing.

#1, 8-iron from ~145yds
6075938409_31f59922b8_z.jpg

Fixed!
6076476634_29d8ab329f_z.jpg

Close-up.
6075939439_e079aa7a4c_z.jpg

#2, 7-iron from 150yds
6076477294_eed6bd923b_z.jpg

Fixed!
6075940689_f9ee6d05e1_z.jpg

#4, 5-iron 181yds (Par 3)
6075939985_0a2e57afc9_z.jpg

Fixed!
6075941067_9d0db4e559_z.jpg

Functionality:
After fixing the divot on #1, the first thing I said was "wow". This thing works great! And I proved myself wrong in that, this guy is actually able to fix larger divots, such as the one from #2 and some that other testers have previously shown. IMO, the Green Saver fixes divots just as good, if not sometimes better than normal divot tools. It definitely helped out, being able to read everyone else's feedback first about how to use the tool. It was simple and very effective. But as everyone has already mentioned, it's all about knowing how to properly fix a divot, no matter what tool you're using.

Durability/Size/etc:
Initially, even before having the tool, I was worried about the plastic holding up. But after using the tool for a couple holes and carrying it around, I think that the plastic will hold up forever, short of someone accidentally snapping it in half. Tossing it around or even sitting on it will not do any damage. After a long period of usage though, I would be more worried about the prongs wearing out or the spring possibly rusting.
It is small enough and lightweight that most golfers who normally carry items in their pockets would not notice it, but that's not for me. I'm a slim gentleman and my shorts/pants are usually tighter than the average guy and I'm also "golf superstitious" so I only carry a quarter in my right pocket.

Overall:
I give this product a thumbs up. It's definitely no gimmick, as all testers seem to be on the same page about the functionality. I think it's all about preference and kudos to this company for throwing their hat in a somewhat boring divot tool market with a very neat and successful idea. I think getting this product out on the courses and in the hands of THPer's was the best thing to do. Creating a buzz around the product with a "hey what's that?" or a "watch what this little guy can do" and a "where do I get one of those?" will be great and I hope that this product can take off.

I was a little skeptical at first and maybe even a little more once I received my PINK Green Saver Divot Repair tool. But after seeing what this product can do, I might just keep it around and in the bag.

6075938617_1e0dd61e9a_z.jpg

Thanks again THP and Conor @ Green Saver!

Alright, finally...this is my "maiden testing voyage" and I'm very long-winded, so go easy on me...here we go:

I know we've already seen many pics from previous testers, but I felt the need to post these for one particular reason...

Ooooo! A package from THP!
6076474278_6f19e0c582_z.jpg

Ahha! My Green Saver Divot Repair Tool
6075938097_2bd0dfa67d_z.jpg

Hmmmm, it's PINK!!
6076474586_ae24df529b_z.jpg

Well...being the last tester to send in my address, GG surprised me with my very own Pink Green Saver tool. Nevertheless, I was finally able to take it to my home course and give it a shot.
I told my wife that I have to go golfing...the good people at THP are counting on me to provide them with excellent feedback on the Green Saver. I don't think she bought it, but I headed out anyway...

The course was packed, but there was no one behind me...so for testing purposes I decided to play the first 4 holes and hit a few shots into the green on each hole to see if I could get some different results. The greens were aerated a few days ago, so they were nice and soft, which made for some good testing.

#1, 8-iron from ~145yds
6075938409_31f59922b8_z.jpg

Fixed!
6076476634_29d8ab329f_z.jpg

Close-up.
6075939439_e079aa7a4c_z.jpg

#2, 7-iron from 150yds
6076477294_eed6bd923b_z.jpg

Fixed!
6075940689_f9ee6d05e1_z.jpg

#4, 5-iron 181yds (Par 3)
6075939985_0a2e57afc9_z.jpg

Fixed!
6075941067_9d0db4e559_z.jpg

Functionality:
After fixing the divot on #1, the first thing I said was "wow". This thing works great! And I proved myself wrong in that, this guy is actually able to fix larger divots, such as the one from #2 and some that other testers have previously shown. IMO, the Green Saver fixes divots just as good, if not sometimes better than normal divot tools. It definitely helped out, being able to read everyone else's feedback first about how to use the tool. It was simple and very effective. But as everyone has already mentioned, it's all about knowing how to properly fix a divot, no matter what tool you're using.

Durability/Size/etc:
Initially, even before having the tool, I was worried about the plastic holding up. But after using the tool for a couple holes and carrying it around, I think that the plastic will hold up forever, short of someone accidentally snapping it in half. Tossing it around or even sitting on it will not do any damage. After a long period of usage though, I would be more worried about the prongs wearing out or the spring possibly rusting.
It is small enough and lightweight that most golfers who normally carry items in their pockets would not notice it, but that's not for me. I'm a slim gentleman and my shorts/pants are usually tighter than the average guy and I'm also "golf superstitious" so I only carry a quarter in my right pocket.

Overall:
I give this product a thumbs up. It's definitely no gimmick, as all testers seem to be on the same page about the functionality. I think it's all about preference and kudos to this company for throwing their hat in a somewhat boring divot tool market with a very neat and successful idea. I think getting this product out on the courses and in the hands of THPer's was the best thing to do. Creating a buzz around the product with a "hey what's that?" or a "watch what this little guy can do" and a "where do I get one of those?" will be great and I hope that this product can take off.

I was a little skeptical at first and maybe even a little more once I received my PINK Green Saver Divot Repair tool. But after seeing what this product can do, I might just keep it around and in the bag.

6075938617_1e0dd61e9a_z.jpg

Thanks again THP and Conor @ Green Saver!

Nice first write up! I agree, this is no gimmick....I have fixed several really nasty divots that I doubt I could have fixed correctly with a regular pitchfork tool. I know that mine will be a part of my bag for a long time.....just glad I didn't get the PINK ONE! :D

Thanks everyone. Hope to get better vids when I have someone who can hold the camera!

You did a great job on those videos smalls! I tried to take video last week of mine and had the same problem....no camera man! My attempts were all jumpy and the camera moved all over the place...would make you seasick just watching them :D

What kinda camera are you using?

TBT: I'm using a Flip camera. It's last years model on clearance.

Here are the videos I took today. One of them doesn't really show much but I left it because it's funny how I was trying but I wasn't showing anything! There were some times that I missed where I was aiming because I was looking to see if it was in the screen! It's not as difficult as it looks, and you can do a much better job if you aren't filming it while doing it! There are six videos, but only a total of about 90 seconds.

[video=youtube;-cYU0qx8MEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cYU0qx8MEs[/video]

[video=youtube;-I8Foqxi6wg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I8Foqxi6wg[/video]

[video=youtube;m-QdfJdXAz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-QdfJdXAz8[/video]

trying play catch up with this thread because I think there should be a huge market for this product. Smalls these videos were great. Keep up the good work everyone.

Hi,
prices are in Euro's I'm afraid. Hopefully I'll be able to get that down a bit as time goes by.

Hi Smallville,
I also liked your videos. There's only one thing I'd say. When you have a big divot or a long skid mark don't be afraid to slow down with the first insertion and give the back raised portion of the divot a good push back twords the centre. This will get half the job done in one go. Greens are pretty elastic when there wet.
Thanks again,

Conor.

I'll do that next time. Thanks for the advice.

TBT: I'm using a Flip camera. It's last years model on clearance.

I've been looking at those too....right now just using the Iphone. Having a hard time deciding between the Flip and the Kodak playsport. I'll probably end up with the flip just because of price.

Nice first write up! I agree, this is no gimmick....I have fixed several really nasty divots that I doubt I could have fixed correctly with a regular pitchfork tool. I know that mine will be a part of my bag for a long time.....just glad I didn't get the PINK ONE! :D

Real men use Pink GreenSaver Divot Repair tools...

WOW! after watching smallvilles videos, especially that last one, i think i might of just changed my mind on this tool..............

I'll probably end up with the flip just because of price.

Totally off topic but just so you guys know Cisco is canning the Flip and the entire department hence the cheaper price. Once they're gone, they're gone.

On topic:
Smalls, buddy that was an awesome repair in video #6. I'd call that a call crater rather then a divot and I'm impressed with the clean up job that you did with the Green Saver.

tnolan: Love the review, espcially the skeptical face picture. Priceless!

When I paid this morning the cost in $ with shipping came out to $12.58. Not a bad price.

WOW! after watching smallvilles videos, especially that last one, i think i might of just changed my mind on this tool..............

Yeah whether or not it you think it's right for you, I would say at least trying it. I've now played almost 10 rounds with this tool and it has been amazing. This tool is a great device for any golfer.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

SV,

Awesome vids that number 6 was nasty. I am very interested in one of these now

SV,

Awesome vids that number 6 was nasty. I am very interested in one of these now

When I go tomorrow, I will hopefully get another of those and now that I know how to do it right, it should turn out even better.

This thing actually looks fun to use lol. From the reviews so far and the videos I really cant wait to get my hands on one.

wow great videos smallville! pretty impressive i might have to get a couple of these for my buddies for our annual guys golf weekend.

damn smallville you just fly around that think just hacking away lol. I tend to go a bit slower and more precise. Your #6 video is what all my ball marks typically look like and thats usually when the greensaver takes up part of the tuff but when you push it down with your putter first like conor suggested it helps that out. The device is very handy and it does work it's just all on do you want to use this or a regular one. I think this device is great with the exception of the ball marker which conor did agree wasn't the best. All in All good device, i'd still say it is debatable on which is better between this and a regular divot tool, but i would say this doesn't damage the green's as much hence the name Green Saver.

Back