Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

I went out today for 9 holes and was all ready to take pictures/videos... Unfortunately I was dicouraged to even pull out the tool from my pocket as I didn't hit a single GIR...

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Totally off topic but just so you guys know Cisco is canning the Flip and the entire department hence the cheaper price. Once they're gone, they're gone.

Yeah, I knew that and I had seen them discounted at several places but I ran into a great deal today!! I was at Best Buy looking at them and the Playsport and the sales guy starts talking to me and asks what I am going to use it for...I tell him for my golf game and turns out he is an avid golfer!

He goes in the back and brings out the 4GB Flip HD in black....it's an open box item but the camcorder was never used...batteries still in plastic...protective cover still on lens. They have them on Closeout for $47.99 already....he gives me a 50% open box discount...tax and all less than $25 bucks!!

So to put this back on topic, this weekends rounds will feature new video of the Greensaver in action, courtesy of my new Flip UltraHD!

Nice job Nolan.. Like the pictures...:clapp:

Hi Guys,
Just a small comment on last night's contributions. ( At least it was night for me ). Although you can use the tool at a slow and deliberate pace, you will get better results if you push it in and out quite briskly. I'm not sure what the mechanics are behind this but it works.

One more thing. If anybody is ordering one and has a colour preference can you send me an e-mail at info@greensaver.ie letting me know what colour you would like. For some reason colour choices are'nt coming through to me from E-bay. From previous experience it will probably take them 6 months to sort it out.

Thanks to all,

Conor.

You guys are doing really well with this test of the Green Saver. I'm pretty sold on it working well. Looks like a good idea for a birthday present .

You guys are doing really well with this test of the Green Saver. I'm pretty sold on it working well. Looks like a good idea for a birthday present .

Your right Hawk. Only problem is do I put my THP divot for Display.:confused2:

Hi Guys,
Just a small comment on last night's contributions. ( At least it was night for me ). Although you can use the tool at a slow and deliberate pace, you will get better results if you push it in and out quite briskly. I'm not sure what the mechanics are behind this but it works.

I found this to be true. Going around the divot at a 45 degree angle at a brisk pace seemed to work the best for me.

He goes in the back and brings out the 4GB Flip HD in black....it's an open box item but the camcorder was never used...batteries still in plastic...protective cover still on lens. They have them on Closeout for $47.99 already....he gives me a 50% open box discount...tax and all less than $25 bucks!!

So to put this back on topic, this weekends rounds will feature new video of the Greensaver in action, courtesy of my new Flip UltraHD!

What a steal TBT! Congrats on that.

Nice job Nolan.. Like the pictures...:clapp:

Thanks wcueb!

I forgot to mention what I thought of the GreenSaver ball marker on top of the divot tool...
Like most of the previous reviews, I think it's a great addition to the tool. It gives it that extra touch of function around the greens.
But it was difficult to see once placed on the green and that sucker is on there tight! That magnet is no joke!
It was tough to remove easily if the tool wasn't already out of your pocket...but I use a quarter anyways. :moneymouth:

Wow, you all have done an excellent job of doing reviews. I just went back through and got caught up. one thing I have noticed is that it seems to be more work than the regular divot tool.

Wow, you all have done an excellent job of doing reviews. I just went back through and got caught up. one thing I have noticed is that it seems to be more work than the regular divot tool.

Did you see Smallville's videos? When I first started reading this thread I help your position but then Smallville came a long and really showed that the tool can not only be effective but pretty quick - especially that last video - that was a nasty mark.

It might seem like it takes more pokes at it than the normal tool but you don't have to manipulate any part of the green. Just press and release, press and release.

If Irene cooperates, I'll be out at Grande Dunes Resort Course in Myrtle Beach Monday morning with the GreenSaver in tow.
Pic's to follow :fingerscrossed:

Just caught up on the last 3 pages, great job Smalls and tnolan, impressive video, pictures and writeups. I am thinking a lot of people have actually changed their initial thoughts about this divot tool, I know I have. My reservations about the plastic, prongs and spring have been all answered.

Sometimes it depends on the divot, but I would say most of the time it's only a little bit more work.

But I think that the GreenSaver makes it easier for and does a better job at fixing divots for golfers that don't know the proper way to fix them with a standard divot tool. I would almost guarantee that 75% of golfers don't know the proper way to fix a divot...(weekend warriors, etc...) no offense to anyone personally.
But it's really up to the course to post signs...
I'll never forget, some time ago... I saw a sign above the urinal at a golf course stating "Please repair ball marks." And showed images of the proper way. I thought to myself, "Huh, I've been doing it wrong all this time."

Sometimes it depends on the divot, but I would say most of the time it's only a little bit more work.

But I think that the GreenSaver makes it easier for and does a better job at fixing divots for golfers that don't know the proper way to fix them with a standard divot tool. I would almost guarantee that 75% of golfers don't know the proper way to fix a divot...(weekend warriors, etc...) no offense to anyone personally.
But it's really up to the course to post signs...
I'll never forget, some time ago... I saw a sign above the urinal at a golf course stating "Please repair ball marks." And showed images of the proper way. I thought to myself, "Huh, I've been doing it wrong all this time."

I did it wrong from 1978 until 2008. Must have frustrated a lot of greenskeepers in my time.

I did it wrong from 1978 until 2008. Must have frustrated a lot of greenskeepers in my time.

LOL. I think most people would admit to the same.

But really, truthfully, honestly...IMO, all that matters is that you attempted to fix your divot and possibly others around yours, without completely destroying the green altogether.

Yeah they definately need a way to show people the proper way to repair ball marks. This tool is a big step towards that.

---

Just went for 9 holes--the same course I took the GreenSaver out the first time. I did a little follow-up to see how my divots I fixed were "healing." Hole 1, here I left a divot a week ago, seems to have browned over a bit. :thinking: It was the approximate spot where I used the GS last week... but there are no guarantees it WAS the same.

On a side note, I fixed a few divots with relative ease today. The Green Saver did a great job I felt.

Yeah whether or not it you think it's right for you, I would say at least trying it. I've now played almost 10 rounds with this tool and it has been amazing. This tool is a great device for any golfer.

---

i was probably one of the biggest anti greensaver guys until that video. i think for the price, ill give it a try

After watching your videos I can see how I wrong I've been doing it. We should organize a group buy on these bad boys. Great vids Small:secret:

You can count me in that group too! That's one of the reasons I like this tool, it makes easier for everyone to do it the right way.

Finally!!

The world has needed an insane amount of stainless steel lately but I finally got a day off and got to play today. Sorry for the delay.

Since I am so late, and there have already been a ton of pics and videos, I didn't feel the need to add any (wouldn't know how to add a video anyway). I had a big advantage by reading what all the other testers have written before I ever got to go out so it worked great from the start for me.

I'll start by admitting that I am "that guy". You know the one, "The Brown Spot Guy". I try to fix my marks but I guarantee I'm doing it wrong. I played solo today and managed to play through 4 groups on the 1st nine so not much time to mess around with this little tool early on but was VERY impressed with the ease and the final result. Play slowed on the back so not only did I get to fix mine but the others left behind as well.

The first 5 or 6 I fixed it worked amazingly well and I was very confident I was doing it correctly and I wasn't damaging the green. The old marks I went around fixing were repaired fine as well. I did, however, have one instance of the grass pulling off and sticking to the prongs. It was a fairly big divot that I attacked from the high side, as I thought I had read that's how to do it ITT, but I think I was supposed to tap down on the excess grass 1st (I'll have to go back and read Conor's comments about that). Minor inconvenience. It's nice to know that I'm no longer "The Brown Spot Guy".

Since I played alone and had nobody to show it off too I did take it to the 19th hole after my round to show my buddy. He was very intrigued and instantly went to show the head pro and then his father (course owner) both of which was very curious how good it would work. I'll let Nate try it out during a scramble on the 6th.

I'll be playing again on the 29th and this time I'll have a super recreational guy with me (it will be the 2nd time for him this year) so I'll get his take as well.

Another 18 holes today with the Greensaver and more golfers impressed with it's ability to fix ball marks.
Showing up as a single, I joined a 2some today at a course I don't play that much.
A great father/son combo that were a joy to play with.
On the first green I pulled out the Greensaver to fix my ball mark. I had stuck a 130yd wedge to 5 feet and left a crater in the green.
The father (Dan) saw me fixing the mark and asked what kind of contraption I had there. When I showed him the Greensaver, he kind of smirked.
Seeing this, I replied..."watch how well this works". I proceeded to fix 2 other ball marks that previous golfers had left untouched.
Both marks were fixed in less than 30 seconds total. Dan was quite impressed with how quickly and how well the tool worked.
On the 4th green I let both he and his 15 yr old son(Peter) fix their marks after showing them how to use it on mine.
Again, both were impressed. Peter proceeded to fix 4 or 5 more marks on the green...I think he thought it was kinda fun.
I told them all about THP and the testing I was doing. I let them know they could buy the Greensaver on eBay if they were interested.
By the 18th hole, Dan was convinced and said he would be ordering one or two of them in the next day or two.

Thanks again THP and Greensaver for the opportunity of testing this great little product.

Another 18 holes today with the Greensaver and more golfers impressed with it's ability to fix ball marks.
Showing up as a single, I joined a 2some today at a course I don't play that much.
A great father/son combo that were a joy to play with.
On the first green I pulled out the Greensaver to fix my ball mark. I had stuck a 130yd wedge to 5 feet and left a crater in the green.
The father (Dan) saw me fixing the mark and asked what kind of contraption I had there. When I showed him the Greensaver, he kind of smirked.
Seeing this, I replied..."watch how well this works". I proceeded to fix 2 other ball marks that previous golfers had left untouched.
Both marks were fixed in less than 30 seconds total. Dan was quite impressed with how quickly and how well the tool worked.
On the 4th green I let both he and his 15 yr old son(Peter) fix their marks after showing them how to use it on mine.
Again, both were impressed. Peter proceeded to fix 4 or 5 more marks on the green...I think he thought it was kinda fun.
I told them all about THP and the testing I was doing. I let them know they could buy the Greensaver on eBay if they were interested.
By the 18th hole, Dan was convinced and said he would be ordering one or two of them in the next day or two.

Thanks again THP and Greensaver for the opportunity of testing this great little product.

Wow, great job! I've referred a few friends to the Greensaver, but it's really good to see you getting the word out to others about the Greensaver and THP!

---

Wow, great job! I've referred a few friends to the Greensaver, but it's really good to see you getting the word out to others about the Greensaver and THP!

I make sure to sing the praises of THP during every round I play. :banana:

I make sure to sing the praises of THP during every round I play. :banana:

And if I'm not singing, I've at least got the cap on.

Back