Ping Anser Forged Wedges

I would spend the money, but I wish they had more bounce options/grind options. Another thing to consider is that these wedges are forged and if you play often, you will have to get the loft checked more often than your other irons. Beautiful club.

These just arrived at THP HQ and wanted to put some pictures up of these gorgeous wedges.

i-qKF7BPc-L.jpg

i-JsP5Kwr-L.jpg

i-sHMcFwm-L.jpg

i-7Kmw6S8-L.jpg

i-brjgcTm-L.jpg

i-X25CskN-L.jpg

I really love the somewhat minimalist look to these. I am a Ping guy at heart and I could game these in a hearbeat. Man what a tough time to pick between some awesome wedges these days. :ping:

I would spend the money, but I wish they had more bounce options/grind options. Another thing to consider is that these wedges are forged and if you play often, you will have to get the loft checked more often than your other irons. Beautiful club.

They will do custom grinds for you through their WRX department, I don't know about the bounce options though.

I really love the somewhat minimalist look to these. I am a Ping guy at heart and I could game these in a hearbeat. Man what a tough time to pick between some awesome wedges these days. :ping:
I usually dont care for Pings because of their looks (I find most of their clubs to be very ugly) but I like these wedges.

I love the looks of these wedges, and I love the DG Spinner shaft (thinking about getting my Vokeys reshafted). But I'm not really into Ping wedges, and don't really see too much here that could change that. I'll wait for some reviews to pop up, but these are gonna have a tough times knocking my Vokeys OOTB

Sweet looking wedge, I would consider playing.

does_want_trollcat.jpg

That's a very clean and sleek looking wedge, I like that one alot.

Looks pretty good but i wouldnt pay that price for them, no way in heck.

No, I picked up my wedges for $59 each, and with the "C" grind, which is what I like.

Gotta hand it to Ping, those are stunning. Can't wait to hit them.

Umm yeah....I kind of really like these.
That is all. More coming soon as they hit the course this weekend.

Not sure what to make of this but you have peaked my interest.

Hehehe. I cannot wait to hear more! These are soooooo purdy.

HAHAHAHAAH yup. That is how I feel as well.... good luck with them on the course!

More testing done with these wedges today and the review will be coming up soon.

More testing done with these wedges today and the review will be coming up soon.

Thanks JB cant wait to see it. Really do think these look cool

Awesome! These wedges are sessy and I am for sure pondering them. Cant wait for a review

Great looking wedge, but other forums have shown me new light with regards to wedges, gaps, bounce, grind...I think for the cash, there are some great clubs out there and in my situation...probably needing 2 new wedges, the price tag may be a bit high for me, but I will subscribe to the thread in interest to see how they perform! Thanks in advance!

JB...Define "soon"...:D

OK...Here's my take on these wedges: I am a Ping fan. Loved the looks of these wedges. Bought a 52 and 56 and played around with them and have to say, they did nothing for me that my Tour S wedges weren't already doing. I can't say I am a fan of the DG Spinner shafts on full shots (I hit them WAY high), but liked them ok close to the green. I was actually disappointed in them overall and ended up selling them. I mean they were OK, but not $175 each ok. For the guy that wants a set of wedges to match his Ansers, these will work, but to me there are many lower priced options that are just as good, if not better.

JB...Define "soon"...:D

OK...Here's my take on these wedges: I am a Ping fan. Loved the looks of these wedges. Bought a 52 and 56 and played around with them and have to say, they did nothing for me that my Tour S wedges weren't already doing. I can't say I am a fan of the DG Spinner shafts on full shots (I hit them WAY high), but liked them ok close to the green. I was actually disappointed in them overall and ended up selling them. I mean they were OK, but not $175 each ok. For the guy that wants a set of wedges to match his Ansers, these will work, but to me there are many lower priced options that are just as good, if not better.

In the next couple of days.
Really surprised by the idea that you hit the DG Spinner shafts higher than others. And "WAY" too high as you described it.
Most see a reduction in ball flight based on the shaft.
Check out the THP Interview on the home page with the creator of the DG Spinner right here.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=10556

Yeah me too! The shaft just felt strange to me...Almost "whippy". My Tour S have Project X 6.0's and the ball flight on these Ansers was MUCH higher thus yardage was substantially reduced. For me my 56 is usually perfect at 85 yards. I had trouble hitting the Anser 56 65 yards but I hit it twice as high.

I hope this bad boy ends up in the "deal of the day" thread soon.

Back