Suggestions for new 3 wood

Foreplay

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a 13* Cleveland FL fairway wood with Regular shaft. I hit it very well. Both off the tee and fairway.

But it launches high and lands with no roll out. I am looking for a piercing ball flight to maximize distance. I will be using it primarily off the tee.

Any suggestions? No price limit. Prefer square to slightly open.

R11. I am getting an amazing ball flight with it. It is really long too. Easy to hit off the deck or tee. It is by far the best fairway wood I have hit.

R11. I am getting an amazing ball flight with it. It is really long too. Easy to hit off the deck or tee. It is by far the best fairway wood I have hit.

+1......

Why not try some different shafts first. Thats cheaper than a new club.

I pulled my driver from my bag. Hitting my 3 wood I have 235-240 with no roll. Caught it where it launched lower once and was about 265 off the tee. So I'm thinking of just keeping the high launch model so I get no roll and a piercing model when I want maximum distance with roll.

High with no rollout from a 13*...sounds like the regular flex shaft is spinning too much for you. I'd definitely try a different shaft first especially if you're happy with the Cleveland head.

*Spin em long*

It is definitely spinning high. And the stiff version won't help much. Models in consideration.

F11 ti with voodoo shaft
Speedline LP
Tour Exotic
R11 TP model

All 3+ model

I would agree that you need to try out the Boccieri Heavy Wood. Feom the reviews it sounds amazing.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

If you're hitting yours well just too high, I think you would be better off getting fit for a new shaft. Then when you get your swinged grooved you can use that extra money on a driver that fits.

Mizuno JPX-800. Ive got one and its amazing. Its easy to hit and the ball comes off the face hot.

I have a Nike T60 13* with a tour stiff YS-Power 85 fairway & an R9 TP 13* with the Fubuki 73 stiff. Both hit the ball with mid-high trajectory & plenty of roll out, not to mention long & long. The TP is easier to hit off the deck so it goes to longer courses. It never hurts to have 2 :p

*Spin em long*

Get fitted, or demo as many as possible

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Bad thing is there is not a store near me to demo. No launch monitor. Story of my life.

Bad thing is there is not a store near me to demo. No launch monitor. Story of my life.

That sucks. But i would try a stiff shaft to bring the flight down, o have the 15* in stiff and 90% of the time I get a nice mid piercing flight

R11 is good. So are the TEEs. Both have shallow faces which I like.

Kevin

You could get a stick and tie a rock to the end.....or an R11

That sucks. But i would try a stiff shaft to bring the flight down, o have the 15* in stiff and 90% of the time I get a nice mid piercing flight

I love the Myazaki shaft on this fairway. I'm going to try the stiff shaft model and see what that does. If it lowers my flight path I'll be psyched.

Callaway Diablo Octane Tour. Missile launcher

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I'm missing a fairway wood from my bag. I'd like to pick one up however I've been hitting my Hybrid really well and didn't feel the need for a 3 wood. But the driver has been south as of late so It's time to start looking again!

Back