Maruman Shuttle i4000x Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice review Ryan! Appreciate the honest feedback though and you are right there are tons of options and we all have different needs/wants in the looks, feel, and sounds of the clubs we use.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your current driver that it was being compared to?

There were a couple questions in the review comments that I thought would be easier to address here.

Chunky, here is a picture of the headcover:

DSC01112.jpg

The sound, to me, was very much like the louder Nike drivers from the past. Here is a link to video of the sound.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?23201-Maruman-Shuttle-i4000x-HT-Driver-Preview&p=805925&viewfull=1#post805925

Interesting stuff Hawk!!! Im also not a fan of loud drivers. I get some wicked headaches on the golf course.

Glad to see you had some honest thoughts in there as always.

Nice review Ryan. I just watched your videos on the forum and that is a loud driver. I don’t know if I could handle that out on the course. I do like the looks from address though. Thanks again for a solid review.

Wow, That is a tad loud for my liking. However I do like to bottom of the club. Thanks again for the honest review.

I do want to make clear that this could be a good driver for some folks. I liked that it lowered my spin a bit and when I caught it clean it was a long hitting driver. The main issues I had were the sound/feel, the shaft, and the forgiveness. They just didn't mesh well with my swing.

I do want to make clear that this could be a good driver for some folks. I liked that it lowered my spin a bit and when I caught it clean it was a long hitting driver. The main issues I had were the sound/feel, the shaft, and the forgiveness. They just didn't mesh well with my swing.

Hawk - I left this in the comment thread but wanted to ask here too.

Was the forgiveness better out towards the toe than it was high on the face or where you seeing similar results with both misses?

And I gave you a RT!

Hawk - I left this in the comment thread but wanted to ask here too.

Was the forgiveness better out towards the toe than it was high on the face or where you seeing similar results with both misses?

And I gave you a RT!

Thanks buddy. We love the RT's :)

As for your question, I didn't find it much better out on the toe either.

Thanks buddy. We love the RT's :)

As for your question, I didn't find it much better out on the toe either.

No problem buddy! Very well written article.
That's good to know. My miss is usually out towards the toe. Perhaps that's why I like the Razr Hawk so much

I owned the cobra l4v and got rid of it due to sound. Great review non the less!!

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Great review. Really like the look of it, and I actually like the loud sound, so would be curious to try it out if I get a chance to see how it performs for me.

Ryan - what was the "current" driver in your bag that you used for comparison purposes?

Ryan - what was the "current" driver in your bag that you used for comparison purposes?

I just realized I missed that question. Sorry about that.

R9 SuperTri - 10.5°

The SuperTri launches higher and is more forgiving imo. It does spin a little more. The sound and feel are light years apart imo.

Nice review here Ryan!. I myself don’t love the looks, and need forgiveness without a doubt. But the mid high trajectory is appealing… The overall look of the top isn’t what bothers me though, its more the sole. The top is pretty flashy but I could get over that. The sound too is always a nice feedback indicator, but too loud? Aluminum bat is very easy for my meager mind to understand. I don't like the idea of something that loud.

Nice review. I know this driver would never be for me, but I enjoyed the read nonetheless

Hawk, is this thing as hot off the face as the fwy wood?

Great review and wow that thing is loud! I'm not a huge fan of it's looks and I don't think it's something that would end up in my bag with so many other options out there.

Hawk, is this thing as hot off the face as the fwy wood?

It's tough to say because I never really know what that means. The fairway wood was a very long club when I hit it well. The driver was long too, but just didn't feel hot to me. A good shot went pretty far, but it sort of felt blah. The fairway, however, felt really good if you pured it.

I guess I posted on the old thread, but great job on the review and thanks for the link to the video's.

It's tough to say because I never really know what that means. The fairway wood was a very long club when I hit it well. The driver was long too, but just didn't feel hot to me. A good shot went pretty far, but it sort of felt blah. The fairway, however, felt really good if you pured it.

It means....when you hit the fwy wood it just feels like the ball launches off the face......other than the fact that it was so low profiel I think the 3w was a great club. Thats what I meant. You answered it though....thanks

Admittedly "forgiveness" has become my buzzword lately, and I was really expecting this one to have a little more. I was pleased to see the launch and spin numbers were better than the super-tri though. That one tends to spin a tad much for me. Liked how you wrapped up the review Hawk, very good job dude.

It means....when you hit the fwy wood it just feels like the ball launches off the face......other than the fact that it was so low profiel I think the 3w was a great club. Thats what I meant. You answered it though....thanks

No prob. Hopefully you didn't take that as me sounding sarcastic. I think it's similar to feel in that it's sort of subjective if that makes sense?

No prob. Hopefully you didn't take that as me sounding sarcastic. I think it's similar to feel in that it's sort of subjective if that makes sense?

makes perfect sense buddy!

Back