Style off and on the Links

bigcurly

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you pay more attention to your attire on or off the links?

I play with my younger brother pretty often, off the course he doesn't care what he wears, he dresses in jeans and tee-shirts most days and as a construction worker he wears pretty rough clothes to work. But on the golf course he is totally stylin'. He rocks white pants, sharp shirts, cool hats, and his "golf bling" a fake gold rolex, bracelet and necklace. He says Golf is all about fun, and dressing up is fun. I agree with him, and I try to dress sharp on the course too, but I am a bit of a clothes guy off the greens as well, so for me it's nothing out of character.

I was wondering if my brother is an odd case or if many people put more attention into their golf attire than their everyday wear.

Good Golfing Everyone!

Im a clothes guy on and off. Some would say I like golf shoes too.

Iam right there with your brother cabinet maker dust and sweat dont care what i wear BUT on the course iam stylin like to lookk good i think "IF YOU LOOOK GOOOD YOU FEEL GOOOD... YOU LOOK MARVALOS!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Im a dress down guy off, but I do wear some of my golf polos when not golfing

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I would say both. I love clothes no matter what they are for. Same with shoes. I don't have a lot of golf shoes yet, but I have a ton of other shoes.

I care a lot about what I wear on and off the course...but generally I like to have a bit more "fun" when it comes to links wear.

Always been into fashion and dressing well though since most people dont usually take a 22 year old seriously it doesnt hurt.

I definetly pay more attention to style on the links. Off the links I usually just throw on whatever polo and khaki shorts are on the top of the pile but on the links I try to coordinate colors that contrast each other and wear colors that I likely would never wear off the links.
On the links Id have no problem wear just about any color, even pink, lime green, peach or purple but off the links, I wouldnt be caught dead in those colors.

Depends on the day. On the course I really dig that look that a lot of the young guys on tour are rockin, with the flat brim hats and white belts and whatnot. I'm a basketball player first, so off the course you will often catch me in a t-shirt with basketball shorts and slip on adidas or some jordans/nike running shoes. I will switch that up with some jeans and a v-neck some days too though.

I seem to pay more attention on the course but that has started to translate off the course as well as started buying nicer golf stuff that looks good off the course as well.

I'm in Nomex (FRC's) most of the time because of work. So anything outside of wearing those things are a blessing!

Both without a doubt. I've always been that way for work and golf has recently caught up to my work mentality in the last few years

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

both i am a chick when it comes to clothes. really have upgraded my golf clothes this year after seeing so many nice clothes on the site.

Both I would say, though more off the course. My lack of golf clothing just means that I only have a few things to mix and match. Our office is business casual, so day in and day out I always try and look well put together as well as when I\m at school.

Both. No matter where I am if my shoes don't match my outfit I feel ridiculous. I know that's girly, but oh well. I do what I like, no looking back lol

Comfort is # 1 on or off the course for me.

I am a conservative dresser at the office...business casual is the dress code. I like to dress casually in any other informal setting. ie: shorts/poloshirt/sandals in the summer, jeans or Dockers/turtleneck/casual loafers in cooler weather.....I don't wear sneakers. I have a pair, but will ony wear them if the functional need requires it.

On the course, comfort is still my primary focus and i try not to spend a ton of $$ on clothing. I buy clothing that is appropriate for the links but has body temperature management abilities first. I like to wear my shirt un-tucked so find a fit that is not too long. I suppose you could call this style management but I do not go out of my way to have the latest style or name brand, or make any sort of statement through color. If the colors match within reason and everything fits well and passes course dress codes, I get the things I can find that I dont have to spend a fortune on.

I am both, but I suppose I am more particular about my clothing off the course. I wear suits about 4 days a week, and then when we go out, I have to pay particular attention to my clothing so that it is appropriate for the venue for the evening. A golf course is simply a golf course. So while I like to look nice on the course, there isn't as much thinking involved.

Last edited:
On the course, I'm just fine wrt style. Mostly traditional, but I'll wear some trendy stuff too. I'm pretty fit so (if I don't say so myself) I wear most clothes well.

But it's off the course where I need a style overhaul. I'm always neat but I seem to be stuck in a decade long rut where I wear the same type of stuff. Although I'm not old and still very young at heart (some would say immature as all get-out!), I am nearly 44 and I'd like to start dressing accordingly. Stylish, but mature. Only, I have NO IDEA where to begin with that. Lol...

I try to look good on and off the course. I like clothes and looking right for the part. I'm spilling all this swagger on my little guy as well...hehehe

Kongfrontation

Off of the course during the day it's business casual. Dress shirts and slacks. On the course it's polos and shorts. When I am in the comfort of my own house, its basketball shorts or sweats, and a Under Armor or NikePro tshirt.

More so off the course, but for sure both.

I never really dressed to golf until we were heading for the THP outing this year. I picked up a few Adidas shirts and some nice pants and it's kind of stuck with me since. I now have about 10 adidas and nike golf shirts (that I also wear to work), and about 3 pairs of shorts dedicated to golf. They also give me a nice shirt to wear when the wife and I go out.

Off the course not so much, especially at work , nothing like burnt gear oil from a broken lower unit to make the day stink. Out to dinner or shopping I wear a golf related hat or a nice polo shirt, but on the course I have an Adidas Climacoool, Climalite adiction, almost to the point of I have some shirts that I have only worn maybe once. Even when teeing it up at a local goat ranch course I still have to put on the golf clothing, because if you look good you should play good.

I know what you mean OP, my wardrobe for golf is better than my clothes for everyday use.

I am a shorts/jeans and T-shirt guy no matter what time of the year. However, on the course I like ramping it up a bit and looking sharp.

Never a white belt though...or flat brimming...that's too much for me

As most of my friends refer to me as the Redneck I am almost always in jeans and t-shirt with boots. I even have dress boots for the odd occasion that I have to get in a suit or business casual clothes. Depending on the course or outing I will wear a polo's depending on the course. But I have been known to play in my Red Wing pull-ons and my wranglers :beauty: .

Back