Hey man, thought this might be pertinant.

I'm not piling or anything but you gotta know this is gonna be something people joke about and its not personal. Just thought a reminder was needed.

Dude.

I get made fun of daily for shanking a drive into a condo.
TC was dogged for 6 months putting up a 12 on the Palmer.
We made a verb out of Jake's name.
We call gray pops hookerson
Chunky has endured quite the range of hilarious insults.

We are friends and we are dudes. That's what we do. It doesn't have to be a huge thing.

You're a good guy bud. Just chill and have some fun :)

Posted via Tapatalk

+1 Hawk. CG, I will tell you that I am going to joke on you about slow play. I am also going to tell you that by all accounts, you are a great guy, and because of that, I will tee it up with you any time. Good on you for publicly apologizing to JB. It shows you are a man of charcter who is willing to stand up and say "I made a mistake and I am sorry".

It's just an internet forum. People take this sh_t waaaay too seriously. Frankly, after searching and reading what I think was the thread in question, I don't feel that you were out of line at all. Your post(s) didn't seem that malicious or out of line. Then again, I've been a part of some testosterrific forums in the past, so it's all relative..

Don't sweat it man, there are way more important things in life to worry about.

It's just an internet forum. People take this sh_t waaaay too seriously. Frankly, after searching and reading what I think was the thread in question, I don't feel that you were out of line at all. Your post(s) didn't seem that malicious or out of line. Then again, I've been a part of some testosterrific forums in the past, so it's all relative..

Comments were said on here about something that happened in person. When you start attending get togethers with fellow THP'ers, etc it is more than an internet forum.

Integrity was brough into question based off some trash talk. That wasn't in fun. I'm not trying to bring anything up again.

If you were taller, you would putt better :p

tapatalk: even available for lefties!
Actually you think being as close to the ground as he is, he would putt better.

not sure what happened but the apology says a lot imo. way to own it cg.

Matt,

You have some serious guts. Not only did you apologize, but you posted it in public, and I commend you for that. As for the MC, I wasn't there, so I can't comment, but I did see some of the posts. I know how you feel, man. We've all said some stupid sh*t when we were angry, and at least you owned up. Both sided were at fault here, though. Those guys shouldn't have said what they said, at least how they said it, and you probably should have taken it a little more lightly and not said what you said. I know you're a great golfer, a great THPer, and a great MCer, no matter what anyone says. I'd be happy to golf with you anytime, anyone from THP in fact, providing you ever come visit Michigan (haha yeah right). Nice job with the apology, and keep doing what you're doing on THP, because it's great.

God, how did this thread come back up, Hawks post sums it up best for me, he is wise.

Hey man, thought this might be pertinant.

I'm not piling or anything but you gotta know this is gonna be something people joke about and its not personal. Just thought a reminder was needed.

This is kind of an interesting comment.. Is it NOT personal at this point? The guy doesn't like the trash talk, and he has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to be a part of trash talking in general and admitted to being terrible at it, so why not just leave him be? Sure, he definitely said some things he regrets now and has made clear in this thread, but it'd be awfully hard to argue he wasn't pushed over the edge by the slow comments. Thin skinned or not, he didn't log in to attack people.

I've met and played with Matt on a handful of occasions. He's a great guy with a serious love for the game. If he has a fault, it's how ridiculously hard he is on himself. Bottom line though, he's just not that kind of guy to walk around trash talking people.

If I happen to be missing an ear, is it something that after the upcoming outing I'm going to have to read about all over THP in a "joking" manner? Where does the line draw?

I do get it, I get that you guys are having fun, but he pretty clearly isn't. Some guys like to chirp, and some guys don't. As far as I've seen, Matt isn't that kind of guy. So why not just let him be about it?

God, how did this thread come back up, Hawks post sums it up best for me, he is wise.

I'm with you CB. I was hoping this thread would have just died off by now.

This is kind of an interesting comment.. Is it NOT personal at this point? The guy doesn't like the trash talk, and he has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to be a part of trash talking in general and admitted to being terrible at it, so why not just leave him be? Sure, he definitely said some things he regrets now and has made clear in this thread, but it'd be awfully hard to argue he wasn't pushed over the edge by the slow comments. Thin skinned or not, he didn't log in to attack people.

I've met and played with Matt on a handful of occasions. He's a great guy with a serious love for the game. If he has a fault, it's how ridiculously hard he is on himself. Bottom line though, he's just not that kind of guy to walk around trash talking people.

If I happen to be missing an ear, is it something that after the upcoming outing I'm going to have to read about all over THP in a "joking" manner? Where does the line draw?

I do get it, I get that you guys are having fun, but he pretty clearly isn't. Some guys like to chirp, and some guys don't. As far as I've seen, Matt isn't that kind of guy. So why not just let him be about it?

Like you, I like Matt.I have no issues with him. Had a good time with him at the outing and at the morgan cup. Nobody is disputing that he is a good guy to be around. You said a lot of things about him that are right on. He has a serious passion for golf and probably worked harder on his game than anyone else leading up to the morgan cup.

However, when you say he doesn't like trash talk, maybe he shouldn't have been trash talking for months leading up to TMC. Not everybody was doing trash talking, but Matt was certainly one who was doing a lot of talking. Seems like you should go by the rule that if you can't handle it, don't dish it out. Most of the things that are being said to/about him are in good fun and he should know that by now.

Reactions: JB
However, when you say he doesn't like trash talk, maybe he shouldn't have been trash talking for months leading up to TMC. Not everybody was doing trash talking, but Matt was certainly one who was doing a lot of talking. Seems like you should go by the rule that if you can't handle it, don't dish it out. Most of the things that are being said to/about him are in good fun and he should know that by now.

I can't argue that. I certainly wasn't in the MC thread all day every day, so I didn't see it first hand. But you're definitely right, if you dish it, expect a volley.

Not really an apt analogy here unless slow play is akin to a physical deformity which none of us would have fun with. It was a trash talk event, and like any large group of athletic men , we get on each other, we joke with each other about things we did, mostly about negative things, but its all in good fun. He trash talked in the MC thread, and sure he wasn't good at it, and he clearly doesn't like it, but that was the nature of the beast.

I've played sports my whole life and I really don't think CG has been treated unfairly by anyone that was in that "locker room" we had fun with him about the one thing that bugs us about him, the slow play. I got made fun of for being an idiot and Canadian, and tall, and an idiot. Its all in fun, and how we are all accepted in a group. Want to see a video of me sleeping, cause you can, do I care, of course not, I would have done the same thing if it was the other way.

If you can't take the heat of hanging out with a group of guys, then just don't hang out with a group of guys.

Like you, I like Matt.I have no issues with him. Had a good time with him at the outing and at the morgan cup. Nobody is disputing that he is a good guy to be around. You said a lot of things about him that are right on. He has a serious passion for golf and probably worked harder on his game than anyone else leading up to the morgan cup.

I can't argue that. I certainly wasn't in the MC thread all day every day, so I didn't see it first hand. But you're definitely right, if you dish it, expect a volley.

Dean summed up what I was going to say. I'm not gonna argue. I like Matt and I thought maybe a little bit of advice was needed. I guess this is for anyone in general, if you're gonna talk sh!t expect it back. I don't know what you meant by interesting but it is what it is at this point.

Not really an apt analogy here unless slow play is akin to a physical deformity which none of us would have fun with. It was a trash talk event, and like any large group of athletic men , we get on each other, we joke with each other about things we did, mostly about negative things, but its all in good fun. He trash talked in the MC thread, and sure he wasn't good at it, and he clearly doesn't like it, but that was the nature of the beast.

I've played sports my whole life and I really don't think CG has been treated unfairly by anyone that was in that "locker room" we had fun with him about the one thing that bugs us about him, the slow play. I got made fun of for being an idiot and Canadian, and tall, and an idiot. Its all in fun, and how we are all accepted in a group. Want to see a video of me sleeping, cause you can, do I care, of course not, I would have done the same thing if it was the other way.

If you can't take the heat of hanging out with a group of guys, then just don't hang out with a group of guys.

Well said CB!

Dean summed up what I was going to say. I'm not gonna argue. I like Matt and I thought maybe a little bit of advice was needed. I guess this is for anyone in general, if you're gonna talk sh!t expect it back. I don't know what you meant by interesting but it is what it is at this point.

BOOM!

Guys,

I do agree with all of your points regarding dishing and taking, lockerroom style humour, and hanging with the guys, but one thing is being missed completely. The constant reminder of the slow play, or the constant reminder of you guys saying "CG learn to take it" or "just dont hang out with the guys" are comments that make him a whipping post in itself. I think its best to just let this thread die off.

Great post Thainer.

That's part of why I never posted here until now. The apology was good, and I felt that it should have been the only post in this thread. People come in and congratgulate him for the apology and then others go the other way.

Letting it die. Best idea I've heard. How about we let it.

Guys,

I do agree with all of your points regarding dishing and taking, lockerroom style humour, and hanging with the guys, but one thing is being missed completely. The constant reminder of the slow play, or the constant reminder of you guys saying "CG learn to take it" or "just dont hang out with the guys" are comments that make him a whipping post in itself. I think its best to just let this thread die off.

I agree we need to let this thread die but I am going to have to disagree with what you are saying here. As possibly the most oversensitive person on this planet I didn't think any of the comments said to or about CG were offensive. They were simply jokes, and he was told that over and over again. And I do agree, if you are going to dish it then you need to learn to take it. If it's something that is bothering you then you take it to PM and you tell that person. Everyone was having fun, but if they knew it was hurting someone's feelings I am 100% sure they would have stopped.

Unfortunately, sometimes people get defensive when they are offended rather than going to the source and talking it out. I know because I have done that so many times.

My comments were not exclusive to CG, for clarity... I was actually thinking more in line with the short comments being made to some of the guys, who have taken it quite well. A physical trait. Obviously I don't see a missing ear and a long look at an approach shot as one in the same my good man! haha!

My question was more relevant to the major increase in the smack talk since the MC, more in that it carried right over into the Outing thread. I just wanted to know whether it was a criteria in attending an outing, but as Ddec made pretty clear, it's entirely optional.

Personally I'm pretty offended by everyones comments on my diet habits, esepcially that One-T guy. If this doesn't stop I'm callin GG and telling on you guys.

PS the reason I topped that 3w on the first tee was as I was taking my backswing I was reading the specs on my Proforce V2 and for a moment there I thought it said stiff flex so I tried to slow down. It didn't work.

Personally I'm pretty offended by everyones comments on my diet habits, esepcially that One-T guy. If this doesn't stop I'm callin GG and telling on you guys.

PS the reason I topped that 3w on the first tee was as I was taking my backswing I was reading the specs on my Proforce V2 and for a moment there I thought it said stiff flex so I tried to slow down. It didn't work.

1. Go eat a salad or something
2. The bolded part is freaking hilarious
3. I miss hanging with Quiros

1. Go eat a salad or something
2. The bolded part is freaking hilarious
3. I miss hanging with Quiros

Man I had a frigging blast. Best townhouse ever.

Man I had a frigging blast. Best townhouse ever.

We should just rent a townhouse once a year in florida and have a blast.

Man I feel like I need an apology thread from everyone! CG you are a good dude. Just PM anyone who is on your nerves and tell them to stop. I'm sure they would:clapp:

Back