Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a course called SawMill Creek in Huron Ohio 6700 yards all the par threes were sweet, 197 yards 4 iron to 18 feet small green with 3/4 marsh around right side. two tier green 3-putt whaaa

I had a couple of good shots yesterday both as a result of bad drives. Number five, missed drive left into trees on a dogleg right hole. Ball on downslope hard pan, 145 to pin. I picked it perfectly from the hardpan lie and hit it to 16 inches--made birdie. But that wasn't the best shot, number 18, hooked the ball right on dogleg left hole. Ball is behind a tree, in bermuda rough, 144 to hole into a breeze. I hit the ball then the leaves of the tree on followthrough, the ball started left of the tree and drew around to the green, 10 feet behind the cup--made birdie. It was the tougher shot because of being so close to that tree.

played with my brother and a buddy
i was 30yards short of the green and had to fly a bunker and jar it for a par
called the shot
hit a flopper barely carrying the edge of the bunker
trickled down the hill right into the cup

almost did it twice a few holes later for birdie

142 yards out on a par 4 after my tee shot. 2nd shot has to fly a pond followed by a bunker to a mid green pin position, 9 iron landed 1 foot past the pin and spun back to 1 foot in front of the pin, tapped in for bird.

Coming off of a disappointing front 9 the par 4 10th is a small dogleg left that I've always struggled with. Setup down the right side of the fairway trying to play a draw but safe enough if I hit it straight gave it a nice smooth swing and hit the best tee shot of the day. Ball started out straight on my line and gently started curving left with the fairway, ended up middle left of the fairway with about 140 left to the hole. First time I've really hit the ball the exact way I had invisioned it from the tee.

My approach shot to a par 4 green hit the cart path on a high berm behind the green. Ball bounced maybe 50 feet beyond the berm and maybe 90 feet from the pin. Berm totally hiding the green, and a row of 60 foot pine trees just this side of the berm that I'm looking up at. No way I can get under the trees and over the berm, so I pull my Vokey 60 degree and let fly over the top. My buddies yell, "Wow what a shot". And I climb the berm to see my pitch mark hit 3 feet from the pin and my ball resting 18 inches away.

I didnt have any that blew me away, so I will go with any of the 5 out of 6 that landed in the fairway.

On monday I reached a long par 5 in 2. I was 240 out, and got there with a 3 wood. It hit the front of the green and rolled to the back. about 20 feet for eagle. Missed it, but got the birdie.

Par 4 and my 2nd shot was from short grass luckily. I was within a pw so that's what I used and over shot the pin by a few feet to a small hill on the green. Well it decided to use the hill and roll back and towards the pin. Best shot I had Monday except that I ended up putting for par.

15 foot par putt on aerated greens. About the lone highlight of my round.

Flushed a 5iron from 170 feet onto the green of a par five to within 18 inches and made eagle. Never mind shot of the round - that was the shot of my life! :D

~25 foot putt to save par, quite nice after the pitch onto the green was short & poor after taking relief from a tee shot that found the cart path.

Last edited:
See this. Wut do?
IMG_20110904_092809342x640.jpg

Spoiler
Although I really don't have the shot in my bag, I decided to go with an open-faced 5i and slice it around the trees. It actually worked. Ball went just under that bare branch on the left tree, turned slightly right, bounced up onto the green and finished about 15ft from the hole. I probably couldn't do it again.:bulgy-eyes:
That's what I would do too. I actually HAVE that shot in my bag. I have it on the tee, I have it in the fairway, I have it on my approaches.

I'm aiming at that shorter bush behind the traps.

8ft par putt on aerated greens... hit a hole and turned sharp left into the cup lol

Par 3 - 162 yards - 6 iron to 9 feet. Missed the putt on the stupid aerated bumpy green!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Par 5-over the green in three about 6 inches into the hazzard. Took a gap wedge and blasted onto the back of the green-it ran down hill with about 6 ft of break (approx 50 ft) and stopped 2 inches to the right for a tap in Par.

Got a couple shots I'd like to share from today's round..

First hole: Wedge from 105 into a tight front pin, landed it on the fringe and it rolled JUST by the hole.
9th hole: About a 30 footer for birdie
10th hole: In the 11th fairway, hit a PW from about 135 and the divot was about a foot by the hole, roll out to about 5 feet.
15th hole: Another longish putt for birdie.. Probably 30 feet again.
18th hole: The hardest hole on the course, dropped a 7 iron just by the hole (3 feet) and rolled to about 8 feet.

It was a great day for golf.

That's what I would do too. I actually HAVE that shot in my bag. I have it on the tee, I have it in the fairway, I have it on my approaches.

I'm aiming at that shorter bush behind the traps.

Dude, I'm a risky player, So I would have gone right between those trees that frame the flag with a punched 3 iron

My best shot of the round was a tie.

1.) First hole, 300 yard par 4. Hit my drive to 5 yards.
2.) Uphill right to left par putt on aerated greens on 9. about 10'. Center Cup all day.

BOOYAH

the last hole of the day i hit a great approach shot inside 3ft but above the hole
lousy birdie putt was short but at least it was a tap in par... ill take it on aerated greens

Hit a bunch of great drives today but a 55 foot putt for birdie on 17 put the biggest smile on my face in today's round.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Hit a bunch of great drives today but a 55 foot putt for birdie on 17 put the biggest smile on my face in today's round.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Wow! Awesome job. I made two 20'+ putts today and was so proud. I know you were beaming after making one like that!!!

I also had a 45 footer for birdie on a par three!!

par5 #3 bowcreek missed double eagle by a foot... missed my eagle putt by a rotation... scary birdie tap in hahaha

Two best shots were 15 to 20 breaking putts for par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back