T.P. Mills Anvil Series "Tradition II" Center-Shaft Model - Stainless Steel

How can you sign up for the list?

Heading to the post office in a few minutes Icy, will send a PM when it is shipped.

You should be receiving it on Thursday. PM sent.

Just got it today and it's even more amazing in person, I can't wait to get it to the greens, but in the house I already feel confident with it! The CS is almost a little off from center and also has a bit of offset. I think I'm falling in love! I'll get pics up soon.

Just got it today and it's even more amazing in person, I can't wait to get it to the greens, but in the house I already feel confident with it! The CS is almost a little off from center and also has a bit of offset. I think I'm falling in love! I'll get pics up soon.

Indeed, that was the first CS putter I've ever rolled that had offset, personally, I grew to like it alot!

Roll em well!

It is as solid as any putter on the market and I miss it already, enjoy icy and thank you again Craig for allowing me to enjoy it for a while.

Well as timing would have it, my son was born last week and I didn't get a chance to take this putter to the course, but from it's performance on the carpet it was amazing work of art again my Mills. It's on it's way to it's new temporary home. I think I would have enjoyed it even more if the head was more of a mid mallet size, but the CS is awesome.

Icey, congrats on the birth of your son!

Thank you sir, children are a true blessing. Thank you for the change to try out these amazing putters. They are true works of art that perform beautifully on the course!
Icy,

Congrats on the birth of your son. Nothing better in the world.

Congratulations Icey

5390858500-65043097.jpg

Nothing like a little to put things into perspective...congrats

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Guess what arrived at my house today. Here's a hint, it was delivered by USPS, not the stork :D. The box looked a little weary, but the contents were safe and sound. Here's a few more pics...

TPMIlls020.jpg

TPMIlls021.jpg

TPMIlls022.jpg

TPMIlls023.jpg

TPMIlls025.jpg

TPMIlls028.jpg

TPMIlls029.jpg

TPMIlls032.jpg
[/IMG]

The pictures don't hardly do it justice as in person it is clear this thing is a work of art. I will be gaming it against my Odyssey White Hot XG #8 and reporting on my findings. My Odyssey is a center shafted mallet which isn't very well known, so here's a couple of pictures of it...

SNC00199.jpg

SNC00200.jpg

Initial thoughts on the indoor putting strip are that it's very true and imparts a lot of top spin. I think the putt will be short and somehow it just keeps on rolling to the hole. The weight is very nice and the grip is live velvet (the Mrs. doesn't care for the putter, but she LOVES that grip). It will be interesting to see how hard a transition this is as I haven't gamed a putter without an insert in nearly 10 years. Thank you to T.P. Mills for the opportunity to test out such a beautiful piece of equipment!!! Let the experiments begin!

First, let me say thank you again to T.P. Mills for their support of the site and these opportunities to test their beautiful putters that they have so graciously provided to members here. I am honored to be a part of the process. So, in the past 5 days, I have taken this putter to the practice green, played a round with it and putted incessantly on my indoor putting mat. My wife has tested it as well as a couple friends. I have compared it to my putter shown above, but comparisons among putters are hard. I have to say that the craftsmanship of this implement is something to behold and everyone I show it to is immediately impressed by its design and its heft. From the cover on down, it is truly a thing of beauty.

I must admit I have struggled with this putter. Having used a putter with an insert in the face for 8 or more years now, the adjustment to a strictly metal face was a hard one for me. No matter what putter I'm using I struggle to hit the same spot on the face with every stroke and the variations in distance kills my putting. I was curious if a non-insert putter would mean a wider "sweet spot" and maybe more forgiveness, but in my un-scientific experiments that hasn't been the case. Probably due to the difference in face material I find myself leaving a lot of putts short with the TRAD II. Friends however, did not have this problem.

The grip is magnificent; soft, velvety feel with just the right amount of roundness on the back and flat front for thumb placement. Everyone who touched it loved the grip!

I was happy when this putter came to see it was a center shaft as that's what I use now, but I found the way the shaft intersects with the head to be disconcerting for me. Hopefully from the pictures above, you can see what I mean when I say that on my current putter the shaft intersects the head just behind the face, but with the TRAD II and the off-set designed into it, the shaft is out in front of the face. While it shouldn't matter and it would take a really bad stroke to do this, I found myself worrying about hitting the ball with the hosel. As you can see, the aim line, and therefore I presume, the sweet spot is right next to this intersection, so it gave me the sensation that it was 'in the way'.

Overall, I love the looks of this club and the weight is wonderful (love me a heavy putter), but I struggled with it for the reasons given. I feel bad writing anything negative when someone gives me this kind of opportunity, but we all know THP is all about honest equipment feedback and that's what I've tried to do. I will say, that I don't think any of my comments mean there's anything "wrong" with this putter; quite the contrary, I'm sure it would be perfect for many others.

Thank you again T.P. Mills and if anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Well I got home from the course today to find a nice box on my front porch today. Opened it up and sure enough a beautiful putter from T.P. Mills was inside. I of course spent the next 20 minutes putting in my living room. I was dying to get it out but the weather didn't cooperate, even thought about taking it to play putt putt tonight. I am going to play again in the morning so it will see its first use. I will take it and my current Never Compromise with me to compare. I'm sure it'll be a big transition going from an insert full mallet to a milled blade, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go. The putter feels great. I think I'm really going to like it.

First, let me say thank you again to T.P. Mills for their support of the site and these opportunities to test their beautiful putters that they have so graciously provided to members here. I am honored to be a part of the process. So, in the past 5 days, I have taken this putter to the practice green, played a round with it and putted incessantly on my indoor putting mat. My wife has tested it as well as a couple friends. I have compared it to my putter shown above, but comparisons among putters are hard. I have to say that the craftsmanship of this implement is something to behold and everyone I show it to is immediately impressed by its design and its heft. From the cover on down, it is truly a thing of beauty.

I must admit I have struggled with this putter. Having used a putter with an insert in the face for 8 or more years now, the adjustment to a strictly metal face was a hard one for me. No matter what putter I'm using I struggle to hit the same spot on the face with every stroke and the variations in distance kills my putting. I was curious if a non-insert putter would mean a wider "sweet spot" and maybe more forgiveness, but in my un-scientific experiments that hasn't been the case. Probably due to the difference in face material I find myself leaving a lot of putts short with the TRAD II. Friends however, did not have this problem.

The grip is magnificent; soft, velvety feel with just the right amount of roundness on the back and flat front for thumb placement. Everyone who touched it loved the grip!

I was happy when this putter came to see it was a center shaft as that's what I use now, but I found the way the shaft intersects with the head to be disconcerting for me. Hopefully from the pictures above, you can see what I mean when I say that on my current putter the shaft intersects the head just behind the face, but with the TRAD II and the off-set designed into it, the shaft is out in front of the face. While it shouldn't matter and it would take a really bad stroke to do this, I found myself worrying about hitting the ball with the hosel. As you can see, the aim line, and therefore I presume, the sweet spot is right next to this intersection, so it gave me the sensation that it was 'in the way'.

Overall, I love the looks of this club and the weight is wonderful (love me a heavy putter), but I struggled with it for the reasons given. I feel bad writing anything negative when someone gives me this kind of opportunity, but we all know THP is all about honest equipment feedback and that's what I've tried to do. I will say, that I don't think any of my comments mean there's anything "wrong" with this putter; quite the contrary, I'm sure it would be perfect for many others.

Thank you again T.P. Mills and if anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Like the candor Flood, looks are huge in the golf game. If something isn't pleasing to the eye then it can become a mental hinderance.
The putter looks great from your pics. I can't wait to roll some some putts with it when it arrives. I really enjoy a good milled face.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Weather didn't cooperate on sunday. Got out this afternoon to try to get a round in, only ended up getting in 7 holes before the rain set in. Didn't get in a whole lot of holes but wow what a first impression. I expected to struggle due to it being 100% different than my current putter, a heel shafted full mallet with an insert. This was not the case at all. In just 7 holes I drained a 12 footer, 15 footer, and a 25 footer. I did have 1 three putt due to completely misshitting my makeable 2nd putt, but other than that I was just lights out with the flatstick. After sinking the 25 footer, I asked if anyone had $400 to loan me. I don't expect to continue to see these kind of results in the future, but I am hoping my putting game will continue to be better than average with the putter. I may be shopping for a new stick if this is the case. I will update when I have a few more rounds with the putter.

Weather didn't cooperate on sunday. Got out this afternoon to try to get a round in, only ended up getting in 7 holes before the rain set in. Didn't get in a whole lot of holes but wow what a first impression. I expected to struggle due to it being 100% different than my current putter, a heel shafted full mallet with an insert. This was not the case at all. In just 7 holes I drained a 12 footer, 15 footer, and a 25 footer. I did have 1 three putt due to completely misshitting my makeable 2nd putt, but other than that I was just lights out with the flatstick. After sinking the 25 footer, I asked if anyone had $400 to loan me. I don't expect to continue to see these kind of results in the future, but I am hoping my putting game will continue to be better than average with the putter. I may be shopping for a new stick if this is the case. I will update when I have a few more rounds with the putter.

Just get out early Saturday before the football games.

Or bring your smart phone and watch the games on the phone while playing your round :D

Unfortunately I won't be watching football or playing saturday, I work this weekend.

I did get to play yesterday. Played on a new course that had greens that were VERY quick. I really struggled all day with touch. It seemed I was either leaving them short or knocking them 10 feet past the hole. I'm not sure how much of this to attribute to being unfamiliar with the greens, and how much was being unfamiliar with the putter, probably a mix of both. The greens were not breaking like I expected, so basically I struggled with putting all day. That being said, I hit every ball right on line. My accuracy with this putter is phenomenal. I am seeing very few putt stray off line. I have always used a heel shafted putter, mainly because I like the look of it, but this test has really opened my eyes to a center shafted putter.

I'm really liking this putter, it will be interesting to see if I am able to get my touch back when I get back out on a course I am familiar with. I am really liking this putter. I love the look of it at address, and it is just a beautiful putter all around, including the cover, which looks great. It has a nice sound and feel to it, completely different than the putter I've been playing with.

I'll put in a full review after a couple more rounds.

It's been the same story here, rain, rain and more rain. I did however manage to sneak in 13 holes yesterday, and another 18 today. I took off this whole week, so I am hoping to play again tomorrow. Then I am going to the THP outing on saturday. I figure it'll be time to pass it on after that.

I continue to love this putter. I haven't been able to recreate my first round with the putter (when it gained the nickname the magic putter), but I have continued to putt well with it. I just have so much confidence when standing over balls, I know that if I pick the right line and get the ball to the hole it's going to fall. My stroke has become much more consistent, I'm guessing due to the center shaft. I love the look of a black butter, but it is a great looking putter still. The feel is just perfect.

I am struggling a little more with distance than usual. I might carry both putters again tomorrow to see if it has more to do with the wet greens versus the difference in putters. I seem to leave alot of long putts 5 feet short, or 10 feet long. Has been frustrating because my line will be money but I will lip them out or leave them short. Whereas I normally struggle with getting the ball on line, but end up very close because my touch is right now.

I will throw up a full review this weekend, probably Sunday. I once again want to Thank T.P. Mills for this great oppurtunity. I have really enjoyed demoing the putter.

By a stroke of luck, I played a round with Wakerider this past weekend and was able to hit some putts with this Tradition II. All I can say is "WOW"!

It sets up beautifully to my eye, and the lie angle and weighting really allow me to make a nice smooth straightish back/thru stroke. Best of all, I really loved the sound/feel. It is a solid but plush clicky/thump - I really don't know how to describe it other than to say it is satisfying. I own a Cameron of similar style, and this blows it away in every category. Well done!

For fun, at the end of the round we hit a 30 yard putt with about 4 breaks. I went first and left it 3 feet away - I could not have asked for a better result with 100 more putts!

Sadly, my time with this beautiful putter has come to an end. I will be shipping it to NickPergande tomorrow. I was overall very pleased with the putter. Here are my final thoughts.

Looks: Great looking putter. The milling on it is second to none, I have been scared away from c/s putters in the past, but this putter does not have the same odd looks as many of the mallets do. I would love to see this putter in black, I have a feeling it would be flat out beautiful. This putter is very pleasing to the eye at address. The simple blue line works well for aligning putts. Overall the putter looks much better than my current gamer.

Feel/Sound: Awesome, it has a nice deep sound on impact, and is very smooth feeling. I'm not great at describing sound, but overall it is very satisfying. Everyone who played with me felt the same way, sounds great.

Performance: I put the ball on line better with this putter than any other I used. I very seldomly saw the ball jump off the line I chose. I still was resposible for the chosen line and the touch on the putt, but I rarely missed due to a poor putt. On the practice green, after getting a line dialed in, I felt like Stockton, just sinking putt after putt.

Touch: On my home greens, I was deadly with this putter. I put up some of the best putting numbers I've ever had with this putter at the courses I normally play. I seemed to sink putt after putt, and the ones I missed were easy two putts, because I absolutely had the distances dialed in and would leave it within a couple feet. This all changed when I played a couple nicer courses with faster greens. I could not get the distances dialed in with this putter. When I switched back to my normal putter, I didn't struggle quite as much with speed, but more so with accuracy. I'm sure this problem would be solved pretty quickly with some practice on fast greens.

Overall Impression: Solid Solid putter. I was pleased with this putter in every area. I expected to struggle with this putter since it is different from my current gamer in virtually every way. As I said, I did struggle with speed on fast greens, but outside of that I excelled with this putter. If I set out to purchase putter today, this would immediately be at the top of my list. If I was not relatively happy with my putter, and had the money to run out and drop 3 bills on a putter today. I would probably be shipping this one to the next guy and asking Craig to ship me brand new one. It is still very possible this putter could make it into my bag again in the near future. The only way I think I could improve on this putter is if it was black. I have really gotten used to using a black putter. That is obviously very much personal preference. It is still a great looking putter in SS.

Back