Ping G20 Hybrid Review Thread

It's all a matter of opinion. I sure don't mind the HB3's, but you obviously wouldn't like them either. But you don't want to test those, right? hehehe :eyepoke:

I was talking looks only. :laughing:
I sure would give Hi-Bores a swing!

I took this one to the range today and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. If you liked the G15, you will definitely like these. I prefer the look at address to this model though.

how'd the ball come off the face? was it 'hot' feeling like the Mashie can be or more muted ?

I took this one to the range today and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. If you liked the G15, you will definitely like these. I prefer the look at address to this model though.

how'd the ball come off the face? was it 'hot' feeling like the Mashie can be or more muted ?

I would say maybe somewhere in between. Definitely more G15 feeling than Mashie feeling. A nice crack at impact and a nice, high ball flight. I was not expecting to like it that much, but came away pretty impressed.

I would say maybe somewhere in between. Definitely more G15 feeling than Mashie feeling. A nice crack at impact and a nice, high ball flight. I was not expecting to like it that much, but came away pretty impressed.

Interesting, I picked this hybrid up at GolfTown yesterday and just based off looks I would not have picked it up again. I will have to give it a swing now.

Glad to hear it was a good session. Were you seeing the "straight" claims that they make or seeing a natural fade/draw?

If you kind of unfocus your eyes and ignore the black part, you can make it look like an iron!

On a serious note, I have the original Taylormade Rescue hybrid in my bag (the orange one), it looks incredibly similar to this G20 Hybrid. However it is orange and has an alignment arrow on the top. Might take a few swings with the G20 when I'm in golftown again.

I swear I just saw Matt Kuchar hitting one of these. Could that be right?

Definitely a ping, I've got it paused on dvr. Can't make out a number though.

--
tapatalk

I swear I just saw Matt Kuchar hitting one of these. Could that be right?

haha I saw the same swing finish on tv buddy and I think you are right!

It sounded freaking awesome! Did you guys hear the sound of it?

just saw this thread at the top... That's an interesting looking hybrid... looks like the shape is out of balance, but the satin finish on the face is nice, and it does look a bit better than the rest of the g20 stuff.

It sounded freaking awesome! Did you guys hear the sound of it?

Yea it did. When he was posing after the hit I was saying whattttttt! Thanks for confirming my old man vision. LOL

Not a G20 sole doesn't match the pic JB posted earlier. Looks more rapture like, not as small as most ping hybrids.

The white ozik shaft is B.A.

--
tapatalk

Yea it did. When he was posing after the hit I was saying whattttttt! Thanks for confirming my old man vision. LOL

CLearly you have not had a Miller Lite today :D

Not a G20 sole doesn't match the pic JB posted earlier. Looks more rapture like, not as small as most ping hybrids.

The white ozik shaft is B.A.

--
tapatalk

Maybe it's a Bstone hybrid? or a TourStage?

Maybe it's a Bstone hybrid? or a TourStage?

Nah it was a ping, I can read that on the club.

Where's cookie and his Google image searching skills when we need him.

aefe8265-a245-c996.jpg

--
tapatalk

Nah it was a ping, I can read that on the club.

Where's cookie and his Google image searching skills when we need him.

--
tapatalk

lol, no kidding. It has to be the G20 bro. Maybe it's the Tour version or something. Either way, he hit it great and it sounded wicked.

I got fitted for the full line of G20's a couple days ago, although I don't think I got fitted properly. I was only made to try one shaft on the driver, wood, hybrid, as well as 2 shafts on the irons. Coincidentally all the clubs I got fitted for (including hybrid) were stock shafts. This was done by a ping tour van fitter. Is there something wrong here? I was willing to pay extra for premium shafts but the fitter said the stock shafts are what fit me. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, as I need to know if I should get fitted again or not. I have not received my clubs, will receive them in 2 weeks. My distances were great though, hitting the 7 iron 165-170 yards, and I am only 5 foot 6 at 130 pounds. So it might be good, but opinions are appreciated once again. Please and thankyou

Pings have never been about looks. Pings are all about function.

I personally own the Ping k15 hybrids and I absolutely love them. The G20 and K15 hybrids are perfect for golfers who love to hit irons. They are not a wood like head.

Rock On.

Grinder

Going to go hit one tomorrow along with the i20. If all's well I'll order one up. I have been really close to pulling the trigger on the G15 several times. Point and shoot.

Ping G20 it is. Knuckleheads at the store didn't understand what I wanted. I even wrote it down so they could tell the Ping rep what I wanted on the phone. Stood there and watched him completely ignore me. Said it would be 5 weeks for the hybrid shaft and the "tour loft" (what the heck is he talking about I thought) was no problem. I don't want the hybrid shaft, want the iron shaft, and 21* not 20*. Asked me why I wanted the lie different....I just wanted to check it. Anyway, will go somewhere else tomorrow. All he had to do was take my order, not try to outsmart me.

I much preferred the look and feel of the G20 over the i20. The i20 is dead sexy, but the G20 looks great to my eye and I kept hitting the same spot in the net over and over. Pretty easy choice.

Ping G20 it is. Knuckleheads at the store didn't understand what I wanted. I even wrote it down so they could tell the Ping rep what I wanted on the phone. Stood there and watched him completely ignore me. Said it would be 5 weeks for the hybrid shaft and the "tour loft" (what the heck is he talking about I thought) was no problem. I don't want the hybrid shaft, want the iron shaft, and 21* not 20*. Asked me why I wanted the lie different....I just wanted to check it. Anyway, will go somewhere else tomorrow. All he had to do was take my order, not try to outsmart me.

I much preferred the look and feel of the G20 over the i20. The i20 is dead sexy, but the G20 looks great to my eye and I kept hitting the same spot in the net over and over. Pretty easy choice.

To be fair, 20 is the stock loft so they're either quoting you the time it'll take for them to take a head and bend it or the digital lofting service is backed up.
Plus they probably thought the hybrid shaft as well.

Tell them you want a 20 digitally lofted to 21 instead. It'll cost $8 to get it done but will at least be done right.

Using them is cheating golf and I love it.

Got to finally hit one of these at the local Ping demo day. Didn't care for the look of the G20 at address, had a bit too much offset for me. But the performance was good, I was getting about 200 carry with the 5 iron replacement. It felt really good and was getting some good results, but compared to the i20 at address I just couldn't get comfortable with it.

Back