iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

My new and improved Blue iCaddi showed up in the mail today.
I will be taking it to the course tomorrow morning and should have a review tomorrow afternoon.
I can already say that I do like the blue color. I have the original towel in black(which I like).
The folding directions show up much better in the light blue towel.
More to come.....

My new and improved Blue iCaddi showed up in the mail today.
I will be taking it to the course tomorrow morning and should have a review tomorrow afternoon.
I can already say that I do like the blue color. I have the original towel in black(which I like).
The folding directions show up much better in the light blue towel.
More to come.....

Cant wait to hear what you think dude. Do you think it feels similar to the old one? I like the smaller size, but didnt see any performance gains I have some pictures a couple pages back after the range today

Today before class I went to the driving range for a quick session so that I could compare the old and new iCaddis and see if the new one performed better than the old one. I left the towels at home after soaking them so that I could simulate how the towel would clean after 5-6 holes on the course. Here are some initial thoughts about the new towel along with some pictures and stuff.

Looks: A. This towel looks so much better than the brown one in every way. The color really pops and it looks good on my bag.

Size: A+. The size is even better than the other one. I am a fan of bigger towels, but this one is just a bit smaller than the old iCaddi and it suits my eye really well.

Wet Course Conditions: A. I had to rate this lower than the original for the simple fact that it doesnt clean any better than the original IMO. It is still early in my testing, but thus far I have found it to perform the exact same as the old one.

Wetness?: A. The same as the old one. Stays wet after soaking it.

Ease of clean: B+. This towel is pretty easy to clean. You just open it up, put a little soap on it and scrub. This is rated a little lower than the original for the simple fact that the blue shows a lot more dirt after being cleaned than the brown one does.

Clip: B-. I dont like the clip at all. The lanyard doesn't suit my eye or give me confidence the towel will stay on so I switched to a carabiner after a few round and that works much better for me.

So far I am thinking it is about the same towel just a bit smaller and looks better. If that is the case I will have no problems with it because I love the original. I will be using the new one basically exclusively now and may let a buddy use the original iCaddi to see what he thinks. Thanks again to Vatten Inc for sending us the new one to test and I really think you guys have a winner with this.

Thoughts on the original iCaddi for reference.
Spoiler
Looks: B+. I am not a huge fan of the looks of this towel. It isn't terrible, and I think if I had a different color I may think differently, but the brown doesn't suit my eye too much. I like the Gray one that MikeF has and think I would rate it higher if that color was on my bag.

Size: A. I like a bigger towel. I clip it on my cart bag and it doesnt drag on the ground. I think the size is perfect and it gives a lot of room to clean the club off with.

Wet course conditions: A++ I have had a decent amount of experience with the wet weather lately and this towel really shines. I have a steep swing and tend to take big divots and so sometimes my clubs have a lot of dirt/grass, and this dirt turns to mud when it is wet, but 99% of the time the iCaddi gets the club cleaned and only once in a blue moon do I have to worry about grabbing the brushpro to clean the grooves.

Dry course conditions: A. This towel does the job really well here as well. If the course is dry you can leave your groove cleaner at home because the iCaddi will clean your clubs off perfectly without it.

Wetness?: A. After reading the advice on soaking the towel before the round I have found it easily holds up on 18 holes for me. At first I was having to rewet it about 10-12 holes in, but now it lasts 18 and is still wet at the end of the round.

Ease of clean: A-. This towel is pretty easy to clean. You just open it up, put a little soap on it and scrub and it looks virtually brand new. I wish you could throw it in the washing machine, but the work isnt such that it feels like a pain to clean it after a round. I have found it is much easier to clean it right after a round then to wait a couple of days, and thats what I would reccomend.

Durability- A. This towel has shown no signs of wear and tear. I have taken it to the range 20+ times and played over 100 holes of golf with it and after cleaning it still looks virtually brand new.

Clip: B-. I dont like the clip at all. The lanyard doesn't suit my eye or give me confidence the towel will stay on so I switched to a carabiner after a few round and that works much better for me.

Now for some pictures and a video

Spoiler
THP011.jpg

picture of the two clubs I cleaned

Spoiler
THP011.jpg

another picture of the dirty clubs

Spoiler
THP013.jpg

two iCaddis side by side

Spoiler
THP015.jpg

club cleaned with the old iCaddi towel.

Spoiler
THP016.jpg

Club that was used on the new iCaddi. Not any cleaner than the old one IMO

Spoiler
THP017.jpg

old iCaddi towel and how it looked after cleaning clubs today

Spoiler
THP020.jpg

after washing the old towel this is how it looks

Spoiler
THP018.jpg

new iCaddi after cleaning clubs

Spoiler
THP019.jpg

new iCaddi after washing

TH that is a heck of a review man. I'm honestly blown away by this. Fantastic job. I like the blue

TH that is a heck of a review man. I'm honestly blown away by this. Fantastic job. I like the blue

Agreed, Chunky that was a great review, this towel has be intrigued to say the least.

Agreed, Chunky that was a great review, this towel has be intrigued to say the least.

CB, it really does work well. Im sure you dont have a ton of golf season left, but next season I would buy one for sure. It makes cleaning your clubs on the course so much easier. Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it.

Jealous that mine hasn't come yet but that was a great review by TH. Can't wait to test mine when it gets here.

Just got home from a quick nine, and my iCaddi did not get too much of a workout. It did work just as well cleaning the wedges I used out of a couple bunkers, and after a few wedge shots. I would almost say it worked a little bit better. I used just as much water in it as I typically have with the original version, but this one seemed to hold the moisture better. I dod not know if they changed any part of the towel, but that was the perception.

great review guys thank you again, yea we didnt change the looks or the shape of the towel. If you see the 2 towels from looks point of view its only 4 1/2 inches shorter then the original version and a little bit more compact because it has less fabric.
what we tried to do with this version was improve quality on the fabric as you can compare the 2 towels 1st towel is less softer and less furry then the 2nd towel (blue one). this helps the towel hold more mositure then the original version and the soft furry microfiber helps get into the groove better then the original one from my personal testing results.
over couple uses of the 2nd towel youll notice it cleans better and softer fabric gives you better grip on the clubs and balls. if you have any questions let me know and im looking forward to hearing more reviews from our testers thank you once again.

hey GD from NC i do not know your id so im writing this for you, for your request ill be working on it for you but for now please test out this 2nd version and see if you would still need one, if so email me and ill send you one when i'm finished with it just letting you know i didnt forget. lol haha looking forward to hear more reviews thanks

great review guys thank you again, yea we didnt change the looks or the shape of the towel. If you see the 2 towels from looks point of view its only 4 1/2 inches shorter then the original version and a little bit more compact because it has less fabric.
what we tried to do with this version was improve quality on the fabric as you can compare the 2 towels 1st towel is less softer and less furry then the 2nd towel (blue one). this helps the towel hold more mositure then the original version and the soft furry microfiber helps get into the groove better then the original one from my personal testing results.
over couple uses of the 2nd towel youll notice it cleans better and softer fabric gives you better grip on the clubs and balls. if you have any questions let me know and im looking forward to hearing more reviews from our testers thank you once again.

Thanks for this mikey. I will be going to the range tommorow and testing this towel again. While I didnt notice a better performance with the new one it was my first trial with it. I will have more pictures and feedback tomorrow. Thanks again for this awesome towel dude

hey GD from NC i do not know your id so im writing this for you, for your request ill be working on it for you but for now please test out this 2nd version and see if you would still need one, if so email me and ill send you one when i'm finished with it just letting you know i didnt forget. lol haha looking forward to hear more reviews thanks

Hey Mikey,

Thanks for working on that for me. I just wanted to see if a small version of the wet pocket part of the towel would be good for taking to the green. It might be a new product for you and it might not. Thanks for the help. Grant AKA DMB

mikeyshin: briefly looked on the Vatten website but did not see this yet. Any idea when the newer version of the towel will be available for purchase along with cost and where to order from? Thanks!

Test Date: 9/15/2011
Weather: Nice overcast day. 85* temp. The course was really dry and hard.

I made it out with the new Blue iCaddie towel yesterday. Again my overall first impressions of comparing the two towels side by side, is that they are not different except some fabric is cut off to make it more compact. I do personally like the shorter version and feel like it gets the job done like the longer version. I think it hangs off the bag a little better and doesn't seem to be as cumbersome than the other version. The Blue color does clash with my Red golf bag, but I am getting a blue and white cart bag next month. I think it will match up with it better. I can get over it for now and testing sake. HAHA

Looks: As I said before it does have a more compact look to it and does not get in the way as much. Since I was the driver on my cart yesterday, I ran the cart strap through the lanyard. This made it hang on the left side of the cart so I could get to it easier. I should have taken a picture, but didn't think about it till now.

Feel: If you would put a blind fold on my and ask me to tell you which one was the new or the old. I would have a hard time telling the difference. Even thought Mike from the company says they are different. I am having a hard time telling the difference by touch. I will see if it gets in the grooves any different like he said.

Performance: It was a dry day on the course, so I was really hard to tell if how it would preform on really muddy clubs. I did hit out of the sand once and it did a awesome job getting the sand out of the grooves. The only other dirt or grass that was on the clubs through out the day was on the club faces. This came off very easily and I was ready to go with a fresh club. It did a great job getting in to the grooves and cleaning them out on this type of use. One use I really love about having the iCaddie towel for is cleaning my balls after each hole. I enjoy having a fresh ball heading out to the next tee. This is the reason I would like to have a small version to take to the green with me.

Overall thoughts: I think over all I still love this towel. It does a great job and cleans my clubs great. I think that if it was a really wet day on the course, I would have to use a brush to get the grooves really clean. That does not bother me at all and I have always carried one with me. I still can not tell a difference, other than size, between the two towels. Mike said it should do better over time, so I will see with continued testing. I hope to get out to the range this weekend. I think it suppose to rain today and tomorrow. This should give me some good wet conditions to test the towel in. I plan on adding some pictures and maybe a video for your viewing pleasure. Thanks for reading, I'm out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, dmb. I am like you in that I prefer a brush for groove cleaning anyway. I'm just looking for a towel to clean the surface. It's just more effective for me to use both.

Thanks for the update, dmb. I am like you in that I prefer a brush for groove cleaning anyway. I'm just looking for a towel to clean the surface. It's just more effective for me to use both.

I think for what I want out of a towel, this thing does the job. I don't mind carrying a brush on the bag for really dirty clubs. I really like this towel and I hope they get it on the market soon. I know there are a few THPers that would order it today.

I appreciate that some towels can clean grooves, but I can do it quick and better with a brush any day.

The towel looks a bit cumbersome. Would anyone mind taking some pics of the new towel actually on their bag? I've seen tons of pics of dirty clubs, then cleaned clubs, but I want to see pics of the towel on the bag, on the cart. Thanks

The towel looks a bit cumbersome. Would anyone mind taking some pics of the new towel actually on their bag? I've seen tons of pics of dirty clubs, then cleaned clubs, but I want to see pics of the towel on the bag, on the cart. Thanks

I will do that when I get home today. I forgot to take the camera to the course yesterday. BAD TESTER!

I will do that when I get home today. I forgot to take the camera to the course yesterday. BAD TESTER!

Thanks dude! It looks massive and impractical on a golf bag, but I could be wrong.

Thanks dude! It looks massive and impractical on a golf bag, but I could be wrong.

It is not really that bad, but your bag might be smaller than mine! :alien:

On the cart it's not bad at all but when it's a stand bag on the ground it touches on the ground. Here is the original one for DMB to compare to when he takes the picture of the new version, this is when the strap itself is knotted so that it doesn't touch the ground..

751C4168-orig.jpg

mikeyshin: briefly looked on the Vatten website but did not see this yet. Any idea when the newer version of the towel will be available for purchase along with cost and where to order from? Thanks!

im trying my best to get the website up and running, we recently updated our server and our merchant people are running tests currently on our site, so were just waiting on that. i will update you when the website is up but if you cant wait i you can shoot me an email and i can do a manual transaction for you. thank you for your interest in purchasing icaddi.

Here are 2 shots of the towels on my bag as I was just heading out for a round this morning. You can see how much different in size they are.
As far as difference in texture of the 2...I see and feel a very big difference in them. The blue one has a fuzzier finish as well as being quite a bit softer as well.
I found it to get into the club grooves a little better for a more complete cleaning of the club. It was a cooler morning than we have been having, so the towel didn't even begin to dry out.
Overall, the new towel works a little better than the original and a brush may still need to be used occasionally to get the stubborn stuff out of the grooves. I'm playing again tomorrow, so they both will get more use in the morning. I may even be playing on Sunday as well, if the weather holds, but it's not looking too good right now.

The original

iCaddi-Black.jpg

The new an improved Blue iCaddi

iCaddi-Blue.jpg

Like I said in an earlier post, I really like the blue, but I think the black is more color coordinated with my bag. I never would have thought that I would be concerned about the color of a golf towel, but since I became a THP member, I have become more conscious of my overall appearance on the course....including my bag. For that, my wife thanks THP....and so do I.

Mikeyshin....I think you've got a winner on your hands.

Thanks again to Hydro Effects and THP for this opportunity.

Here are some on the bag comparison pictures.
IMG_9457.jpg

The 2.0 towel folded in the longer style.
IMG_9458.jpg

The 2.0 towel folded in the compact style. I think it does a great job cleaning clubs in either folding method.
IMG_9459.jpg

The 1.0 towel folded in the longer style. This style of fold with a stand back tends to get dirty.
IMG_9460.jpg

The 1.0 towel folded in the compact style. It really does not hang down that low this way.
IMG_9462.jpg

This is a comparison of the two versions of towels in their longer styles on top of each other. You can see how much longer the 1.0 towel is compared to the 2.0 towel.
IMG_9461.jpg

This is a comparison of the two versions of towels in the compact folding style. There really is not much of a difference between the two when you fold them this way.

I think the 2.0 towel is a lot better if you are going to let it hang down. If you are going to go with the compact folding style, I like the 1.0 towel. It gives you more room to dry the clubs off after cleaning the. So each towel has its perks and downfalls. I think if it is possible, I would offer both towels and let the buyer decide which way they want to use it.

Thanks for the pics guys, it really isn't as big as I thought it might be.

Nice Tacoma Grant!

Back