TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

It will take some getting used to but it shouldn't be that difficult.

Fun unboxing and first range session vids, Tadashi! Hope you get used to the lighter weight soon.

Freddie Fingers-

that was excellent start bro. I enjoyed the vids a lot. I like your explanation of things.

Nice videos Tadashi! Keep up the good work

Great stuff Tadashi! I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy them.

Thanks the support guys! Remember it ain't work if it's this much fun! And based in the first day this is going to be a blast!

Kongfrontation

That was awesome! I really enjoyed the thoughts to be quite honest. I like the feedback from each shot that was awesome

Thanks for the thoughts tadashi. I'm very interested in following along with your thoughts of adjusting to the lighter weight as that is pretty much exactly what the biggest changes are going to be for me. Do you find that you just get quicker in your transition or what?

Great start to the thread Tadashi. Love the vids. You have a great swing too. How is the lighter shaft treating you?

Thanks for the thoughts tadashi. I'm very interested in following along with your thoughts of adjusting to the lighter weight as that is pretty much exactly what the biggest changes are going to be for me. Do you find that you just get quicker in your transition or what?

That is exactly what I feel. I'd take the club back and found on my miss hits I was way out in front of it because I didn't wait on the club. I has to adjust my timing a bit in order to stay down and through. That being said I can adjust, it really is a fraction of a second in my transition.
I actually think my good moves today were effortless and very powerful. It's a matter of making it repeatable with a great deal of testing.

Kongfrontation

That is exactly what I feel. I'd take the club back and found on my miss hits I was way out in front of it because I didn't wait on the club. I has to adjust my timing a bit in order to stay down and through. That being said I can adjust, it really is a fraction of a second in my transition.
I actually think my good moves today were effortless and very powerful. It's a matter of making it repeatable with a great deal of testing.

Kongfrontation

I like it. It goes back to something I said in here last night: I'm looking forward to being able to tempo the club as opposed to having to "swing" the club. The heavier shafts make you have to swing it or else you cannot fully utilize them.

Did you play today or just have a range session?

Great start to the thread Tadashi. Love the vids. You have a great swing too. How is the lighter shaft treating you?

Thank you, it will take some readjusting. I like everything about the shafts, I just have to adjust my timing. I honestly thought I would hit more pulls than the high rights I was hitting. As I told TC when I waited a fraction of a second longer and didn't over swing, I found myself in a great position at impact & finish.

Kongfrontation

I like it. It goes back to something I said in here last night: I'm looking forward to being able to tempo the club as opposed to having to "swing" the club. The heavier shafts make you have to swing it or else you cannot fully utilize them.

Did you play today or just have a range session?

Just range time today, I'm really going to hit the range hard for the next couple of weeks. Getting into my busy season. Ill still get some rounds in but these clubs are going to take some getting used to.

Kongfrontation

Great videos tadashi. I could definitely see some transition issues switching to lighter shafts. Like you said, you should be able to adjust in a bit. Keep up the good work man.

Thank you, it will take some readjusting. I like everything about the shafts, I just have to adjust my timing. I honestly thought I would hit more pulls than the high rights I was hitting. As I told TC when I waited a fraction of a second longer and didn't over swing, I found myself in a great position at impact & finish.

Kongfrontation
Thanks...
I did the opposite of you for my testing. I went from the KBS 90 (R9head) to the KBS Tour 120. I'm a bigger guy and the weight has helped me a lot. I like the feel of the added weight and believe it's given me a little more control. I'm not sure which I like more, the 2.0 head or the KBS Tour shaft. The only downside for me is some fatigue when playing multiple rounds in a day, or practicing a lot. I loved the KBS 90, and it is great feeling shaft! I think you will like it quite a bit.

I will be interested in your thoughts! The R11's sure are a great looking iron. Were your distances similar? Longer?

Tadashi, those video's were great and while agree with all your thoughts on the irons so far. You touched on the dispersion in your videos which I think are a huge feature of these irons. Looking forward to more of your thoughts as you go on with these irons.

Great start Tadashi, really enjoyed the videos

Great videos Tadashi. Enjoy those irons. By chance, have you played any of the Taylormade r series irons before?

Great videos Tadashi. Enjoy those irons. By chance, have you played any of the Taylormade r series irons before?

I have not played an R series before the last Taylormade irons I played were the 300 tours that were released with the 300 series woods. I had two sets and loved them.
I was huge fan of the look of the R9 TPs but never pulled the trigger in a purchase.

Kongfrontation

Thanks...
I did the opposite of you for my testing. I went from the KBS 90 (R9head) to the KBS Tour 120. I'm a bigger guy and the weight has helped me a lot. I like the feel of the added weight and believe it's given me a little more control. I'm not sure which I like more, the 2.0 head or the KBS Tour shaft. The only downside for me is some fatigue when playing multiple rounds in a day, or practicing a lot. I loved the KBS 90, and it is great feeling shaft! I think you will like it quite a bit.

I will be interested in your thoughts! The R11's sure are a great looking iron. Were your distances similar? Longer?

My distances were pretty much the same maybe a titch longer. I did notice that I now have a gap between my 4 iron and my hybrid that I need to fill.

Kongfrontation

Great job so far. Like both views of video (side/behind). Since it looks like I'm the high HC'er of the group, I'll just try to keep them inside 20 yards dispersion. Quote from video Tadashi70..."see those all landed within about a foot from each other at about the same distance"........ Or something like that!

Tadashi, I knew you had the itch to have these clubs after you took a few swings with my set on the range at the Morgan Cup! I'm very thrilled for you to have this testing opportunity, and I look forward to some great feedback from you as well as all of the other testers.

Great feedback Tadashi. Looking forward to following you on this process. Going to the lighter shafts is very intriguing to me.

Are all R11 iron testing thoughts to be put in this thread now?

Great job so far. Like both views of video (side/behind). Since it looks like I'm the high HC'er of the group, I'll just try to keep them inside 20 yards dispersion. Quote from video Tadashi70..."see those all landed within about a foot from each other at about the same distance"........ Or something like that!

You will knock this out the park. I'm
anxious to see what you think and they play for you. Have fun with it and enjoy the R11s

Kongfrontation

Great feedback Tadashi. Looking forward to following you on this process. Going to the lighter shafts is very intriguing to me. <br />
<br />
Are all R11 iron testing thoughts to be put in this thread now?

John I think we are using this thread for the opening and initial thought of the new testers then merging the two threads

Kongfrontation

Tadashi, I knew you had the itch to have these clubs after you took a few swings with my set on the range at the Morgan Cup! I'm very thrilled for you to have this testing opportunity, and I look forward to some great feedback from you as well as all of the other testers.

Thanks Ary...the feel of the club is completely different with the KBS 90 shafts. The thing that drew me to the iron was the weight I felt at MC. The set I'm testing still feel solid just lighter

Kongfrontation

Back