Morgan Cup - How To Enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinderella story! This unknown forum noobie, comes out of nowhere, to qualify for the Morgan Cup. He's at 53 posts. Gonna become a post wh0re. I think. He posts... IT'S UP TO 500! IT'S UP TO 500!

pc = pc +1

Cinderella story! This unknown forum noobie, comes out of nowhere, to qualify for the Morgan Cup. He's at 53 posts. Gonna become a post wh0re. I think. He posts... IT'S UP TO 500! IT'S UP TO 500!

pc = pc +1

Quantity doesn't always equal quality....

Just don't be one of those 3-word post people to get the count up.

pc = pc +1

I am rooting for you man, just remember that you are here for the long haul if you are going to be in the MC and you will have to be accountable for your posts to some degree. I look forward to seeing you about.

Quantity doesn't always equal quality....

Just don't be one of those 3-word post people to get the count up.

I hate that.

(obviously this was a joke, fyi).

pc = pc +1

If the posts are too much, you can always take a look at the THP Outing & Demo Day. Still lots of THPers, a weekend of golf at an amazing resort and a full demo day.

I hate that.

(obviously this was a joke, fyi).

Yes, I am totally joking. I'd love to get to 500 posts in time for MC2.0, but realize that probably won't happen. I will continue to post here and slowly but surely (hopefully) work my way into contention for a future MC. As I mentioned in another thread, I had no idea how awesome a forum I would stumble upon when I did a Google search for "golf deals". Found the Deal of the Day thread and have been posting ever since. This seems like a great community and I look forward to making an honest name for myself by getting involved in all the equipment talk and blowing too much of my salary on all those deals that DawgDaddy posts.

Yes, I am totally joking. I'd love to get to 500 posts in time for MC2.0, but realize that probably won't happen. I will continue to post here and slowly but surely (hopefully) work my way into contention for a future MC. As I mentioned in another thread, I had no idea how awesome a forum I would stumble upon when I did a Google search for "golf deals". Found the Deal of the Day thread and have been posting ever since. This seems like a great community and I look forward to making an honest name for myself by getting involved in all the equipment talk and blowing too much of my salary on all those deals that DawgDaddy posts.

You can get to 500 easy man! I have known people to post 2k posts in a month.

Looking forward to seeing you around. This is a tremendous forum with awesome opportunities and incredible equipment talk and many many other things.

You can get to 500 easy man! I have known people to post 2k posts in a month.

Oh, I'm sure I could. But between my other forum fascinations (one for my college sports team, one for my professional organization, a local golf forum for course reviews and other BS) I think high volume involvement here may get me some divorce papers from the wife!

You might be surprised how quick you can get sucked in... I remember looking at peoples post counts and wondering how they could have that many posts... it just happens.

Oh, I'm sure I could. But between my other forum fascinations (one for my college sports team, one for my professional organization, a local golf forum for course reviews and other BS) I think high volume involvement here may get me some divorce papers from the wife!

Please do remember that posting is also a requirement for the Morgan Cup. It is not "get to 500 and its over" kind of thing. There will be monthly minimums, reviews and a lot of participation requirements.

The THP Outing & Demo Day has many of the great things the Morgan Cup has and does not require those things. It might be something easier to look at.

Please do remember that posting is also a requirement for the Morgan Cup. It is not "get to 500 and its over" kind of thing. There will be monthly minimums, reviews and a lot of participation requirements.

The THP Outing & Demo Day has many of the great things the Morgan Cup has and does not require those things. It might be something easier to look at.

I like what I am hearing

I'm in kinda the same boat with you Chris. I have been a member since this time last year. I visit the forum pretty much everyday. I always try to welcome New folks, but I don't feel the need to "post *****" threads. That's just my opinion. I'm an avid hunter and I frequent my other site just as much as here, but if I don't feel I could add value I would rather read than post. This is just my opinion now so please understand that!

I am intrested in the Demo day! I just have so much going on with my teenagers at that time of the year it's hard to pull away from my family.

Chris, I will say as someone who has a relatively high post count that 500 posts can be done in a week. I have done 100 a day several times.

Chris, I will say as someone who has a relatively high post count that 500 posts can be done in a week. I have done 100 a day several times.

For someone with a relatively low post count I will say it's not that easy without spamming. I still consider myself a "serious recreational golfer" so my input towards play or equipment has been, and probably will remain, minimal. I don't change equipment every 3 months so I'm not enough of a club ***** to have much input and I'm not good enough to offer much game advice. I'd assume most of my posts have been about the equipment I have experience with or in the football thread.

However, I would never complain about such a minor requirement for such a big event. As I hangout more and get comfortable with other members I will cut up more and be a bigger player on the site even with my limited golf related contributions.

I read about these post count concerns and I get a bit worried.

I know everyone wants to participate in Morgan Cup 2.0 just like me, but I hope we don't get just a bunch of junk posted.

The posts should have value and not just mindless blather just to get the count up.

If I am out of line here, then Moderator please delete this message.

I read about these post count concerns and I get a bit worried.

I know everyone wants to participate in Morgan Cup 2.0 just like me, but I hope we don't get just a bunch of junk posted.

The posts should have value and not just mindless blather just to get the count up.

If I am out of line here, then Moderator please delete this message.
We dealt with it the last time and I expect we'll see it again. Most were from people who showed up a couple weeks before signup, not from people who were here months ahead of time. But quality counts. 350 posts welcoming people to the site who were here long before you won't make the cut.

THP offers an alternative to those that do not think they can handle post requirements and that is the THP Outing & Demo Day each year.
It has a weekend of golf, a full demo day, a banquet dinner, tons of contests and a competition.

No offense to anybody here, but the Morgan Cup has strict requirements on posts and will continue to have those for those selected. If someone cannot meet those, they should not apply, they should seek out the outing instead. We hear during every testing "I just dont have a lot to say". People's choice and I respect that, however you cannot expect THP and these companies to in turn hand over several thousand dollars worth of equipment in hopes someone suddenly has the urge to speak more. We have taken chances and been burned in the past and because of that will have posting requirements for things such as this where actual posting on the event and/or products are necessary.

However as mentioned, because we dont expect everybody to be able to post 100 times per day, we offer an outing/competition each and every year that does not have a minimum post count and monthly requirements. All one has to do is signup (or waiting list) and post enough to be a forum member.

We dealt with it the last time and I expect we'll see it again. Most were from people who showed up a couple weeks before signup, not from people who were here months ahead of time. But quality counts. 350 posts welcoming people to the site who were here long before you won't make the cut.

Welcome to the thread Smalls!:D

Hopefully I can attend both. I'm excited for demo day and the outing, would love to do mc also . Going out this weekend to get a flip cam :)..

tapatalk addict....

THP offers an alternative to those that do not think they can handle post requirements and that is the THP Outing & Demo Day each year.
It has a weekend of golf, a full demo day, a banquet dinner, tons of contests and a competition.

No offense to anybody here, but the Morgan Cup has strict requirements on posts and will continue to have those for those selected. If someone cannot meet those, they should not apply, they should seek out the outing instead. We hear during every testing "I just dont have a lot to say". People's choice and I respect that, however you cannot expect THP and these companies to in turn hand over several thousand dollars worth of equipment in hopes someone suddenly has the urge to speak more. We have taken chances and been burned in the past and because of that will have posting requirements for things such as this where actual posting on the event and/or products are necessary.

However as mentioned, because we dont expect everybody to be able to post 100 times per day, we offer an outing/competition each and every year that does not have a minimum post count and monthly requirements. All one has to do is signup (or waiting list) and post enough to be a forum member.

All joking aside, The MC should certainly have the strictest guidelines of the majority of THP offerings. I've read up about the MC and without a doubt there should be something set aside for the verterans or "full timers" of THP, I want to welcome everybody too, but agree that 300 welcomes does not make someone a "valuable asset". I, without being swayed to something I haven't thought about, could not ever see the minimum requirements going down any further than they are currently, whether I would or could ever qualify (HC and Posts) or not period.

I think you should reevaluate what you call "spamming". Get into a golf tournament, and sit there all day and chat in the tourney thread. Ask questions about things and Get answers. There is a very easy way to get a lot of posts without spamming. Heck, this is a golf website for goodness sakes, some might say that with all of your posts coming from the football thread is a little weird...?

For someone with a relatively low post count I will say it's not that easy without spamming. I still consider myself a "serious recreational golfer" so my input towards play or equipment has been, and probably will remain, minimal. I don't change equipment every 3 months so I'm not enough of a club ***** to have much input and I'm not good enough to offer much game advice. I'd assume most of my posts have been about the equipment I have experience with or in the football thread.

However, I would never complain about such a minor requirement for such a big event. As I hangout more and get comfortable with other members I will cut up more and be a bigger player on the site even with my limited golf related contributions.

I think you should reevaluate what you call "spamming". Get into a golf tournament, and sit there all day and chat in the tourney thread. Ask questions about things and Get answers. There is a very easy way to get a lot of posts without spamming. Heck, this is a golf website for goodness sakes, some might say that with all of your posts coming from the football thread is a little weird...?

That's the community aspect of the forum. I wouldnt think anyone would think its wierd because I havent been in any testing threads (except a ball testing one). I have a green saver but i was part of getting that one going. I don't think its weird at all. I love me some football and love to talk about it with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back