Haha. Poor Na. At least it was just right if the green and not in the bramble bushes for a 14+ score on one hole.

So for those who say a whiff are you also the jerks that say +1 when someone bumps the ball off the tee with a practice waggle? Lol

iOS using Tapatalk

Haha. Poor Na. At least it was just right if the green and not in the bramble bushes for a 14+ score on one hole.

So for those who say a whiff are you also the jerks that say +1 when someone bumps the ball off the tee with a practice waggle? Lol

iOS using Tapatalk

Hey, I resemble that remark...hehe

Kongfrontation

Definitely a swing but I think he may have changed his mind and swung over the top of the ball. Pretty weird to see on the PGA.

Tadashi has it right, you have to have the intent to hit the ball in your downswing. He was pulling up through the swing, regardless of what we think of Kevin Na, hes a professional golfer, if he wants to hit the ball, he can hit the ball.

+1 End of story.

Watching live I thought it was a whiff. I felt that when he hit the drive and let the club go it was out of the embarrassment of just whiffing. Loved how baffled the announcers were. I do have a hard time seeing a PGA pro whiff, but it looked like a duck, talked like a duck, so who knows what it was.

No way to argue what his "intent" was. Definitely weird. Watching the guy the following holes shows that he is just wound to tight. Wondering how many voices he hears in his head. Can't wait untill the press get to him after the round.

I am not even sure he speaks the same language as the voices in his head

iOS using Tapatalk

Hahaha worst joke ever. I hate it when people do that.

Wait--- since when did whiff only have 1 F?

I laughed so hard when he did this. Totally looked like a whiff, and he tried to play it off like he did it on purpose. Only he knows for sure, but it was damn funny to see.

the rules state i'm sure that if you intend to hit the ball and make a swing at it then that is a foul surely?that would be classed as a fresh air and a stroke!!!i've seen him do it once before earlier in the year and if he has done it 2 other times that's been mentioned then that's 3 times so far.what a tool!!!!!

Yeah, I saw him do it earlier this year. Driver on the teebox. That older one was way more obvious though. He might just be like me and can't stop a swing once he's at the top of his backswing even if he feels something went wrong in the backswing. I whiff it on purpose too when I can feel that I'm off balance, way off plane, or wrists are cocked wrong. I can't stop my swing (mental block) so I just miss the ball on purpose, although I do slow my swing down a lot...unlike him.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

I thought he wiffed when I saw it live. After they put it in slow mo, in kind of looked like he lifted out of the shot on purpose.

Same here. Not very professional of him though. When you adress the ball you should follow through or back off again.
Like someone said, too much stuff going on in his brain?

Hes done this a bunch of times, and he did it on the front 9 with an iron in his hand. He did it at the travelers, and at the sony. I havent whiffed a ball in like 3.5 years(thats about when I started), and Im not even good at this game. Hes a pro and people think hes actually whiffing? Get real people.

nah, intentional miss .. if he had just missed it i would have called a whiff, but he was miles away.

I played in a scrabble yesterday and a couple ladies with us were doing that all day LOL

I agree that it was NOT a whiff, but ESPN sure thinks it was. They have showed it a few different times and called it a whiff.

I saw the video and I think he clearly pulled out of his swing. He was what looked like to me almost a foot above the ball. Even I on my worst swing am not that far off. This leads me to believe it was intentional and has been said he just couldn't stop on the downswing but pulled up instead.

I'm not a fan of Kevin Na but he is what he is and I don't root for him.

But I don't think this was a whiff.

Quick seach of the interweb reveals Michelle Wie has whiffed twice in a tournament, Kevin Na had the whiff at the Valero Texas Open while in the bushes and Phil Mickelson whiffed a flop shot a couple years ago.

I think I just read the ruling- they said he had no intent to hit the ball and cleared him of a penalty or DQ for signing the wrong score card.

Not a whiff. No intent on the downswing and he reacted immediately after as such.

Not a whiff, but an attention seeking motion like the rest of his game? Maybe. Hear him blaming his caddy for a misread just after that? Even classier. Jeez, this guy gets on my last nerve, and turns watching golf into a whole new sport!

Back