Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant beleive VATech got the beat down from Clemson. I thought it would of been a better game, BOO!

I cant beleive VATech got the beat down from Clemson. I thought it would of been a better game, BOO!

I can. We knew absolutely nothing about VaTech with what/who they have played this year. VT was over ranked, and with an easy schedule there was no way to tell if they were any good or not.

I can. We knew absolutely nothing about VaTech with what/who they have played this year. VT was over ranked, and with an easy schedule there was no way to tell if they were any good or not.

They have the #2 defense, Clemson is just that good. Plus Logan was a tight end last year and now a QB, its not good for VT.

They have the #2 defense, Clemson is just that good. Plus Logan was a tight end last year and now a QB, its not good for VT.

They have the #2 defense against App State, East Carolina, Arkansas State and Marshall. Weak competition shows nothing.

They have the #2 defense against App State, East Carolina, Arkansas State and Marshall. Weak competition shows nothing.

Calm down, I don't make the schedule. I just root for my team, and yes VATech has a beast D, Clemson got the better of them. So Clemsons #13 ranking from playing Troy and wofford is what? Every team has some soft games.

Tap-in Talking

Calm down, I don't make the schedule. I just root for my team, and yes VATech has a beast D, Clemson got the better of them. So Clemsons #13 ranking from playing Troy and wofford is what? Every team has some soft games.

Tap-in Talking

I am calm. I was rooting for the Hokies.

Clemson has beaten 3 top 25 teams. Florida State, Auburn and Virginia Tech. There is no comparing of the two schedules that VT and Clemson have played.

Clemson has beaten 3 top 25 teams. Florida State, Auburn and Virginia Tech. There is no comparing of the two schedules that VT and Clemson have played.

The truth. Of course, you can credit the FSU win to OU breaking Manuel lol

The truth. Of course, you can credit the FSU win to OU breaking Manuel lol

That is true. If he is in that game, FSU wins easily.

That is true. If he is in that game, FSU wins easily.

Hell, I'm an OU guy but if Manuel doesn't get hurt in that one I'm not so sure they don't pull it off against OU.

Thats freshman QB is gonna be a stud though.

No doubt Clemson is on a roll, that's why I thought it should of been a better game. Schedule wise Clemson does have a tough schedule but stats are stats. If you were rooting for VATech I need to buy you a beer or 5!

Tap-in Talking

Clemson is a good, young team. They have some great talent, especially on offense, and Dabo has them playing hard and believing. They'll lose eventually, but they still might win the division or even the ACC in the end. They'll be a force the next couple of years once they get more experience.

That same saying about beating up on bad competition applies to Florida. They were over-rated from beating up on some very inferior teams (including a horrible Kentucky team) and then got steamrolled by a "real" team in Alabama.

Clemson is a good, young team. They have some great talent, especially on offense, and Dabo has them playing hard and believing. They'll lose eventually, but they still might win the division or even the ACC in the end. They'll be a force the next couple of years once they get more experience.

That same saying about beating up on bad competition applies to Florida. They were over-rated from beating up on some very inferior teams (including a horrible Kentucky team) and then got steamrolled by a "real" team in Alabama.

And also had their QB taken out of the game in the 2nd quarter. Granted, their offense did nothing prior to him leaving the game either.

Really Boise ranked #5 now? Ugh. No respect. We have some Prolific(sp?) guys too. I understand our schedule isn't the best but if we changed conferences again we'd be great. I just want a shot at the national championship but it doesn't look good for this year.

Really Boise ranked #5 now? Ugh. No respect. We have some Prolific(sp?) guys too. I understand our schedule isn't the best but if we changed conferences again we'd be great. I just want a shot at the national championship but it doesn't look good for this year.

And if a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his...well you get the point.

Boise can compete in those early season big games and in bowl games because of the prep time. Come try that in a major conference and see how the talent levels works out.

--
tapatalk

Edit, typo

Only having to get up for two "big games" a year helps Boise out a lot. Boise running through a schedule in the SEC, Big 10, etc would not be the same team.

If you can honestly say that Boise should be ranked higher than LSU, Okla, Alabama, or Wisconsin you would be lying to yourself. They are barely the fifth best team in the country and if it weren't for an early season win against an overhyped Georgia team they wouldn't be in the conversation.

I hope this is a joke.

If you can honestly say that Boise should be ranked higher than LSU, Okla, Alabama, or Wisconsin you would be lying to yourself. They are barely the fifth best team in the country and if it weren't for an early season win against an overhyped Georgia team they wouldn't be in the conversation.

No alabama/LSU should easily be tied for #1 they are men on the field. No doubt about it. SEC is such a tough conference but that's why their the best. But after the past 4 years they deserve their shot. Look at TCU last year, underrated against Wisconsin and beat them. These non-BCS teams deserve their shot is my point.

No alabama/LSU should easily be tied for #1 they are men on the field. No doubt about it. SEC is such a tough conference but that's why their the best. But after the past 4 years they deserve their shot. Look at TCU last year, underrated against Wisconsin and beat them. These non-BCS teams deserve their shot is my point.

I agree with you that they deserve their shot. But if they want to be taken seriously, they can't lose to Nevada. They better run the table, and blow people out.

I agree with you that they deserve their shot. But if they want to be taken seriously, they can't lose to Nevada. They better run the table, and blow people out.

Exactly. If Boise wants their shot, they have to run the table and win by blow outs to get it. Or join an actual competitive conference.

Exactly. If Boise wants their shot, they have to run the table and win by blow outs to get it. Or join an actual competitive conference.

I have no problem with the first part. But the bolded part. That takes more than a year though/lots of planning.

Only having to get up for two "big games" a year helps Boise out a lot. Boise running through a schedule in the SEC, Big 10, etc would not be the same team.
Exactly. Id love to see Boise try to run the table in the Big Ten or SEC. The same goes for TCU. Join a real conference and then try to show us how great you are.

Putting the Big 10 and the SEC in the same sentence is just as laughable to me. Wisconsin beat up on Nebraska, but it's not like they have a tough schedule either.

Putting the Big 10 and the SEC in the same sentence is just as laughable to me. Wisconsin beat up on Nebraska, but it's not like they have a tough schedule either.

Four top 25 teams in a row? While I agree its not the SEC it's also not the ACC or Pac 10.

The SEC is a much deeper conference than the Big 10. I to would like to see Wisconsin schedule better competition. Either way, I doubt Boise could consistently run the table in the Big 12, Pac 12, SEC, or Big 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back