Nicklaus ML4 Driver - Forum Testing Review

ML4 Update

I played 18 today. The course was very soupy, played very long, and the greens were small and surrounded by trouble. I hit the ML4 twelve times and kept it in play ten times. Of the two I missed one was a dead pull that went howling into the woods, the other landed in the fairway and kicked dead left into the hazard...I still can't figure that one out. I shot a 79. Interestingly enough I played with a fellow who had an ML3, which he's very enamored with.

I know, you must be getting tired of hearing how solid this driver feels and sounds, how forgiving it is, and how far it goes. But for me it's all true. I've been playing this driver for close to six months, which must be some kind of record. I haven't even been tempted to hit another driver. I haven't even looked at another driver. This is very unusual behavior for me.

Very nice day with the big stick and a nice finishing score too Sean! Repetitive or not, you aren't the only one saying it again and again hehe

I'll be out tomorrow...with the flip cam in tow. Kinda afraid to show my swing, alas, for THP I will. The first appearance on THP of what I look like...kinda scary! hehehe

I'm looking forward to seeing the real Jman :)

Can I request a close up of impact so I can hear the sound really well?

I'm looking forward to seeing the real Jman :)

Can I request a close up of impact so I can hear the sound really well?

Will do good sir!!

I'm going to pull the trigger on an ML4. Going to purchase the head only and take a chance on the Nunchuk. When it happens you'll know. Looking forward to hitting this head...again.

Alex

Very nice day with the big stick and a nice finishing score too Sean! Repetitive or not, you aren't the only one saying it again and again hehe

I'll be out tomorrow...with the flip cam in tow. Kinda afraid to show my swing, alas, for THP I will. The first appearance on THP of what I look like...kinda scary! hehehe
I look forward to it Jman! :)

I'm going to pull the trigger on an ML4. Going to purchase the head only and take a chance on the Nunchuk. When it happens you'll know. Looking forward to hitting this head...again.

Alex
Good stuff Alex! I'll be very interested to hear your take on the Nunchuk shaft as well!

Alex

Count me as another very interested to hear how that combo works for 'ya!

Had a quick after work 18 with the Flip cam in tow....beware!!

Round 1: "Home Course" (Pull Driver!)
39/41 = 80 (+8)
12/14 Fairways Hit
1/2 Within 10 Feet of Fairway
Long Drive = 280 Yards
Short Drive = 245
Average = 265ish...I love it.

What a day from the tee. I can honestly say I'm comfortable with the Miya in the ML4 now and am just letting my tempo be the focus mentally and the ML4 do all the work, and its paying off. Went 12/14 fairways, 1 of the 2 misses was about 7 feet off the fairway (intentionally believe it or not) and the other was a power fade that just got away from me as I knew the moment that it happened I lost tempo at the top. Spent all day (all but one lol) in the center of the face form heel/toe but just a tad higher than dead center. It was one of those truly nice days with little wind and you could just hear the ML4 wonderfully, love that sound still. Had two true bombs (280/275) where everything was just in groove.

**Having issues with youtube tonight, I'll have to upload the vid's tomorrow at work!!**

Great numbers JMan - those numbers are stellar off the tee man! Looking forward to your video tomorrow.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Great numbers JMan - those numbers are stellar off the tee man! Looking forward to your video tomorrow.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thank you sir, even though I didn't break 80 this round my swing was really on.

I've got three vids I'll put up in the morning; side angle focused on ball for sound, side angle wider for view of swing and ball off face, and from behind off the 18th tee. I'm a terrible cameraman right now, but they aren't bad for first tries.

Wow nice round Jman! This driver really sounds like it's working for all of you guys!

Weeeeeeeell....I'd first like to apologize for the videos, and second for the swing. Yesterdays on course filming was not only my first time out with the Flip (with no tripod, it came in when I got home :banghead:) but the first time I have EVER seen my swing on film...so...yeah.

Several different off center views for you though, one specifically for the requested sound. Here goes nothing!

[video=youtube;6lp_QzWY-5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lp_QzWY-5I[/video]

Thanks for sharing JMan! Fun seeing yourself on camera, huh? :D

Nice little bounce you had working there at address in the 3rd video. Not an insult - your swing is much better than mine (will be in video hole of day thread shortly)!!

Weeeeeeeell....I'd first like to apologize for the videos, and second for the swing. Yesterdays on course filming was not only my first time out with the Flip (with no tripod, it came in when I got home :banghead:) but the first time I have EVER seen my swing on film...so...yeah.

Several different off center views for you though, one specifically for the requested sound. Here goes nothing!

[video=youtube;6lp_QzWY-5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lp_QzWY-5I[/video]

Nice vids Jman! Thanks for the one highlighting the sound. This driver sounds pretty nice, I have to say. And I'm picky about how my clubs sound. Thanks again!

Thanks for sharing JMan! Fun seeing yourself on camera, huh? :D

Nice little bounce you had working there at address in the 3rd video. Not an insult - your swing is much better than mine (will be in video hole of day thread shortly)!!

Its strange for sure. The bounce is my tension reliever, I'm not a big waggler, but this I do. Has allowed me to not hang over the ball to much. Its just get set, fell, and go.

Nice vids Jman! Thanks for the one highlighting the sound. This driver sounds pretty nice, I have to say. And I'm picky about how my clubs sound. Thanks again!

Thank you sir, your welcome for the sound vid. I've played the entire range of sounds from tin can to baseball bat and the ML4 sitis in that perfect range for me...not loud but not muted either.

Looking forward to checking these out this evening, Jman. Thanks for posting them!

Looking forward to checking these out this evening, Jman. Thanks for posting them!

Thanks Hawk! Can't wait to hear what you think buddy!

Also, reflecting on it now, making the videos really is quite fun. Should have more this Friday!!!

Also, reflecting on it now, making the videos really is quite fun. Should have more this Friday!!!

Cool - if you can do one of the "video holes of the day" and throw it up in that thread. I have enjoyed watching those and just starting to record one per round myself.

Cool - if you can do one of the "video holes of the day" and throw it up in that thread. I have enjoyed watching those and just starting to record one per round myself.

Indeed I will Cookie. I really enjoyed yours you put up today, putt or not! lol

I seriously have been listening to my own vids several times today to hear the sound of the ML4, is that a bad thing? LOL

Indeed I will Cookie. I really enjoyed yours you put up today, putt or not! lol

I seriously have been listening to my own vids several times today to hear the sound of the ML4, is that a bad thing? LOL

Nope - not at all! Your driver has that nice deep sound to it. Hard to come up with the right way to describe it but nothing "tingy" or that god awful Sumo driver sound.

Nope - not at all! Your driver has that nice deep sound to it. Hard to come up with the right way to describe it but nothing "tingy" or that god awful Sumo driver sound.

I hate the Sumo sound, this sound though, I love.

Bumpity for more to see the ML4 in action and my crappy swing too!!! hehe

Stopped for a quick 9 after work at the "dog track"

Round 1: "Dog Track" (Pull Driver!)
40 (+4)
5/7 Fairways Hit
0/2 Within 10 Feet of Fairway
Long Drive = 270 Yards
Short Drive = 245
Average = 260ish

Stopped by after work for a quick 9 after yesterday went so well, good things continued with the ML4 off the tee. Hit 5/7 dead center on both the driver and the middle of the fairways. The two misses were right of the fairway 20 and 40 feet respectively off the toe high and outside and obviously a bit OTT on the swing to end up where they did, still crazy good results for how and where they hit the face, I wish I'd have taken pics after the round of ball impacts but I forgot.

Also didn't have the Flip camera with me so still just the videos I put up earlier, there will be more this Friday though!!!

Dude, that does sound good.

Good stuff jman. My distance issues are killing me

tapatalk addict....

Back