The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew! That was a battle. Good win on the road with two inexperienced OTs playing. They were probably lucky Abraham didn't play. Rodgers is good. The D played well in the 2nd half. Jennings is really good. Finley could have made it easier by holding on to the ball.

Kevin

After the first two drives Atlanta had, the Pack really got it going on Defense. Atlanta couldnt do anything at all on offense after the first quarter. Great game.

Pennington would trade his left nut to have Ryan's right arm

Top half quality. Not top 10. He manages the game well enough. But his arm doesnt impress me. Admittedly I have not watched a lot of Falcons football, but I just rarely see him do anything special. He comes off as Chad Pennington 2.0 to me.

I'm not sure where I would put him in top 10-top 15 list, but I think he is more than a quality QB. I think he is better than Pennington, just my opinion.

I dont think we need to question Ryan as a NFL quarterback. I think he is a very good QB but not much more then that right now. If Im the Falcons Im very happy with him and would keep him over Vick at this point.

I dont think we need to question Ryan as a NFL quarterback. I think he is a very good QB but much more then that right now. If Im the Falcons Im very happy with him and would keep him over Vick at this point.

Totally agree. That blugold just likes to stir the pot when it comes to all things not Wiscansin. Matty Ice is proven and is a solid QB. The Falcons lost b/c they ignored the run. You can't get into a gun slinging match with Aaron Rodgers. I said it last night and I'll say it again, the NFC South is gonna be fun to watch this year!

Totally agree. That blugold just likes to stir the pot when it comes to all things not Wiscansin. Matty Ice is proven and is a solid QB. The Falcons lost b/c they ignored the run. You can't get into a gun slinging match with Aaron Rodgers. I said it last night and I'll say it again, the NFC South is gonna be fun to watch this year!

This is true. There's the NFL and then there's Aaron Rodgers. He is just that good. But blugold already knew that.

This is true. There's the NFL and then there's Aaron Rodgers. He is just that good. But blugold already knew that.

You think? I like how he waits until the Pack have the lead or look like they're gonna win and then he starts posting. Aaron Rodgers wishes he had Cam Newton's arm.

You think? I like how he waits until the Pack have the lead or look like they're gonna win and then he starts posting. Aaron Rodgers wishes he had Cam Newton's arm.

And Cam Newton wishes he had Aaron Rodger's team haha

That's what they do with their play selection. Only the Rams throw the ball more than them this season. It makes no sense.

I know you're giving me grief ( ihope so at least), I was at a family party watching the first half and finally got home and put my daughter to bed, so it was THP time. I think the most pro-Pack talk I had was about how the defense didn't allow a point after the first quarter.

I do like to stir the pot a little. I have not seen a lot of Matt Ryan so I can't really speak with certainty, but I would love to see him go down the field more. It just looks like he stays within 15 yards of the line a lot.

Trent Dilfer needs to take a cold shower every time he talks about Rodgers. That guy had a rager going on after the game.

2011 San Diego Chargers. 4-1 and writing a book on how it look ugly doing so. In the end, it's about wins and losses and it sure beats their slow starts of the past.

Have to vent a little. I've defended the coaching staff in Jacksonville for years - they've had bad players, bad draft picks, etc over and over, got a new GM, give them time, still rebuilding again, wait until they have some decent players, blah blah blah. Enough is enough now. The last three weeks the game plans and play calling have been horrific and have cost us two games (Carolina and Cincinnati). The Jaguars should be 3-2 right now. Only one team has gained over 300 yards against them - the Saints - and they gain yards on everybody - even so they only scored 23 points, which is low for the Saints. The defense is playing well. The running game is working as always. The rookie QB isn't costing us games with stupid mistakes, though his accuracy needs to improve. But the play calling the last three weeks as sucked. In a tie game at halftime yesterday in a 25 mph wind that made passing the ball iffy at best and any field goals over 20 yards a risk into the wind, the Jaguars came out in the 3rd qtr while they had the wind at their back and instead of being aggressive to try and score they ran two tight end jumbo sets and only passed on 3rd and long, going three and out most of the quarter, wasting their opportunity. Game over. A horrible punt in the 4th qtr into the bad wind gives Cincy the ball almost in the red zone, forcing you to try and drive the field into a 25 mph wind to win with 2 minutes left. Anyone with common sense should know that you aren't going to have much chance into the wind and you better do something in the 3rd while the wind is at your back. Nope, let's just try for three yards and a cloud of dust and hope Mojo breaks a long one while all 11 Bengals key on him.

So I am officially joining the fire Del Rio crowd. You've had nine years and have never done anything to warrant keeping your job any longer. Go over-water your lawn somewhere else.

And take Matt Turk with you.

I love how Denver has the worst coach in the league now.

Bandwagon fan hehe

Yes, yes you are...me on the other hand has been a Bills fan through all of the crappy years!!

Andy Reid on line 2....watching a D lineman jump offside when everyone on planet Earth knew the Bills were going to try and draw them offside was comedy gold.

Andy Reid on line 2....watching a D lineman jump offside when everyone on planet Earth knew the Bills were going to try and draw them offside was comedy gold.

I have to agree. It was pretty humorous

Fox and Del Rio could have a death match to sort it out.

2011 San Diego Chargers. 4-1 and writing a book on how it look ugly doing so. In the end, it's about wins and losses and it sure beats their slow starts of the past.
The Chargers are 4-1 but the teams they have beaten are a combined 4-15 (KC has 2 of those wins but both of those came against winless teams the last two weeks). Their only game against a team with a winning record they got beat by 14 points. This was the Chiefs last year. They will probably be 6-1 before they have to play a team that can test them. They may be good, but if they have a loss (they play the Jets and Chiefs) before the Green Bay game, it will be telling. Then they need to have a good showing against the Packers.

Excited for tonight's results but not too excited about watching the game. Hopefully it will be entertaining enough, if not then I just need Hanson to kick 10 50 yd field goals tonight.

Excited for tonight's results but not too excited about watching the game. Hopefully it will be entertaining enough, if not then I just need Hanson to kick 10 50 yd field goals tonight.

Lol. My opponent needs Forte to get 70 pts. Best rushing performance in NFL history? Maybe.

I think it will be an entertaining game though. Should be competitive.

Lol. My opponent needs Forte to get 70 pts. Best rushing performance in NFL history? Maybe.

I think it will be an entertaining game though. Should be competitive.

I'm trying to remember the last Bears game I saw that was entertaining, which is why I'm not to stoked to watch. I want to see Detroit keep the winning streak alive. The Bears better have a great 1st half.

I'm trying to remember the last Bears game I saw that was entertaining, which is why I'm not to stoked to watch. I want to see Detroit keep the winning streak alive. The Bears better have a great 1st half.

I am the opposite, think the Bears are one of the most entertaining teams in the league. They are a dumpster fire one drive, look like an All Madden team the next drive, and flip back and forth all game. And thats just the offense, not the defense, or Hester & special teams. Are they great to watch if you want to see pretty play, no. But they are always entertaining (IMO). I could see Bears fans not wanting to watch, cheering them on cant be good for one's health.

Vikings finally got our first win!

We're just as good as the "dream team" wow hahaha

Shhhh... don't tell One-T but Carolina and Denver have the same record.

Well, it wasnt exactly the best game for the Packers last night but they found a way to win. The Packers cant afford to be spotting teams that many points every week though and it shows that the defense needs to be better.
If the offense is sputtering, the Packers are in serious trouble and right now the defense simply isnt good enough to keep them in the game if they arent putting points on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back