Favorite Dog Breed

I love my Boxer/Lab mix, but I have a spot in my heart for Great Danes.

Mutts. I have been tempted by German shepards and Huskys, but nothing beats a good ole mutt.

Viszla. They're gingers just like me. :)

I'm on my 3rd American Cocker Spaniel. Just the right size and a great friend. Only wish I could take him on the course with me!

It's hard to pick one breed over another. When first married we were given a Norwegan Elkhound, wonderful dog. Since then a lot of mutts and finally due to my daughter 2 Chou Chou's. I think the best dog we ever had was a 125lb mutt, part border collie part Labrador named Buster.

It's a toss up between a Rottie and an English Bulldog.

I got my English Bulldog when I first moved down to Florida, he has been the best dog I have ever owned.

I gotta throw a vote out for the English Springer Spaniel. I'm on my second one and they are great dogs. Active, playful, medium size, affectionate, extremely loyal.... great dogs.

I love all kinds of dogs, but I don't have one at the moment because it wouldn't be fair to the dog until I settle down and figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. That being said, I think my next dog is going to be a Bull Terrier, if I can find one at a shelter somewhere. I only get dogs from the ASPCA anymore, they usually have some great choices. I've found that there is usually nothing wrong with the dogs, they just had the wrong owner.

BullTerrierZola.jpg

For the OP - Pugs! This is Frank, he rules.
150820091062.jpg

Viszla. They're gingers just like me. :)

Virtual high five! I have a Viszla named Parker, and he's just an amazing dog. Such a gentle temperament, great with animals and humans, loves to play, loves to learn. Any excuse to show him off....

2011-03-11222624.jpg

2011-09-29203155.jpg

Nice Paulo, love Pugs!!!!

Mine is a tie between pugs and cockers, great personalities.

Dunno about favorite breed since I really love all dogs.

I am quite partial to my little Aussie though...he's awesome. Pictures!

222112_10150228689085199_517670198_9026209_2344717_n.jpg

34158_442342435198_517670198_6339603_5088570_n.jpg

I love my little chocolate lab. She has grown a lot since this photo though.

DSC_1055-1.jpg

I have a Chocolate lab. Its my avatar pic. Greatest dog breed on Earth IMO. Very smart and very loving dogs.

I gotta throw a vote out for the English Springer Spaniel. I'm on my second one and they are great dogs. Active, playful, medium size, affectionate, extremely loyal.... great dogs.

I had an English Springer Spaniel growing up. I loved that dog. That's what I wanted to get when Jenn and I looked in to getting a dog a few years ago. We ended up with a Yellow Lab who is just the perfect dog for us right now.

For me it is a Boston Terrier. My dad's dog is an absolute joy and she has a bunch of personality.

When I was a very little child, I was bitten in the face by a Chow and I still have the scar to prove it. I don't like Chows.

am dogless right now---and it is an ongoing discussion in our house about another dog---granddaughter and I against the rest--the rest are ahead for now--have had numerous mixes over the years--mostly lab/retriever but the all around best was an sheep dog/standard poodle mix--if could find a standard poodle locally would be home and gun trained quickly

Jack Russell Terriers. Our Milo is a JRT/Chihuahua mix, but is as big as a JRT. He's doesn't have the buggy eyes of a Chihuahua, just the apple-shaped forehead. The rest of him is JRT - body proportions, great temperment, etc. Fast as a JRT too - he can really run! We've had him for 8 years. He's great with the kids, never, ever snapped at them even though they mess with him all the time, and loyal. Knows when we're sick and just hangs with the sick person, snuggling.

My wife and I have had Great Danes the last 20 years. They are a big dog but they are gentle and love kids. The kids in the neighborhood come by and want to play with ours all the time. They love affection and can't ever get enough of course that would pretty much include all dogs too. The down side with them is they do not live very long usually 8-12 years. We are on our third one since 1991 and she is going on 6 years old. We got her after we had to put our last dog down and she was 3 when we got her. Man it is like losing a family member when they are gone.

My favorite is a Collie, smart and active, not too big, but I like almost any dog that is big enough to get out and run with. Not much of a lap dog fan. Don't care much for fighting dog breeds either.

I've had many dogs but my favorite has to be....well I bet you can guess.
We rescued Tango from the track and most people don't realize what great humans they make.

The wifes "FUR CHILD" since we dont have kids this is the next best thing plus there cheaper...
389727874.jpg
389727876.jpg

I love dogs and have TONS of favorite breeds. I currently own three dogs which represent three of my favorite breeds: Cane Corso, Shiloh Shepherd, and Labrador Retriever.

"Clyde" the Cane Corso (3 yrs, 130 lbs) Lol.. he was only a 90 lb pup in this pic:

summer2009054.jpg

"Foley" the Shiloh Shepherd (2 yrs, 120 lbs):

tn2sd.jpg

"Carly" the Chocolate Lab (5 yrs, 80 lbs):

picture084u.jpg

I tend to like different or the more rare dog breeds. Some other of my favorites are the Dogo Argentino, Rhodesian Ridgeback, and Beauceron. Someday I'll absolutely own one of these breeds, just have to commit. :smile:

We have a pug (Moose) and a black lab (Shadow). Both great dogs!

XMas10Hawaii181.jpg

XMas10Hawaii127.jpg

I'm kind of bored right now, and I thought of this thread.

What's you favorite breed of dogs and why?

I personally LOVE pugs. I don't have one, but I'm going to get one soon enough. I like them because they are fun to play with (my best friend has 2 pugs and they are a joy) Also they have hair and not fur, and I'm allergic to animal dander.

My wife is also a pug person, mainly because her grandmother had one (very unfortunately and uncreatively named Pug). I grew up around Rough Collies (Lassie dogs), and love both them and Shetland Sheepdogs (look similar, but NOT a miniature Collie). When in a position to have dogs, I'll get a collie if I have a big yard (they are very friendly, playful and beautiful dogs), but if a small yard I'll get a Sheltie, which is slightly less energetic, and would look a little less stupid next to a pug.

Back