Ogio Hoode rain hood system

MarcW

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN
Just got my Syncro bag and played with the rain hood system a little. Anybody use it in a real-life rainy situation? I've been using a Drizzle Stik for years now, love it, so simple. I'm sure I'll keep the Drizzle Stik in the bag for quick emergencies, but the Hoode system looks like it'll work well also.

I have this and u use it all the time! I live in Oregon so it rains a lot! Thus is the best rain cover ever!

ive had my Edge for years now im actually thinking about buying a new bag but can't make up my mind. but the Hood System works great for the Ogio bags. never had any problems with it before.

Just got one of these as well, my question is how the hell do you fold it back up heh.

Are some brands of rain hoods interchangeable with other brands, or is it best to stay with the OEM ?

Just got my Syncro bag and played with the rain hood system a little. Anybody use it in a real-life rainy situation? I've been using a Drizzle Stik for years now, love it, so simple. I'm sure I'll keep the Drizzle Stik in the bag for quick emergencies, but the Hoode system looks like it'll work well also.
How about some pics?!

Hardly rains in SoCal and if it is in the forecast, I won't be on the golf course..LOL

If you're talking about the rain cover that comes with the bag, it's ok. I personally hate using it since it makes getting clubs in/out of the bag a pain. I'd rather have a little umbrella, but I don't, so I use the cover. It's keeps things dry at least.

I have an Ogio Nova cart bag and the hood that came with it takes about 10 minutes to stretch and get to snap in. I thought maybe there was another deal that people were using on Ogio bags was the reason I checked in here.

I have an Ogio Nova cart bag and the hood that came with it takes about 10 minutes to stretch and get to snap in. I thought maybe there was another deal that people were using on Ogio bags was the reason I checked in here.

10 minutes!?!? What are you doing sewing that thing on? I use mine all the time and it takes 2 minutes to get that thing on! In response to Hawk that it is hard to get clubs in and out, the only time I have found that to be the case is when it is on a cart and since I usually walk it is not an issue for me. But that is my experience. I will take some pictures of how it folds up and how to put it on later.

Would love to see what this one looks like.

10 minutes!?!? What are you doing sewing that thing on? I use mine all the time and it takes 2 minutes to get that thing on! In response to Hawk that it is hard to get clubs in and out, the only time I have found that to be the case is when it is on a cart and since I usually walk it is not an issue for me. But that is my experience. I will take some pictures of how it folds up and how to put it on later.

i agree with Teeth.... mine snaps right on and the rest is velcro. my putter is the only club that i sometimes have trouble with getting out but thats because its the Spider and its big so i take it out of the side and revelcro after i put it back.

Am I talking about something completely different that you guys? Is this the black zip-up cover that comes with the bag?

i agree with Teeth.... mine snaps right on and the rest is velcro. my putter is the only club that i sometimes have trouble with getting out but thats because its the Spider and its big so i take it out of the side and revelcro after i put it back.

Same here, it is my Spider that is hard to get out, but I dont have a problem with any of the other clubs.

Am I talking about something completely different that you guys? Is this the black zip-up cover that comes with the bag?

No this is the Black springloaded cover. There are no zippers on this one, thats what make it so awesome!

haha. Please ignore anything I've said here. I'm going to check one out. I play in the rain my fair share, especially spring and fall.

I'll try to get some pictures up tonight. I fiddled around with it some more and it's not as confusing as it looks. One of those things that I hope I never have to use, but nice to have just in case.

My Ogio cover snaps like most others. I can get 3 snaps in about 5 seconds but the fourth is a pain. Rain hood is just made a little too tight for the bag and it doesn't stretch well if it all. Once I get it on it works ok with the club opening etc...Not a big deal, if it rains I come home since I live less than a mile away and we really don't have tee times at the club you just show up whenever you want and play so it's no big loss to call it quits in the rain.

From the sounds of it just sounds like I got an odd one that wasn't quite right with either the rain hood or the placement of the snaps. Of course the Nova bag was discontinued about the time it came out - maybe I know why now lol.

Back