MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ranger/Tigers game 4 is delayed.....probably gonna be 2-3 hours delayed so will put it on at the same time the Cards/Brewers play. Another side note, X factor is on a 7pm, Fox so does Fox pull X Factor for MLB or will this game end up on Fox Sports Southwest cable channels????

That is really interesting. I bet it stays on Fox

I'm not sure I would be overly excited for a GM. It is much easier to win as a GM when you have an open checkbook. Which he will in Chicago, so maybe it will be a good fit. If my team has major problems, like the Cubs do, I would be more inclined to get someone like they have in Tampa or Arizona that can build a winner without having to spend.

If you had a GM who made some of the worst off-season trade decisions in baseball's recent history, you would understand. The "open checkbook" matters much less when a significant portion of that money is paying contracts of players that don't even play for your team anymore. That is what happens when you make historically terrible trades and is exactly why we needed a new GM. That is why I am "overly excited" about a new GM. And, just to be fair, the 2011 Bosox had a higher team salary than the 2011 cubbies. So maybe not quite the "open checkbook" you assumed.

Ranger/Tigers game 4 is delayed.....probably gonna be 2-3 hours delayed so will put it on at the same time the Cards/Brewers play. Another side note, X factor is on a 7pm, Fox so does Fox pull X Factor for MLB or will this game end up on Fox Sports Southwest cable channels????

It is raining here in STL right now (at my house it is, not sure what it is doing at the stadium/downtown) so Cards/Brewers may be delayed too.

Cruz in full on beast mode with another huge home run. See you in the series.

Cards Texas world series? I hope.

tapatalk addict....

Like I said that means free tickets in arlington for me :)

Great win for the cardinals. Neither of the aces had their best stuff, but our bullpen looks sharp. 2 wins away!

On a side note I will guarantee our toughest matchup of this series is tomorrow. Soft tossing Lefties are the cardinals achilles heel

Nelson F'ing Cruz does it again in the 11th - 3 run homer
Nelson F'ing Cruz throws out Cabrara in the 8th at home plate - by 3 steps
Napoli hangs on to that Cruz throw knowing he was about to be defaced
Napoli throws out Jackson stealing 2nd in the 10 with a picture perfect throw - Kinsler didn't even have to move his glove.
Elvis can run the bases

What a game last night and what a series this has been for both teams. Could easily be 3-1 Tigers with a bounce this way or a slide that way. But I think everyone can see that this Rangers team is loaded in every area and can win game many different ways. I have a feeling that there will be a game 6 back in Arlington after today but wouldn't be surprised if they give Verlander a run for his money (his ERA in the playoffs now is almost 6.00).

Baseball is dead to me now....Detroit was my only hope to have some sort of interest in baseball for the remainder of the year.....only a few hundred days until pitchers and catchers report

I'm not generally a fan, but playoff baseball is kind of intense if the local team is playing.

Kevin

I'm not generally a fan, but playoff baseball is kind of intense if the local team is playing.

Kevin

I love October baseball. It's always so intense.

It's time for the 'stache.

Kevin

Damnit, Cards. You needed to win that one. I will be at the game tomorrow night. If they aren't leading at the 7th inning stretch, I might just go bat **** and throw a hot dog.

Damnit, Cards. You needed to win that one. I will be at the game tomorrow night. If they aren't leading at the 7th inning stretch, I might just go bat **** and throw a hot dog.

Uhhh. Tiger won't be there. Will he?

Uhhh. Tiger won't be there. Will he?

Lets hope not. I will throw one at Larussa instead. Our seats are front row between home and first base so I won't have far to throw.

Was home yesterday so watch most of both games.
I have a question for Ranger fans, and I'm not intending on taking a cheap shot at the guy. I'm just interested.

Do you think CJ Wilson is a legitimate Number 1 "Ace" starting pitcher, or do you think he is a top shelf number 2?

I'm starting to think that he is a top of line number 2 guy that can be a number 1 on any given day, but I'm not sure he is a true number 1 just yet. Obviously I don't watch him game in and game out so I'm basing it off of what I've seen in the last 2 postseasons.

I've never thought CJ was a legit #1 guy. He just doesn't have the stuff. Something they need to add this off season is a big legit #1 arm.

I've never thought CJ was a legit #1 guy. He just doesn't have the stuff. Something they need to add this off season is a big legit #1 arm.

Thanks Kev. I was thinking the same thing. I think he is a solid pitcher, but I don't see him as an Ace. Not now anyway.

The Cards Brewers series is really good. You can tell that the teams know each other well. It has 7 games written all over it.

Thanks Kev. I was thinking the same thing. I think he is a solid pitcher, but I don't see him as an Ace. Not now anyway.

Solid is a good word for him. He throws a lot of... junk? I dunno but he doesnt fool or overpower hitters. So how does he get them out? Last night he didnt.

The Cards Brewers series is really good. You can tell that the teams know each other well. It has 7 games written all over it.

I think it has been a very good series so far. Since the Yanks got eliminated I am kind of routing for the Brewers, but I have nothing against the Cards. I just don't want to see the Rangers win so I don't have to listen to OEM or Bridges(if he ever comes back) hehe

Solid is a good word for him. He throws a lot of... junk? I dunno but he doesnt fool or overpower hitters. So how does he get them out? Last night he didnt.

Yeah I mean he has a good fastball in the low 90's that can hit mid 90's. Good breaking ball when it's on. When it's not you see what happens. I'm not even basing it mostly off of last night, his postseason starts in general haven't been all that phenomenal.

All that being said, he'd be a good number 2 or 3 for the Yankees hehe

Here's how I know the Cowboys are bad, people in Texas care about the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back