99srxman

@srxman STAY LEFT!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
24ish
So here's the the story we are going to Riviera Maya in feb. plan on golfing have a course all picked out problem is i want to take my clubs BUT need to buy a travel bag $ 100-200.00 and to check it on the plane is $100.00 and then its another $100.00 for 18 holes so is it worth $300+ to take my clubs. Renting is only $50.00 for a decent set but who know what that means.. So i think for now i will be going with the rentals since this year so far golf + new bag,irons,driver,range finder,lessons $3000 + this is getting to be $$$$$ THANKS FOR LETTING ME WINE :crying::crying::crying:

So here's the the story we are going to Riviera Maya in feb. plan on golfing have a course all picked out problem is i want to take my clubs BUT need to buy a travel bag $ 100-200.00 and to check it on the plane is $100.00 and then its another $100.00 for 18 holes so is it worth $300+ to take my clubs. Renting is only $50.00 for a decent set but who know what that means.. So i think for now i will be going with the rentals since this year so far golf + new bag,irons,driver,range finder,lessons $3000 + this is getting to be $$$$$ THANKS FOR LETTING ME WINE :crying::crying::crying:

Whinge away but you'll be doing from the Riveria Maya at least!

Golf is definitely expensive. For $50, you probably won't be very happy with the clubs though. I rented once this summer, and hated it. Some courses offer really nice clubs, but they are really expensive for one day.

What about shipping your clubs FedEx?

I've always rented away from home. We don't travel often, but I like the idea that my clubs are home and safe. If I play on vacation, I'm not there to shot a low score, I'm there to enjoy the place and the time there. I can get along fine a round or two with strange clubs. Kind of fun now and then to hit something different. I say save the money and rent. JMO

It depends on where I'm playing at if I bring my clubs or not. If it's just once, I'd rent unless it's a really nice well known course. Using my own clubs just makes it more enjoyable for me.

I personally wouldn't pay the $300 to take my clubs with me.

As someone else mentioned... why not ship FedEx?

You could probably ship just your clubs and borrow a bag at the course.

I wouldn't spend that kind of coin.
I also wouldn't go to Riviera Maya either..but..you didn't ask about that.

I would look into the Fedex thing, you could probably send them both ways for $100 bucks or so, otherwise I would just rent. I played early this year at a course in the Bahamas and I rented and the rental set was a almost brand new set of TM Burner 2.0's with a Rossa Daytona putter.....pretty damn good rental set!

You could also call the club and ask what they have for rental sets. Never know, it might be something you would like.

If you are only playing one round and the course rents decent clubs, then I would rent.

Thanks guys FEDEX wants get ready $478.56 to ship for that i could just go and buy a new set down there???

Any other winter get away planned for anyone .For me iam just counting the days down till feb 1.

Thanks guys FEDEX wants get ready $478.56 to ship for that i could just go and buy a new set down there???

What? WOW! I would contact another carrier then. You boxed it, weighed it and it came out to that?
We have shipped clubs all over the world including overnight full bags with staff bags and never seen a price anywhere near that. In fact I have traveled a lot this year and shipped my clubs quite a bit.

FEB 1, winter vaction for us heres the course EL MANGLER RIVERA MAYA

Depending on the course you play the rentals vary from top end to middle of the road. Also how many rounds are you playing?

probably 1 or 2 rounds the rental clubs they have are KING COBRA don't know much about???

Dude contact ups or dhl or something. You should be able to ship your clubs for 100 bucks without the bag

Back