SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

I guess Sunday will be proof in the pudding as I have a best ball match against him :thumb:

Excellent.

It's going to be like Buster vs ghsace's Chipmunk

For the record these wedges are awesome but not magical if it seemed like I believed otherwise. Last night proved I'm still a sucky sand player, though one with better results then before. We don't have a lot of sand on courses up here so I don't get much practice (LOTS of water traps instead). It's not the wedge's fault but good gosh sand is evil.

For the record these wedges are awesome but not magical if it seemed like I believed otherwise. Last night proved I'm still a sucky sand player, though one with better results then before. We don't have a lot of sand on courses up here so I don't get much practice (LOTS of water traps instead). It's not the wedge's fault but good gosh sand is evil.

I am the same way ST. The bunkers at the courses I play rarely come in to play and if I do catch one it's usually bad news for me. Just lack of practice.

I will say I have yet to not escape a bunker with the SCORs. Probably 15 in all. Most of them I threw a ball in just for testing purposes. Spin is pretty surprising out of the bunker. I just open a little and slap the club down behind the ball, works so far. Overall, my bunker shots are better than with my previous wedges.

Got some news I will share with everyone later.

Thank you sir!!!

[YOUTUBE]rj8-EHIQUMs[/YOUTUBE]

Hopefully, some of the 27 other videos I shot today are worth a darn. No promises, but I will share the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Thank you sir!!!

[YOUTUBE]rj8-EHIQUMs[/YOUTUBE]

Hopefully, some of the 27 other videos I shot today are worth a darn. No promises, but I will share the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Nice and congrats to you! and yorkem. Hopefully lots of scor talk coming!

iOS using Tapatalk

As the testing has advanced I have learned the current SCOR clubs I am using don't suit me. Within the testing thread Shawn from SCOR mentioned that it could be possible to alter my setup. Not going to share what goes on in PMs, but we were all in agreement with how to proceed. Was an agonizing thing for me personally as I take testing extremely seriously. Not a decision I took lightly at all.

If this was a test of balls I wouldn't have considered altering the conditions of the test because the balls were white and I prefer yellow. Same with an iron set. If I was testing a 3-PW set I wouldn't consider altering the parameters because I can't hit a 3 iron. The SCOR testing was slowly failing for me and rather than let it carry out to an unnecessary end we decided to change things up a bit. This is a test of the SCOR system, not some wedges. The clubs need to fit each individual golfer in order for the system to work. On an individual basis it should be clear by now the clubs are exceptional performers.

After an awesome golf conversation with Shawn my testing setup will be changed from 45 50 55 60 to 43 47 51 55 58. As to the why of those lofts that's for another time. Let me say this. If you are considering SCORs or just want some information, pick up that phone.

Just want to say I am incredibly impressed with SCOR and THP for their dedication to accurate and honest testing. Shawn has been phenomenal throughout this entire process. From his comments within this thread to his handling of my testing set he has been top shelf all the way. SCOR's and Shawn's level of service, expertise, and HONEST concern that I am in the best position to shoot better scores has been proven to me. All golf companies should care half as much as SCOR does. We'd all be better off for sure.

Eager to see some of those vids Md! Nice round as well.

That's good to hear and I am looking forward to seeing what the effects of the loft changes will be. Again, I think you're a good test case for somebody with a set of GI/Distance irons making the jump to the SCOR system.

I look forward to checking these wedges out this weekend as one-T will be in Georgia.

I hope a lot of the guys/girl take them time to hit them this weekend.

FIFY there mate.

Given OneT's reviews and TC's comments I expect OneT is going to be lights out in the short game.

Griff: I'd say that's a very fair write up. I think that with the distance the Redlines pull you're spot on about needing to adjust your wedge lofts to compensate which would also help out with the disagreement you and the 60 have (since you wouldn't reach that high in loft with gapping if you start blending lower).

I am never too good with a little added pressure. But, the SCORs will be in full effect this weekend slashing old men on the golf course

I guess Sunday will be proof in the pudding as I have a best ball match against him :thumb:

Yes it will sir!!

I'm jealous of the guys that get to try these out this weekend.

I'm jealous of the guys that get to try these out this weekend.

you should be...all my friends that have hit them have LOVED them.

As the testing has advanced I have learned the current SCOR clubs I am using don't suit me. Within the testing thread Shawn from SCOR mentioned that it could be possible to alter my setup. Not going to share what goes on in PMs, but we were all in agreement with how to proceed. Was an agonizing thing for me personally as I take testing extremely seriously. Not a decision I took lightly at all.

If this was a test of balls I wouldn't have considered altering the conditions of the test because the balls were white and I prefer yellow. Same with an iron set. If I was testing a 3-PW set I wouldn't consider altering the parameters because I can't hit a 3 iron. The SCOR testing was slowly failing for me and rather than let it carry out to an unnecessary end we decided to change things up a bit. This is a test of the SCOR system, not some wedges. The clubs need to fit each individual golfer in order for the system to work. On an individual basis it should be clear by now the clubs are exceptional performers.

After an awesome golf conversation with Shawn my testing setup will be changed from 45 50 55 60 to 43 47 51 55 58. As to the why of those lofts that's for another time. Let me say this. If you are considering SCORs or just want some information, pick up that phone.

Just want to say I am incredibly impressed with SCOR and THP for their dedication to accurate and honest testing. Shawn has been phenomenal throughout this entire process. From his comments within this thread to his handling of my testing set he has been top shelf all the way. SCOR's and Shawn's level of service, expertise, and HONEST concern that I am in the best position to shoot better scores has been proven to me. All golf companies should care half as much as SCOR does. We'd all be better off for sure.

Griff I've been following your progress real close (the other testers as well too!) mainly because we seem to share the same type of iron preference right now. I was pretty concerned about the gap that could exist with the type of irons I play and these SCOR wedges but it sounds like SCOR really makes sure it works. I can't wait to hear why you have the lofts you do but I always felt that gaps were more important than perfect spacing between lofts. Can't wait to hear more from you as this progresses.

looking forward to seeing how you do with the new set up!

this is very cool of them to do that btw. It goes to show what kind of business they run!

this is very cool of them to do that btw. It goes to show what kind of business they run!

Not only do the clubs perform One T but they care about their customers. That's huge. I'll definitely be looking at some SCOR wedges down the road.

Glad to here they worked something out with the gapping issues. After working with Terry and Eidolon I wouldn't expect anything less from SCOR. Keep us posted on when the clubs come in and how they work out!

Date: 10-13-11
Weather: 75* & cloudy, breezy with gusts to 20+
Ball: B330RX Pink
Rating/Slope: 68.8/124
Score: 86

Part 1 of 2... The front 9

I was pretty nervous getting back out on the course after my most recent round, but I knew it was time to get back on the horse. So, I went out with my expectations in the basement so as to avoid coming away with a sour taste in my mouth. As I said in the video earlier, Yorkem pointed out to me in our last round that I was not taking a full back swing. That flaw, along with a multitude of mechanical thoughts, punished me severely all that day. I was so disgusted with the entirety of my play that I did not post about it here, like I normally would.

In any case, fast forward to yesterday and I was only hopeful that I could make decent (not even 'good') contact. The first hole started out pretty rough with a pushed tee shot, a botched punch back to the fairway that ran across and into the left rough, my pitch from 85 yards clipped an overhanging branch knocking the ball down well short. Finally I chipped on, and 2 putted for a double.

#2 is a 135 yard par 3. Given the first hole I hit 9 iron instead of trying to jump on the 45*. I hit it fat, but ran just onto the front of the green. 3 putts from 60 feet for bogey.

#3 Par-4 320 yards. I went into the round thinking I wanted to try and play smarter golf, not hitting driver off nearly every tee. So I hit 4 iron and got it right in the center leaving 103 to the flag. From my uphill lie with the ball above my feet, I hit the 50* and thought I left it way short...
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]VWUZx0PgLqA[/YOUTUBE]

I was pleasantly surprised when I reached the green and found the ball 10' from the stick. 2 putts for par.

- - - As you can see in the video, the full back swing thought had not occurred yet.

#4 Par-4 340 yards. I hit a pretty ugly duck hook of the tee with the driver that ended in the left rough perched on top of a pile of dead grass clippings. Even though I was only 135 from the flag, I decided to hit a 7 iron choked all the way down to the end of the grip. This type of lie, invariably results in an awkward swing and a fat shot. Yesterday was no different, hence the 7 iron choice. I pushed the shot right, off the toe, and ended pin high but 40 yards right. I pitched on with the 60 leaving it 24' short. Two putts later I walked away with a bogey.

#5 Par-4 325 yards. The hole plays uphill for the first 75 yards or so, and ends up playing more like 350-375. My 4W tee shot was over cooked a bit and ended just into the left rough. I chose the 45* and caught it fat coming up 10 yards short.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]bbN8HBOIGvI[/YOUTUBE]
Even though I got it heavy and high on the clubface, it was dead on my target line. I'll take ten yards short on a swing like that every day of the week, as long as the direction is right. That swing was one of the first where I actually tried to put more back swing into it.

#6 Par-4 340 yards. I played a poor tee shot here followed by a crushed 4 iron from 210. The second shot plays downhill almost all the way to the green making it more like a 190-ish shot. The ball leaked right on me and went in the "bunker". I hate the traps at this course. As bad as the fairways are, the bunkers are much worse. I managed to get out of the compacted clay/sand trap with the 55 but went 21 feet passed. 2 putts for the bogey.

#7 Par-3 156 yards. The hole is uphill and plays more like 170 without wind. I hit 7 iron and caught it thin send a low screamer right at the green. I ended 10' off the back of the green, with 20' to the pin. Probably my best chip of the day left me right next to the cup for a tap in par.

#8 Par-5 420 yards. Plays a slight dogleg left due to overgrown trees. The tee shot on the hole hits into the face of a hill bringing it to an abrupt halt for all but the Belbs' of the world. I pushed mine a little right and was even shorter than normal. My 2nd was blind going over the top of the hill with bunkers guarding the left, front, and right sides of the green. The correct play for me is a layup, just for the sake of confidence. I hit my 9 iron and was left with only 40 yards to the stick over the front "bunker". I put an OK stroke on the 60* and followed it up with a 2 putt par.

#9 Par-5 516 yards. Again this is a short hole. A tee shot pulled even slightly left turns this into a double dogleg for me. Right is OB, so that's dead. This hole used to just tear me apart every time I played this course. Today the wind was actually pushing the ball into the dogleg, so I went driver off the tee and killed it.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]-qTIfw-Pkwg[/YOUTUBE]
. At 233 from the flag I had no choice but to layup. So I hit a really nice FAT 8 iron] and left myself with 123 slightly up hill to the pin. My plan was to get to the 90-ish area which is a nice 3/4 swing 50*. 123 is a full 45* so it worked out OK that way. Unfortunately I nuked it, which happens to me occasionally, and I flew the ball 10 yards too far and ended up 60' passed the hole just onto the fringe. 3 putts later I'm down for a bogey.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]i_mZsIzJqG0[/YOUTUBE]

I make the turn at 43. Considering the first hole, and some sketchy chipping I'm pretty happy.

Time for a break. The DARLING little children next door are screaming so loud outside my office window, I'm ready to brain them!

Last edited:
Nice recovery round MD...looking forward to your details on the clubs.

Part 2 of 2... The back 9
The course is only 9 holes, so I just made the circuit twice. Often I’ll play the front from the white tees, and the back from the blues just to see different yardages and get a slightly different look.
#10 was better than #1. Again, I pushed my drive but not nearly as bad. I was just into the right rough and much longer leaving myself with 86 yards to the flag. A tall pine was blocking a normal shot into the green for me so I tried to go over it with an opened up 50*.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]4UAWBTGpmIY[/YOUTUBE]

That is a shot I don’t normally try, and now you can see why. I did manage to chip on and 2 putt for bogey. I’m not sure why I still attempt shots that I know are not in the bag yet. Perhaps, I expect to pull them off from time to time. The swing I put on that ball was garbage. I slid under the ball catching the toe of the club just barely, and leaving myself not only short of the green but short of the tree as well.
#11 I tried to step on the 45 and keep it low to let it run up on the green. I left it short, but finally hit another good chip. On the down side I 2 putted from 4 feet for bogey.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]yC4JvakWeJ4[/YOUTUBE]

#12 Hit a thin 4W that never got more than 5 feet of the deck, but still went 200+ yards leaving me 96 to the stick. I wish I could come to grips with, or at least begin to understand, why I can step up to a shot with high confidence and hit the shot. While other times a shot that I should hit every time goes sideways. This was one of those inexplicably confident swings. From 96 yards playing like 105 uphill into a breeze so more like 110, I choked down two inches on my 50* (normally only good for 100 with a full swing). The green was hidden by the hill, but I ended 10’ passed the cup. 2 putts for par.

--- I really need to figure out this confidence thing. It has nothing to do with a specific club, nor does it seem to have anything to do with a certain lie. There are just those times when I know from somewhere inside myself that I can hit a shot. More on that in just a moment…

#13 I pushed my drive right again. Not a fade, or a slice, just a dead straight push. It’s my most consistent miss of late.
I left myself with 130 to the stick. Again I was in the rough, and again playing uphill. After my wedge shot on the last hole my confidence was really high. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I have no business hitting a 45* wedge from 130 uphill. Yet I had that same (perhaps overly) confident feeling again. The ball was on the stick the whole time landing about pin high and stopping 10’ passed. 2 putts again for par.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]sPOo_e3N0aY[/YOUTUBE]

#14 I managed to turn over on the tee shot and hit a nice draw finally leaving myself 83 yards to the flag. This green is always like concrete, so the ball always takes a nice big hop forward with no hope of a quick stop. So, I play for it. My confidence was through the roof with the wedges by this point so I pulled the 60. A dog would have smelled the looming disaster, but not me!!! Nope, I knew I could hit the shot. Well, I sort of figured I could… Maybe.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]VLB44vpZU4o[/YOUTUBE]

Spoiler
I edited my commentary out as this is a family site. Let’s just say I was not impressed with myself.

I chipped on with the 55 and had a lovely 3 putt from 15 feet for a 6!!!
You can probably guess, but I’ll just say it outright. My confidence was officially in ruins. I was not angry by any means (really), but that swing with the 60 took all of the moxie out of me for a while.

#15 My tee shot here was the WORST swing I put on any ball all day! I took a 4 iron wanting to make the top of the hill and be in the center. What I got was a horrible shot off the toe of the club, with an open face that was well short and 40 yards right. I was left with 200 yards to the flag downhill from the rough with the ball sitting up a little. I hit 4W 15 yards long, and 20 yards left. I bladed the chip over, and then back on to 3 feet. The one putt was bitter sweet, but given the way I played the hole I was pretty happy!

#16 Is the 156 yard uphill par 3. I used to butcher this hole every time I stepped to the tee. In the old days I had to hit 5W to have any chance of making the green. Yesterday I hit 7 iron and caught it a tad thin leaving it short and right, between the fronting bunkers. I chipped on but, well beyond the hole, leaving myself 35 feet. I 2 putted from there for bogey. Par on this hole feels like birdie for me, so I’m OK with bogey.

#17 This time around I hit my driver pretty well, finding the center of the fairway. I again played a layup leaving myself 38 yards to the cup. I was left of the front “bunker” so that was not a concern. <<You keep seeing bunker in quotes… Watch the video and you’ll understand>> I hit a lovely little pitch to pin high that trickled 8 feet to the right of the hole. 2 putts and I was in for par.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]QK2_0eyKrQI[/YOUTUBE]

#18 I played the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] OK. A little military golf if you will (left, right, left, right). I did not hit any SCOR wedges on this hole and ended the day with a bogey.
Coming in I shot another 43. Shooting an 86 (tying my best round) two weeks after shooting 115 made me feel pretty good, and pretty bad at the same time. Fortunately, I’m the type of guy that leaves the bad behind relatively quickly.

I know neither of my last two posts don’t really review the clubs but I wanted to get the round posted while it was still fresh. I have some actual thoughts on the clubs, and more specifically the grips but that will have to wait until morning.

Shake n bake Md! Nice write up!

Massive multiquote en route!

That's good to hear and I am looking forward to seeing what the effects of the loft changes will be. Again, I think you're a good test case for somebody with a set of GI/Distance irons making the jump to the SCOR system.

Right on Hawk and I hope I can properly explain the why's and how's of what brought me to this point.

Griff I've been following your progress real close (the other testers as well too!) mainly because we seem to share the same type of iron preference right now. I was pretty concerned about the gap that could exist with the type of irons I play and these SCOR wedges but it sounds like SCOR really makes sure it works. I can't wait to hear why you have the lofts you do but I always felt that gaps were more important than perfect spacing between lofts. Can't wait to hear more from you as this progresses.

You are completely right Yoccos. I am basically carrying 2 9 irons now. I didn't chose the Redlines for the added distance. I chose them for their accuracy, feel, and consistency. The added distance is actually a pain in the rear end. The design of these "distance" irons is legit. They do get the ball farther than other clubs of the same loft. I will explain how we came to my new lofts in a separate post.

looking forward to seeing how you do with the new set up!

Thanks Hanks. Already I feel exponentially more comfortable. I was quite lost on the course at times and the newer lofts will put me at ease.

They are incredible One T.

Not only do the clubs perform One T but they care about their customers. That's huge. I'll definitely be looking at some SCOR wedges down the road.

Even more right with this one Yoccos. I don't like using superlatives in testing, but SCOR deserves it based on their care for the golfer and the excellence of their product.

Glad to here they worked something out with the gapping issues. After working with Terry and Eidolon I wouldn't expect anything less from SCOR. Keep us posted on when the clubs come in and how they work out!

Glad your experiences have been similar jeremy.

Got out today with my SCOR 61 today for a quick 9 for the first time. I used it every chance I could and even some shots that I typically would not play with it I chose to.

2nd hole - 47 yards out - choke down and take a 3/4 swing. Ball flight is great and the ball hits just where the cup and pin meet for a loud clank! No idea how it did not stay in the hole but it bounces 10 feet to the right of the hole.
6th hole - 6 yards behind green with pin about 14 feet on. Nice lob shot and the ball lands just on the green and runs smoothly into the hole for a birdie.

Those were obviously abnormal highlights...also used it a few other times for lob shots around the green and knocked it within 5 feet. Also hit another little chip 25 feet past the hole when I tried to get cute opening up the face.

9th hole - 70 yards out and should be a full 61 degree. I blade the he double L out of it and it screams 65 yards past the green. 135 yards with a 61 degree wedge - oops!! HA!

Bunch of good ones and a few bad ones but I could not be happier. The turn interaction of the V-Sole is something I have needed for a LONG time! If it was not for this announced testing, I never would have heard of these and ordered them.

Playing another 18 tomorrow and sure I will try this club every chance I get again!

Part 2 of 2... The back 9
The course is only 9 holes, so I just made the circuit twice. Often I’ll play the front from the white tees, and the back from the blues just to see different yardages and get a slightly different look.
#10 was better than #1. Again, I pushed my drive but not nearly as bad. I was just into the right rough and much longer leaving myself with 86 yards to the flag. A tall pine was blocking a normal shot into the green for me so I tried to go over it with an opened up 50*.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]4UAWBTGpmIY[/YOUTUBE]

That is a shot I don’t normally try, and now you can see why. I did manage to chip on and 2 putt for bogey. I’m not sure why I still attempt shots that I know are not in the bag yet. Perhaps, I expect to pull them off from time to time. The swing I put on that ball was garbage. I slid under the ball catching the toe of the club just barely, and leaving myself not only short of the green but short of the tree as well.
#11 I tried to step on the 45 and keep it low to let it run up on the green. I left it short, but finally hit another good chip. On the down side I 2 putted from 4 feet for bogey.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]yC4JvakWeJ4[/YOUTUBE]

#12 Hit a thin 4W that never got more than 5 feet of the deck, but still went 200+ yards leaving me 96 to the stick. I wish I could come to grips with, or at least begin to understand, why I can step up to a shot with high confidence and hit the shot. While other times a shot that I should hit every time goes sideways. This was one of those inexplicably confident swings. From 96 yards playing like 105 uphill into a breeze so more like 110, I choked down two inches on my 50* (normally only good for 100 with a full swing). The green was hidden by the hill, but I ended 10’ passed the cup. 2 putts for par.

--- I really need to figure out this confidence thing. It has nothing to do with a specific club, nor does it seem to have anything to do with a certain lie. There are just those times when I know from somewhere inside myself that I can hit a shot. More on that in just a moment…

#13 I pushed my drive right again. Not a fade, or a slice, just a dead straight push. It’s my most consistent miss of late.
I left myself with 130 to the stick. Again I was in the rough, and again playing uphill. After my wedge shot on the last hole my confidence was really high. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I have no business hitting a 45* wedge from 130 uphill. Yet I had that same (perhaps overly) confident feeling again. The ball was on the stick the whole time landing about pin high and stopping 10’ passed. 2 putts again for par.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]sPOo_e3N0aY[/YOUTUBE]

#14 I managed to turn over on the tee shot and hit a nice draw finally leaving myself 83 yards to the flag. This green is always like concrete, so the ball always takes a nice big hop forward with no hope of a quick stop. So, I play for it. My confidence was through the roof with the wedges by this point so I pulled the 60. A dog would have smelled the looming disaster, but not me!!! Nope, I knew I could hit the shot. Well, I sort of figured I could… Maybe.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]VLB44vpZU4o[/YOUTUBE]

Spoiler
I edited my commentary out as this is a family site. Let’s just say I was not impressed with myself.

I chipped on with the 55 and had a lovely 3 putt from 15 feet for a 6!!!
You can probably guess, but I’ll just say it outright. My confidence was officially in ruins. I was not angry by any means (really), but that swing with the 60 took all of the moxie out of me for a while.

#15 My tee shot here was the WORST swing I put on any ball all day! I took a 4 iron wanting to make the top of the hill and be in the center. What I got was a horrible shot off the toe of the club, with an open face that was well short and 40 yards right. I was left with 200 yards to the flag downhill from the rough with the ball sitting up a little. I hit 4W 15 yards long, and 20 yards left. I bladed the chip over, and then back on to 3 feet. The one putt was bitter sweet, but given the way I played the hole I was pretty happy!

#16 Is the 156 yard uphill par 3. I used to butcher this hole every time I stepped to the tee. In the old days I had to hit 5W to have any chance of making the green. Yesterday I hit 7 iron and caught it a tad thin leaving it short and right, between the fronting bunkers. I chipped on but, well beyond the hole, leaving myself 35 feet. I 2 putted from there for bogey. Par on this hole feels like birdie for me, so I’m OK with bogey.

#17 This time around I hit my driver pretty well, finding the center of the fairway. I again played a layup leaving myself 38 yards to the cup. I was left of the front “bunker” so that was not a concern. <<You keep seeing bunker in quotes… Watch the video and you’ll understand>> I hit a lovely little pitch to pin high that trickled 8 feet to the right of the hole. 2 putts and I was in for par.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]QK2_0eyKrQI[/YOUTUBE]

#18 I played the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] OK. A little military golf if you will (left, right, left, right). I did not hit any SCOR wedges on this hole and ended the day with a bogey.
Coming in I shot another 43. Shooting an 86 (tying my best round) two weeks after shooting 115 made me feel pretty good, and pretty bad at the same time. Fortunately, I’m the type of guy that leaves the bad behind relatively quickly.

I know neither of my last two posts don’t really review the clubs but I wanted to get the round posted while it was still fresh. I have some actual thoughts on the clubs, and more specifically the grips but that will have to wait until morning.

Sorry md I had to skim a bit, i missed your results of the SCOR class you were taking. How did that turn out for you ?

Sorry md I had to skim a bit, i missed your results of the SCOR class you were taking. How did that turn out for you ?

Shark - I'm not taking a SCOR class... But I am takign a short game class at my local range. I did not update last weeks Lag putting session yet, but I will try to tonight or tomorrow. Due to my work schedule, and family commitments, I missed all of this weeks sessions which were on chipping. Since that is an area of my game that has been lacking lately, I am really bummed but it could not be helped. Hopefully, I can get at least a quicky lesson on what was covered. I am reading the Pelz Short Game Bible so I'm sure that will help as well.

Back