2012 PGA Tour Season

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I think I am more excited for the 2012 PGA tour season than any other before. The end of 2011 is giving us what I think is a preview into 2012.
Sergio is on the comeback into form mode with his win last week and a possible back to back performance if wins this week.
Rory logged a win against a limited field but showed great form while going low.
AK as we know him is showing greater form than he did a couple years ago when dubbed the next big thing.
We have a player firmly planted in the #1 position with the game and attitude to back it up.
The rookie class of 2011 is here to stay and win. The young guns are settling in nicely as well.
I expect PM and TW to have. Few wins to light the hopes of their devoted fans. Through in the likes of couples, Capt DL3 and other tour vets are we are going to look at competitive golf week in and week out for the foreseeable future.
It took a bit for this to take shape but this the tour we all want to see with such a deep well of talent.

i agree,with the up and coming lads aswell tom lewis and bud cauley i'm excited also.looks like sergio might do it aswell and i think next year he will be there abouts in the majors again....hopefully coming through and finally winning one,i reckon that would be worth a bet.

I couldnt agree with you more Tadashi! It will def be an exciting year for golf!

Fowler will get atleast 2 wins. And AK will win a major. You heard it here first

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I am excited to see how this year's group of Nationwide Tour grads do....Mostly just Jason Kokrak, JJ Kileen, and Erik Compton.

AK will come into form, I have no doubt about that. PM will win, but TW won't. I also don't think he'll do much to help the US at the Presidents Cup.

The Young Guns (Cauley, McIlroy, Bradley, Schwartzel, etc) are going to have another big year....

Those are my predictions! Can't wait for Jan. 2!!

Fowler will get atleast 2 wins. And AK will win a major. You heard it here first

I have to disagree with you there. I don't think he has the sunday staying power that guys like Rory and AK do...

Dude you just killed my thread with the TW prediction....lol

I have to disagree with you there. I don't think he has the sunday staying power that guys like Rory and AK do...

I know. But him finally getting a win will help with that. Imo

It does look to be an exciting season. Glad Sergio is playing well. Hope a few of the up and comers make a splash and I'd sure like to see TW get back into form.

Eldrick will be back!

I agree, it will be a great season next year. There are a lot of young / new players that are really coming into their game as well as the seasoned vet's that you can never count out. I think there is a lot of excitement over a lot of the players and will help get TV coverage on the major networks.

This is the year that the PGA can make rules changes. There is some talk about not allowing the long putter to touch the body. Maybe its just talk but if it becomes reality how do you think it will effect next season?

Eldrick will be back. But will Tiger be back?
Tiger will not be back. The way he played this year, I don't see him winning a tournament. But Eldrick will be trying. hehehe

Tiger will not be back. The way he played this year, I don't see him winning a tournament. But Eldrick will be trying. hehehe

hahahah yup. Completely agree.

I agree that the 2012 season should be very fun to watch. Lots of changing of the guard taking place right now. Out with some of the old, and in with the new. Lots of good young US guys coming up.

Tadashi...

I am also looking very forward to the 2012 season! I hope the US/euro rivalry builds even more on the PGA tour, and I think the youngins are going to kick even more butt!

That's only the third straight year we've heard this... I wonder when it will actually happen. I'm pumped to see how Tiger comes back after practicing hard all winter. And Phil is going downhill. It's okay though because he had his prime. He's still my favorite, but the new big time lefty on Tour is Bubba. Phil will still get out and please his fans by being nice, bombing drives, and hitting crazy wedge shots. Love that guy.

How about 4! Go big or Go home. Literally.

haha I'll be happy with just one. And build from there.
-I think the 2012 will be the last season for the belly putter(unless they get rid of it this off season)
-Europeans will win two majors
-US wins ryder cup
-the 2012 season will be top notch fun, not as many first time winner though I think, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I think 2012 will be very exciting. The vacuum created the last two years due to TW's physical/athletic absence and Phil's decline really allowed some other guys to step up and become mainstream names. I think this has created a situation where the average golf fan is now familiar with more players outside the top 10 than in a long time. I know there is hardly a Sunday at any tournament now where I can't find a storyline to follow somewhere on the leaderboard.

How about 4! Go big or Go home. Literally.

I will videotape myself eating a rock mountain oyster if fowler wins 4 PGA sanctioned events in calendar year 2012. Not gonna happen.

I will videotape myself eating a rock mountain oyster if fowler wins 4 PGA sanctioned events in calendar year 2012. Not gonna happen.

I don't really like Ricky, but now I want to see him win the first 4 of the year. This would be funny.

This year ought to be a real testiment to 'the new' vs. 'the old' ...or at least we can hope. I may be of the dissenting opinion here...but I would like to see Tiger win so everyone can go back to talking about golf instead of worry so much about what he is doing all of the time.

Back