2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

Damn. Da-yam! This looks great and the video was really useful JB, thanks for putting it up there.

Talk about a pleasant surprise after being out of the country for all of October and missing this thread until now. That FW must be great for off the turf.

That was a pretty cool way to test this club. I have to admit, I quite like that FL 3wood, but if I have a weakness when it comes to equipment, it's with the 3woods. I still don't know why, but I churn through them. Perhaps it's b/c I use them so much. I love the FL off the tee, but boy, it's not all that dependable off the deck. It sounds like the Mashie FW is! I hate that it's going to be months before this thing can be OEM'd. I believe I would buy one right now if I had the option.

That was a pretty cool way to test this club. I have to admit, I quite like that FL 3wood, but if I have a weakness when it comes to equipment, it's with the 3woods. I still don't know why, but I churn through them. Perhaps it's b/c I use them so much. I love the FL off the tee, but boy, it's not all that dependable off the deck. It sounds like the Mashie FW is! I hate that it's going to be months before this thing can be OEM'd. I believe I would buy one right now if I had the option.

I know I would and pretty sure Kevin would as well.

I feel the same way TC. I have been pondering a 3W a lot lately. I love my M1, but have been struggling off the tee with it. I have no problems off the deck, but off the tee I get the lefts. Maybe I should just hit it if off the deck on tee shots with it. I can't wait to get the Mashie 3W in my hands. I think I am going to love it.

I feel the same way TC. I have been pondering a 3W a lot lately. I love my M1, but have been struggling off the tee with it. I have no problems off the deck, but off the tee I get the lefts. Maybe I should just hit it if off the deck on tee shots with it. I can't wait to get the Mashie 3W in my hands. I think I am going to love it.

I bet you hit it further than the M1 as well. It's such a cool concept of a golf club. 3wood loft in a shorter actual length should equate to some seriously good accuracy.

I bet you hit it further than the M1 as well. It's such a cool concept of a golf club. 3wood loft in a shorter actual length should equate to some seriously good accuracy.

I hope so. I would like a bit more length than the M1. I have always thought it didn't roll out as much as most 3w and that was the reason for being shorter.

Sounds like Mashie Mania part 2 is slowly building...LOL

I think we should bring the Mashie testers from last year back for a Mashie 2.0 testing. That would be awesome!

I hope so. I would like a bit more length than the M1. I have always thought it didn't roll out as much as most 3w and that was the reason for being shorter.

I think we should bring the Mashie testers from last year back for a Mashie 2.0 testing. That would be awesome!

An excellent idea!!!!!! :banana:

BINGO! I like that concept a ton. 3w used to be my go to club but I am struggling with it now.....think I used all of the good shots it had in it. This club can't be available soon enough.

I am thinking of looking at the F5 (18*) when it becomes available to add to my bag. I am thinking this as it might be easier to hit off the deck than lower lofted clubs. With all the success JB is having with the 14* off the deck I am now starting to consider the F2(15.5*) I liked the F3 cause it was the exact same length as my M3 so the learning curve would be easier in my mind.

Another round will be played tomorrow with this one in the bag and forum member SW will get a chance to try it out as well.

Another round will be played tomorrow with this one in the bag and forum member SW will get a chance to try it out as well.

Looking forward to more feedback on the Mashie, but from what I've seen and read, it seems like it's a keeper already for you JB.

Another round and another round of smiles. This club seriously changes the way I can play the game. SW got a taste of it today as well (only a couple of swings), but for me, this is an absolute game changer. Off the tee, off the fairway, out of the rough....Nothing seems to phase it.

Another round and another round of smiles. This club seriously changes the way I can play the game. SW got a taste of it today as well (only a couple of swings), but for me, this is an absolute game changer. Off the tee, off the fairway, out of the rough....Nothing seems to phase it.

Nice to hear JB. Do you feel like you are looking for situations to use it? As in using it way more than any other time you normally would?

As expected, JB has me with club envy. Spring 2012 is too far away.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Nice to hear JB. Do you feel like you are looking for situations to use it? As in using it way more than any other time you normally would?

Yes. Funny story. Today on the 3rd hole (par 3 with a distance of 180 yards all water to carry, I hit my normal shot and hit it well. Left about a 15 foot birdie putt. However then I had to try it with this one. Moved my hands down and took about a half swing. Still hit it too long, but it was a fun experiment. I find myself hitting more 3 woods than I ever did in the past.

Yes. Funny story. Today on the 3rd hole (par 3 with a distance of 180 yards all water to carry, I hit my normal shot and hit it well. Left about a 15 foot birdie putt. However then I had to try it with this one. Moved my hands down and took about a half swing. Still hit it too long, but it was a fun experiment. I find myself hitting more 3 woods than I ever did in the past.

Awesome. Absolutely need to test it out from time to time. I love when you have complete and utter confidence in a club from pretty much everywhere on the course (or so I've read about hahaha)

Interesting hole to hit the Mashie on, cool experiment though. Did you hit the green and go long, or fly it completely?

Interesting hole to hit the Mashie on, cool experiment though. Did you hit the green and go long, or fly it completely?

Flew it completely.

I am feeling the same level of excitement I was feeling when the Mashie hybrids were first spoken about here. Very much looking forward to checking this club out.

I have never seen someone so ecstatic about a golf club as I did today. JB is not exaggerating one bit about the mashie fwy, it really is a game changer in his hands. There were some shots today that really impressed me, its legit.

What I really enjoyed was the glider-rails, especially from a fairway lie this is a neat feature to have. Also the sound is just addictive, a wonderful thwack.

I wish I had hit it more than I did, especially after getting loosened up on the course. Hit a lot of 4 woods off the tee, so I'm kicking myself for not trying this one instead of mine. Hopefully I can give this one a go a few more times. There will be quite a few people banging this one for sure.

--
tapatalk

Thanks for your thoughts, sounds like an awesome tool for your game!! A lot of comparison's have been made on this vs the FL woods, but was wondering if you could compare the Mashie FW to your hybrid mashie? With the same length and weight shaft as the hybrids, how is it off the deck, length and ball flight compared to the mashie hybrid?

Thanks for your thoughts, sounds like an awesome tool for your game!! A lot of comparison's have been made on this vs the FL woods, but was wondering if you could compare the Mashie FW to your hybrid mashie? With the same length and weight shaft as the hybrids, how is it off the deck, length and ball flight compared to the mashie hybrid?

Its longer for me distance wise. Its hard to compare because they are different clubs. But turf interaction is equal and the ease of use is similar.

Back