The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
in comes Flynn...

So much for this being a close game, huh?

this is getting silly

What's the score now? I went to bed a while ago because I got bored.

Wow. I went upstairs maybe 15-20 minutes ago and it was 24-7. Way to go Vikings. Lol

It's okay, around here, all we have to ask is "how about that dream team?" :D

Go Pack Go! Gap

So how cold will it be in Indianapolis in feb????
397856780.jpg

Schaub is out this week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

So how cold will it be in Indianapolis in feb????
397856780.jpg

I'm very much a Packers fan. But two things: first don't put the cart before the horse. Everyone here has a long memory when it comes to sports related smack talk. Second, if you're going to talk trash about a future Super Bowl victory for the Packers, at least get a picture of Woodson holding the Lombardi trophy, not the conference championship trophy. Weak sauce man.

Last edited:
Schaub is out this week.

Bye week for HOU, Schuab will be out indefinitely with possible season ending foot ops.

TC's declared "best" team in Texas just lost its starting QB for the year. Hello Matt Leinert! Handing the ball over to Leinert midseason is never a good thing. I will say this, if he ever has a chance at resurrecting his career this would be it. A good running game and one of the best WR's in the game coming back soon. Here is your chance Matt.
Schuab is the weakest part of the Texans team (quote that from a Texan fan). Leinert was successful with a monster running game which opened up play action at USC (34-2). Texans passing game is built on play action and naked bootlegs. If ever Leinert had a chance to be successful, now is certainly the time.

He steps into spot with the AFC's top rated team (ESPN). And arguably the best offensive line in the AFC. He'll be getting Andre Johnson back and supposidly at 100%. Leinert should see man-to-man coverage on Jacoby Jones often, so we'll see.

Schaub is out this week.

Possibly the year.

Schuab is the weakest part of the Texans team (quote that from a Texan fan). Leinert was successful with a monster running game which opened up play action at USC (34-2). Texans passing game is built on play action and naked bootlegs. If ever Leinert had a chance to be successful, now is certainly the time.

He steps into spot with the AFC's top rated team (ESPN). And arguably the best offensive line in the AFC. He'll be getting Andre Johnson back and supposidly at 100%. Leinert should see man-to-man coverage on Jacoby Jones often, so we'll see.
I dont think there is anyway possible to talk up Lienart coming in over Schaub. Say what you will about his days at USC, but in the NFL, he has been less than mediocre. He had Fitz in Arizona and could barely manage to get him the ball.

I dont think there is anyway possible to talk up Lienart coming in over Schaub. Say what you will about his days at USC, but in the NFL, he has been less than mediocre. He had Fitz in Arizona and could barely manage to get him the ball.
Hard to get the ball to someone when you're counting ceiling tiles from your back.

Not talking up Leinert, I'm simply saying if he EVER was going to be an NFL QB, this is his moment. He'll have NO EXCUSES after this run. He's got a great running game behind him, great line in front, an All-Star wide out, and some pretty sure handed TEs.

What I meant by the USC stuff is that this offense runs similar to the USC offense he succeeded in. The QB position has been the weakest position this season for the Texans offensively, IMO. Schuab IMO is directly responsible for the loss to the Ray-Dahs when he clearly should have tucked the ball and loped into the endzone..instead....INT.

Hard to get the ball to someone when you're counting ceiling tiles from your back.

Not talking up Leinert, I'm simply saying if he EVER was going to be an NFL QB, this is his moment. He'll have NO EXCUSES after this run. He's got a great running game behind him, great line in front, an All-Star wide out, and some pretty sure handed TEs.

What I meant by the USC stuff is that this offense runs similar to the USC offense he succeeded in. The QB position has been the weakest position this season for the Texans offensively, IMO. Schuab IMO is directly responsible for the loss to the Ray-Dahs when he clearly should have tucked the ball and loped into the endzone..instead....INT.

Whether or not he succeeds, Im not sure you can say it was the O-Line in AZ that led to his dismissal. Seem to remember another QB coming in there with virtually that same offense and doing rather well in taking over for him.

Whether or not he succeeds, Im not sure you can say it was the O-Line in AZ that led to his dismissal. Seem to remember another QB coming in there with virtually that same offense and doing rather well in taking over for him.

Their line isn't great now but it was really good then. From what the local newspapers said (I didnt really follow the Cardinals near as close as the Bears) he was lazy. I'm not sure much has changed. But he really has a great thing he is stepping into. I'm not sure what to expect.

I think he had Boldin there too correct? Oh well, he sure could fill a hot tub with AZ's finest coeds though

Possibly the year.

Oh, maybe you forgot his name...watch the HOF announcements in a couple of years and maybe you'll remember! :D

No doubt Warner succeeded. I agree with what you said, only I would add that Leinert played originally for Green whereas Warner played under Whisenhunt and was 8-8 in 2007 and 9-7 in 2008 (Superbowl appearance). Kurt Warner was 5-11 under Dennis Green in as the starter 2005.

Please know I'm not promoting Matt Leinert in any way. I don't know if winning 6 games (if they were to win out) makes a success.

I think he had Boldin there too correct? Oh well, he sure could fill a hot tub with AZ's finest coeds though

He did, and could do nothing. IMO, the problem with Lienart is that he is perfectly content to sit on the sidelines and collect a paycheck. He doesnt seem to care if he plays or not.

Sucks for Schaub and the Texans. Certainly opens things up a little in the AFC South for the Titans. Alas, the Jaguars have no offense to compete or they could be in it as well as the defense is playing. The Titans are just so up and down this year it would be hard to pick them even if the Texans don't have Schaub. At least the Texans defense and running game can probably limp them home with another few wins at minimum regardless of how the QB plays and get them the division title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back