Future of Product Testing on THP

I don't see anything wrong with people signing up because they want to test something out. If they want to stick around they will and in most cases they'll be waiting for awhile before they are chosen. New members are a good thing.

What about a break for the whole thing? 2012 was a huge year for THP but maybe a break could work?

Or maybe Let the staffers do the testing and then send it off to selected people who sign up(like the recycled program we're trying now)

I'm just brainstorming so sorry

I dont like ANY of this! First off....when your business is doing well, you dont stop sselling your product because you have a few bad sales reps.

2nd...not fair to the staffers. they work hard and part of the thank you from THP is the equipment. These guys dont get paid to do their reviews. So, now you want them to do a review then hand it to captain auto-pick? No way...thats a slap in the face of the staffers. When you properly test equipment it takes a lot of work.

Or maybe Let the staffers do the testing and then send it off to selected people who sign up?

That might be a solid idea. Have review testing turn into a long-term individual testing of sorts.

The testers get to keep some or certain equipment as far as I know, so as long as they dont mind. It is their reward to keep equipment.

I dont like ANY of this! First off....when your business is doing well, you dont stop sselling your product because you have a few bad sales reps.

2nd...not fair to the staffers. they work hard and part of the thank you from THP is the equipment. These guys dont get paid to do their reviews. So, now you want them to do a review then hand it to captain auto-pick? No way...thats a slap in the face of the staffers. When you properly test equipment it takes a lot of work.

couldn't have said it better myself

But that could be what draws them in, not what keeps them around.

I don't see anything wrong with people signing up because they want to test something out. If they want to stick around they will and in most cases they'll be waiting for awhile before they are chosen. New members are a good thing.

Maybe I am not expressing myself well and I apologize for that. I agree new members are good and vital for any organization or group. What I am saying is that the "right" member will always be preferred in my opinion. THe one that is active in several threads and does not join and then only shows up in every thread trying to get in on free product testing and never contributes to any other part of the site.

That might be a solid idea. Have review testing turn into a long-term individual testing of sorts.

The testers get to keep some or certain equipment as far as I know, so as long as they dont mind. It is their reward to keep equipment.

while we are at it, lets make the MC 2.0 people have to pass their equipment down as well.

No one said making a rule about anything. All I said is that it could work, if the testers gave the nod. If they didnt, then its a no go. I understand how hard the testing process is and I understand how the testers deserve to keep their equipment. I would never insinuate otherwise.

while we are at it, lets make a rule that the MC 2.0 people have to pass their equipment down as well.

No one said making a rule about anything. All I said is that it could work, if the testers gave the nod. If they didnt, then its a no go. I understand how hard the testing process is and I understand how the testers deserve to keep their equipment. I would never insinuate otherwise.

ok, I edited my last post. I worded it wrong.

I dont think its right to put the staffers in that position. if they give it the nod? and if they dont...are people gonna be pissed that they said no. Then the staffers come on here wondering if people hate them because they werent willing to part with something. In the end....and I will say it again. ITS NOT FAIR TO THE STAFFERS!!! I am not even a staffer and I can see this.

Who would want the equipment that they don't give a nod too? I would think they didn't like it or it sucked if they wanted to get rid of it. I don't like this idea at all.

Who would want the equipment that they don't give a nod too? I would think they didn't like it or it sucked if they wanted to get rid of it. I don't like this idea at all.

I think you read hi spost wrong. He is saying that if the staffers are ok with getting rid of the equipment. Not if they liked it or not

ok, I edited my last post. I worded it wrong.

I dont think its right to put the staffers in that position. if they give it the nod? and if they dont...are people gonna be pissed that they said no. Then the staffers come on here wondering if people hate them because they werent willing to part with something. In the end....and I will say it again. ITS NOT FAIR TO THE STAFFERS!!! I am not even a staffer and I can see this.

Youre right. Id hate to see that become an expectation of staffers to pass along equipment.

make a group of testers along with the team THP. There are people here you KNOW you can trust. In the end, its your business and you need to do whats best for YOUR business!

I have thought this for a while as well, but I believe it could possibly lead to less member signups? I know there are always the "sign up for testing then dissapear new members", but at the same time there are a good bit of those new members who become a member for testing, then stick around and become part of the community.

If people are here long enough they will become people that JB and GG KNOW they can trust, so the list will always be expanding. I am a perfect example of this. 8 months ago I was just Chunky's friend. Now I have been to an outing, am scheduled to go to another, was a huge supporter of TMC, have signed up for TMC 2.0, and oh by the way, was trusted to test TM Burner 2.0 irons. I would think that I now fall in to the group that JB and GG know they can trust, and it just comes from being genuine, and staying involved as much as you can. This should give newbies that want to test some hope that they can get in this group of people, but it is not something that can be done in 1 month by having 1000 posts. Show some commitment to JB, GG, and THP, and perhaps in time you will be rewarded with the opportunity to test an item for the rest of the forum. Then work your butt off to show that trust was not misguided.

Why not just include them every time? (dont know if staffers are included every time or not) That way THP knows they get their person to review stuff. I'm just saying maybe the equipment shouldn't be kept anymore? Sure it's nice and we all want free stuff but if it's best for THP isn't that what we want?

I'm just thinking outloud, just thinking of ideas

I dont think thats fair. Testing isnt about free equipment. Its not free. People put tons of time and effort into it.. Giving it back means they receive nothing for their time.

Why not just include them every time? (dont know if staffers are included every time or not) That way THP knows they get their person to review stuff. I'm just saying maybe the equipment shouldn't be kept anymore? Sure it's nice and we all want free stuff but if it's best for THP isn't that what we want?

You think the people that disappear and don't potst anything are going to return the equipment?

The problem is that there's no way to stop somebody from keeping it. We have people that we allowed to keep it and just decided to stop posting.

I dont think thats fair. Testing isnt about free equipment. Its not free. People put tons of time and effort into it.. Giving it back means they receive nothing for their time.

now your getting it bro

I want to reiterate the fact that we know things come up in people's lives. We have seen some great members and supporters of this site move on for whatever reason or find that they are just too busy with family and life to continue to be here. I respect and totally understand that. What I don't understand is how when that happens, a simple message saying "It might be a couple of weeks between my updates right now as something has come up" is never used. I like to think we are pretty understanding. However when messages are sent weeks ago to rectify this to multiple testers and they agree to change it and do for a few days, then fall behind for weeks again it is a problem. Its a problem we are lucky to have in a way, because it means that forum testing is still ongoing and that the companies supplying these goods are paying attention to what is written.

But its a problem that will end badly if it is not rectified. We had 2 hybrids/FW woods go missing in one test. We had 2 sets of irons go missing in another test. Now we have 1 set of irons go missing and another go weeks between posts in another test. You can understand the frustration to some levels. We know that everybody gets tied up and that in this day and age with this economy that things can get a little hairy and dicey. Just remember that we are here and understanding. Send us a message and let us know what is going on, respond to messages that get sent asking a question and last but not least, if you cannot fulfill your duties, please return the goods or rectify the situation by getting back to it.

Everybody has things come up, it is all about communication and how it is handled. If you hear from us, its because we are hearing it from elsewhere. Help us help you so that testing can continue.

If people are here long enough they will become people that JB and GG KNOW they can trust, so the list will always be expanding. I am a perfect example of this. 8 months ago I was just Chunky's friend. Now I have been to an outing, am scheduled to go to another, was a huge supporter of TMC, have signed up for TMC 2.0, and oh by the way, was trusted to test TM Burner 2.0 irons. I would think that I now fall in to the group that JB and GG know they can trust, and it just comes from being genuine, and staying involved as much as you can. This should give newbies that want to test some hope that they can get in this group of people, but it is not something that can be done in 1 month by having 1000 posts. Show some commitment to JB, GG, and THP, and perhaps in time you will be rewarded with the opportunity to test an item for the rest of the forum. Then work your butt off to show that trust was not misguided.

Well said!!

Let me ask this then- this is with no attitude but just a question I just have to get this out there....

Would you rather want forum testing continue and eventually get disbanded because of missing equipment/lack of review quality(which I seriously doubt would happen)
or
Would you rather see more people get a testing opportunity(recycling the equipment) which then allows more people to show that they can give reviews.

Trust me I understand that it takes months and hard work and commitment but would if this continues, things don't seem to be going that right, I know we can't trust everyone to send the clubs to the next person but that could involve JB/GG choosing the right people at the right time. I'm just throwing this out there like I have said, I want what's best for THP I love this place and would think this stuff is just a 2011 issue and we as a whole can move past it. I know JB/GG have the right intentions and hope we can improve things.

I hate this thread... I don't understand how someone can see this as anything else but theft.

I'm a staffer. If something doesn't work for me, I always hit JB up and tell him so and ask him what he wants me to do. He usually says to send it back and they'll send it back to the company. I can think of only a couple of forum testers who have openly said something wasn't the best for them and they hit up JB and did the same.

I love forum testing. I love that it brings in new people but this is becomming a problem and is negatively affecting the way that JB and GG run a business. If they need to create a panel of folks who have PROVEN they are reliable, then so be it. I can personally tell you that they take risks with who they select, and they love to share the wealth (find an example where they haven't.........you can't). When their reputations are on the line, something has to change.

I'm proud of One-T, he's bringing some great points to this discussion.

Back