Callaway RAZR X Black Driver

Motore shaft looks great

I like the looks of it overall. The Red and black go nicely together, but I'm Not sure I like all the stuff going on on the crown, but without having it in MY hands it is hard to say.

Last edited:
I like the red lines quite a bit. The Taylormade burner 2.0 from Japan that I have has the same red lines actually and they're nicely for alignment. I dislike the composite crown graphics showing through a fair bit though.

I, like Dead am very happy they gave us a true hosel here. Both for shaft changes but mostly for the weight placement in the head. I'm not sure how close this is to the Octane but for me there was a massive difference between the standard and tour models in terms of the head weight and how it felt. Hopefully this feels more like the Tour model of last year.

After looking at the Callaway Au website maybe it will fall somewhere in between both models of the Octane from last year. The Octane was offered in 9.5/10.5 square and 11.5/13.5 1* closed while the Black is offered in 8.5*/9.5* 1* open, 10.5* square and 11.5/13.5 1* closed. Hopefully that will be the same specs offered in the US.

No kidding when I say I've popped in this thread several times today just to look at those pics. I'm quite enamored with the looks of this club. Granted me and the razr weren't best of friends at first, but a huge part of me wants to unleash on some balls with this beauty.

--
tapatalk

This club looks like it has really quite a shallow face. I wonder how it actually compares to others though.

Face depth looks similar to the Edge and Octane, so I'm not worried about that. I'm really glad they made the sole look so good. I know you don't see it at address, but it's a huge improvement over the Octane in my opinion.

Face depth looks similar to the Edge and Octane, so I'm not worried about that. I'm really glad they made the sole look so good. I know you don't see it at address, but it's a huge improvement over the Octane in my opinion.

I gotta agree with you on the sole on this club Hawk. I am not a fan of the looks of the sole of my Octane, so this is quite the improvement.

I gotta agree with you on the sole on this club Hawk. I am not a fan of the looks of the sole of my Octane, so this is quite the improvement.

The more I look at it, the more I like it.

I agree with you here. I've come back a few times to look at the pics and it's growing one me. I definately like the looks of it by now. An improvement over the Octane IMO.

I really like the looks of both the Callaway offerings this year. Now i want to see how these stack up against the two new Clevelands and the Bridgestone J40.

Big improvement over the Octane in looks for sure. It sounds like the performance is there as well and you can't beat the price. This one could be a big winner for Cally! Some may not know that the Edge won the THP driver shootout in 2010. This seems to consistently end up being a good line for many people.

The crown is almost identical to the Octane. Stop by the store and check it out. The lines do kind of create an alignment aid, at least they did for me.

About the only differences between the crown on the Black and my Octane is they have taken out some of the lines on where the diffent or flake are at and the lines that are red on this head are grey on my Octane. I really like the looks of this crown compared to my driver. As for using the red lines as an alingment aide I have not done that with my driver, but the red ones would definiatly make is easier to use as an alingment aid.

Great looking package here, the driver head, the shaft, even the head cover looks good. Gotta check this one out when it becomes available.

When I first saw the pic of this when JB started the thread I thought it was ugly. Those red lines were a real turn off for me. However I've popped back into the thread a few times today and each time the looks grow on me a little. It's certainly one that I would like to try. I have the burner superfast at the moment which has a big red circle of no use on the crown and after swinging it a few times you don't even notice it anyway.

I really hope this one makes an appearance on Sat, it seems to have an "it" factor for me.

--
tapatalk

Hello Callaway Black Driver, I'm watching you!

You know what I meant you silly Dean.

true I did.
I think those Callaway staffers will really like the looks and performance of this driver.

true I did.
I think those Callaway staffers will really like the looks and performance of this driver.

Its at the top of my list I do believe. Gonna have to hit them though.

Hello Callaway Black Driver, I'm watching you!

I'm watching you watching it, and I don't like some of the eye gestures you've been giving out good sir.

On a serious note, I'm infatuated with this one, and I'm not one to swap drivers a lot.

Alright! Callaway RAZR X Black Driver! Bomb it down the fairway *******! lol
but seriously, that thing looks serious as all get out. ready aim fire with that sucker.

Here is a sweet video I saw about the Callaway Black Driver. I think it has some info about the irons, but really great info about the driver. This makes me really interested in it.

Thanks for posting that DMB, I really really like the look of this driver, and if its an option in the MC 2.0 this very likely is my gamer.

Thanks for posting that DMB, I really really like the look of this driver, and if its an option in the MC 2.0 this very likely is my gamer.

I thought it looked really nice too.

Back