My new Ping K15 driver

One thing I have found with my K15 is it's very sensitive to tee height, moreso than other drivers I have used. Water tower high and the K15 becomes a driving wedge. Low and it goes real low. Top of ball a hair above the crown and it's perfect.

One thing I have found with my K15 is it's very sensitive to tee height, moreso than other drivers I have used. Water tower high and the K15 becomes a driving wedge. Low and it goes real low. Top of ball a hair above the crown and it's perfect.

and when you say, 'a hair above the crown' .... is that at the center point of the face or out at the toe ? As you know the toe is higher than the center point so that will make a difference. Thanks Griff !!!!

Griff - THANKS for the feedback on this. A lot of the time (in the past, getting better and the K15 is HELPING) I don't approach the tee box with the utmost confidence. As such I don't (haven't) adjust the height of the ball. Been hitting it like I described for years.

Now with your feedback I'm gonna give it a try with this K15 and move it down as you describe. I know going higher is no good.

I'll be sure to included my findings on this the next time I come back from practice ... dang I want to go ck it out RIGHT NOW !!! :blob:

and when you say, 'a hair above the crown' .... is that at the center point of the face or out at the toe ? As you know the toe is higher than the center point so that will make a difference. Thanks Griff !!!!

Griff - THANKS for the feedback on this. A lot of the time (in the past, getting better and the K15 is HELPING) I don't approach the tee box with the utmost confidence. As such I don't (haven't) adjust the height of the ball. Been hitting it like I described for years.

Now with your feedback I'm gonna give it a try with this K15 and move it down as you describe. I know going higher is no good.

I'll be sure to included my findings on this the next time I come back from practice ... dang I want to go ck it out RIGHT NOW !!! :blob:

Just play with it until you find the right height, whatever that may be. For me it would be in the middle of the face so probably the highest point of the crown. And great writeup by the way. Liking your experience with the K15!

The sounds of the K15

Thought yall might like to hear this driver .... me, I like the sound, A LOT

It's FAR FAR better sounding than that HiBore that I replace, FAR BETTER.
This thing is like music to my ears

Diggin the write ups omikey!!! I really liked this club alot but I don't know if the shaft was right for me. I've seen some hit with the stock shaft and just nail it! Good contact too dude.

Excellent write ups omikey! The more this thread keeps popping up, the more I'm thinking about how well I hit the G20 when I tried it out....got me pondering some Ping!

Diggin the write ups omikey!!!

Thanks Yoccos !!

I really liked this club alot but I don't know if the shaft was right for me. I've seen some hit with the stock shaft and just nail it! Good contact too dude.

So far, the stock shaft is working alright for me ... is it the best that I can get from the head .... I'm not so sure that it is. I think there's a shaft out there that's more suited to my swing than this one. Time will tell.

Excellent write ups omikey!

Thank you Paulo !!

The more this thread keeps popping up, the more I'm thinking about how well I hit the G20 when I tried it out....got me pondering some Ping!

This diver, and the G20 irons I got are the first Ping stuff for me. I'm LIKING them A LOT !!
I tried the G20 driver, and I liked it too! but did better with the K15 as I'm not the best at getting back to square with the driver. I can slice ANY driver, at will, and most of the time against my will too :laughing:

Nice vid omikey! love it!

I had to choose between the G20 and the K15 and opted for the G20 in the hopeful believe that I can fix my swing and get back to square. I did great with the G20 when I had them both with the fitter, but it has been a little harder since then, though the swing seems to be coming around (or at least in...)

I had to choose between the G20 and the K15 and opted for the G20 in the hopeful believe that I can fix my swing and get back to square. I did great with the G20 when I had them both with the fitter, but it has been a little harder since then, though the swing seems to be coming around (or at least in...)

Good luck with it TurboSam! PING makes great clubs!

Good luck with it Sam !!
I'm still liking my K15 ! If my swing ever changes to where I start hooking it then I'd consider something like the G20 :act-up:
I'm remain challenged to get it around to square. Not sure that that the lil extra length isn't part of the challenge .... But I'm willing to keep working with it. It's sure SWEET when you tag it :banana:

Good luck with it Sam !!
I'm still liking my K15 ! If my swing ever changes to where I start hooking it then I'd consider something like the G20 :act-up:
I'm remain challenged to get it around to square. Not sure that that the lil extra length isn't part of the challenge .... But I'm willing to keep working with it. It's sure SWEET when you tag it :banana:

I think you hit it well my friend, I have no idea why you would consider any change at this time. If your swing changes enough to need a new driver I think you and your regular playing partners will know it.

I think you hit it well my friend, I have no idea why you would consider any change at this time. If your swing changes enough to need a new driver I think you and your regular playing partners will know it.

Thanks for the nice words DawgDaddy ! I'm gonna game it til I wear the face out :laughing:

Congrats on your new driver! I have hit this stick and it is quite long, I have trouble hooking the ball so it wasn't working great for me. When I hit it straight it was very long enjoy it.

I am seriously pondering this driver after I hit it today on a simulator and alternated it with my Titleist 910D2. My spin numbers were much better and my distance was 10-15 yards longer, which is insane.

Lovely pics...enjoy your new gun!!

Keep in mind that the shaft is 45.75". I choke down a little for more accuracy. I put my thumb on the "P". I've gotten 240+ with the G20. It's my best club in my bag!

Having now hit the K15 driver 3 different times at 2 different stores with launch monitors, I broke down and bought one of these drivers today. The spin number decreases and the distance increases were too much to ignore. Now I'll have to sell my 910D2 that I was perfectly happy with until a couple of weeks ago. It just didn't measure up on the monitors.

Having now hit the K15 driver 3 different times at 2 different stores with launch monitors, I broke down and bought one of these drivers today. The spin number decreases and the distance increases were too much to ignore. Now I'll have to sell my 910D2 that I was perfectly happy with until a couple of weeks ago. It just didn't measure up on the monitors.

Hope it works well for you. I know for me, the K15 has been the best driver I have ever owned. Long enough and just dead straight all the time. I hit a large number of fairways with mine.

I think it will. Plus if the miss with this driver is a draw that would be nice since I used to have a draw but gave up the game for 5 years and when I came back I've been fighting a fade/slice ever since. Apparently I forgot how to swing. It would be nice to be able to aim down the right side of the fairway and let it go like in the olden days.

The K15 is my current driver. I have a C Kua senior flex shaft with International Flex Code 3110, which is the same flex code that happens to be the R flex for the Cleveland Black driver. I hit the K15 with greater center contact consistency than my former driver, the SuperTri. The K15 has helped me lessen my moderate fade, and has given me greater distance in the 10-15 yard range.

WHOOOOT !! Good Luck ! I hope it works as well for you on the course as it did on the monitors!

Hope it works well for you. I know for me, the K15 has been the best driver I have ever owned. Long enough and just dead straight all the time. I hit a large number of fairways with mine.
Mine too ! I hit more fairways than I ever have. I now am far more away of how bad some other parts of my game are LOL. My two strengths now are driving and putting .... lot of improvement in the middle needs to be taken care of.

I think it will. Plus if the miss with this driver is a draw that would be nice since I used to have a draw but gave up the game for 5 years and when I came back I've been fighting a fade/slice ever since. Apparently I forgot how to swing. It would be nice to be able to aim down the right side of the fairway and let it go like in the olden days.
Since I've always been a fader/slicer I've never experienced that, but it sounds SOOOOOOO GOOD !!

The K15 is my current driver. I have a C Kua senior flex shaft with International Flex Code 3110, which is the same flex code that happens to be the R flex for the Cleveland Black driver. I hit the K15 with greater center contact consistency than my former driver, the SuperTri. The K15 has helped me lessen my moderate fade, and has given me greater distance in the 10-15 yard range.
Same for me ! I still have the stock shaft (R flex) in mine.

Back