My new Ping K15 driver

omikey

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 17.8
Mods - Please move this if it should be posted someplace else, Thanks.

I got my new Ping K15 driver, it came in yesterday. Just so happened that I was at the range WAHOOOO !!

I finished my practice then put out 10 balls to hit with the new driver.

shots 1-4 pretty much down the middle, just left and just right of my target line. Hit out at/about 220 estimated
shot 5 BIG SLICE as I tried to really load up on it, LOL, I can not swing hard like that
shot 6 BIG PULL to the left, again as I tried to load up on it and compensate for the big slice that I had just hit
shots 7-10 were just like 1-4, just a bit off the target line and out about 220 yards - all carry

OK, what was it like compared to the Cleveland Hi-Bore that I've been using for the past 3 years

The ball feels SOFTER on the face of the club, the sound is muted compared to the Hi-Bore
The ball flight is just a bit lower. Which is expected, the Cleveland is 11.5* and the K15 is 10.5*

It seemed easy to put the club face on the ball, how could it not when the club is 460CC LOL
The ball carries farther than what I thought it was going to

I am hoping to get back to the range today and will hit more shots with the driver. Hope that I can control my excitement and not try to overpower my swing

Here's a few pics - one of them shows you where I was hitting the club face

IMG_8465.jpg

IMG_8467.jpg

IMG_8466.jpg

Congrats on the new stick, I really like the K15 , its a really solid driver.

Sweet looking driver. Congratulations

Congrats on the new stick! I really like the K15 as well, good luck with it!

I really like mine. Congrats!

Great pics and this is one pretty driver! Good for you mikey and maybe this stick will be the ticket :thumb:

Glad it's working for you. Hope it helps you keep it in the short grass.:bananadance:

Congrats on the new driver. I used one all of this season and really liked it. Best driver I've ever played.

congrats on the new driver!

Thanks everyone ! I hit about 20 balls with it at the range today .... I'm STILL LIKING IT WAHOOOOOO !!!!
Looking forward to the first time I put it into play for real, GIDDY UP !

Congrats man, I really like that driver, I played quite a few rounds with it and came away with a great impression.

Congrats on the new #1 metal! I'm already looking forward to the demo days this spring so that I can scour the latest offerings and hopefully find a new driver for myself.

I know this has already been said - but this driver is AMAZING. My favorite driver right now and it is going to take alot to get it out of my bag. Enjoy and hit em straight!!!

I am definitely going to try one of these out before next season rolls around.

Congrats, & I hope it works out even better on the course!

I'd like to do a 'Test Report' on it for ya's .... but I'm not sure that I can. Currently doing one on my Ping G20 irons, you can read about it here:
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...g-G20-Irons-Review-Thread&p=982420#post982420

and I'm also one of the LUCKY ones that was Chosen by THP and Ping Golf to be a tester on the new Ping bag.

Thank you VERY MUCH THP and Ping Golf !!

I'll be testing and reporting on the Ping Pioneer Cart Bag ... The bag is in transit. It might be here by the end of the week, or first part of next week.

With all that going on, I just don't think that I have the time and energy to put in the effort to do the right kind of work on the K15 .... what I am willing to do, if anybody wants it ... is just to enter some of my experiences and what I'm getting from it, without all the formality of a real 'testing'

Congrats on the new driver...OMikey or OG's evil twin....whoever you are...LOL

Yep...Great Driver. Gamed one most of the summer before switching to the Titleist 910 D2. The K15 is one of the straightest drivers I've ever owned, and I've owned a bunch. I had the Serrano shaft upgrade in mine and loved it.

Yep, I read in another post somewhere, maybe when JB, or somebody, reviewed this driver.

The headcover is a PITA to deal with on the course.

I replaced the Cleveland HiBore with this driver. The HiBore head cover is, I think, the basis of the CG Black Driver and FW headcovers. It has the strap on the top, looks good, fits well and is EASY to remove and put on ......

I 'might' be looking for an after mkt headcover for my K15, maybe.

Maybe you can just use the hibore cover. I have the launcher from the same time period and I've never really thought much about the headcover until I got the k15. Man is that headcover a PITA.

You can always pick up a Daphnes THP cover from the THP Store.

Maybe you can just use the hibore cover. I have the launcher from the same time period and I've never really thought much about the headcover until I got the k15. Man is that headcover a PITA.

Maybe a generic headcover or buy one of the animal headcovers from the THP store!

You can always pick up a Daphnes THP cover from the THP Store.

haha I had just typed that after your post. I suppose wise men think alike :D

That might have been me reporting on the difficulty of removing and replacing the headcover on my G15. Not sure if your headcover is the same. I just leave it off for the round.

....So does this mean the Cleveland Black is a no go???

Back