Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
B/c he played at Wake and I'm a Tarheel fan. Those are the rules.

Oh man, I thought we could be friends. I go to NCSU so I guess not. Jk, we can be friends :D but anyways, I didn't like him in college for punching Julius Hodge in the nuts on senior night, but he's one of the best PG's in the league, and always seems to try to do stuff the right way.

Oh man, I thought we could be friends. I go to NCSU so I guess not. Jk, we can be friends :D but anyways, I didn't like him in college for punching Julius Hodge in the nuts on senior night, but he's one of the best PG's in the league, and always seems to try to do stuff the right way.

I remember that. I also can tolerate State though, so it's ok. My father in law use to work with Tommy Burleson, so I've met him tons and he rocks.

no, im familiar with all the details. i get that his bird rights are traded with him and im aware that if he signed with the knicks for instance, he would have to take about a $17mil paycut. I just wouldnt be shocked if he takes the paycut, nor would i think of him as "possibly the dumbest player in the league".

and i am a huge bulls fan, but i think im still being realistic. The bulls won 61 games last year, even though boozer and noah combined to miss 40 games and they made it to the conference finals. I guess i just dont see it as that much of a stretch to say that they could make it to the finals this year and win.

I just can't see the Bulls winning when they didn't do much if anything to inprove while many of the other teams around them did. I think they will drop off some. But we shall find out come the season,

no, im familiar with all the details. i get that his bird rights are traded with him and im aware that if he signed with the knicks for instance, he would have to take about a $17mil paycut. I just wouldnt be shocked if he takes the paycut, nor would i think of him as "possibly the dumbest player in the league".

and i am a huge bulls fan, but i think im still being realistic. The bulls won 61 games last year, even though boozer and noah combined to miss 40 games and they made it to the conference finals. I guess i just dont see it as that much of a stretch to say that they could make it to the finals this year and win.

The playoffs are a whole different game. It was pretty easy to see that with stout defense on Rose he had no help. I'm not sure Rip Hamilton is the answer either. Boozer is okay, until you realize he's such a defensive liability on the court. Then what are you gonna do, play a lineup of Gibson + Noah? You're not getting any more offensive help. Deng isn't getting any younger. The bulls are a GREAT defensive team, but if they don't start focusing on team offense a little more you're going to see the same result.

Clearly you are missing the point of my post. If his goal was to just "get to play with his friends and win, he would ride out the year for the team that he signed on the dotted line for. Not demand to be traded and list his goals of said teams so that he can sign his Bird contract. Its about money right now otherwise he would pick and choose himself next season.

As for the Bulls, I never said they would not be good or as good, what I said was that I find it a little funny that Rip Hamilton is the piece of the puzzle that is missing when he lacks the same abilities in many ways that their entire perimeter game has lacked.

Okay, and that's your opinion. I don't think the NCAA is entertaining until the Tourney. I hate watching Duke and UNC and Kentucky beat down lesser teams by 40 most of the time.

this is exactly how i feel.

The Bulls have to many Dookies on their roster. We know what they all do in the pro's............suck.

Why no love for the Knicks in the East? Adding Chandler makes them super legit to me.

The Bulls have to many Dookies on their roster. We know what they all do in the pro's............suck.

Why no love for the Knicks in the East? Adding Chandler makes them super legit to me.

I think they'll be a sneaky play, maybe a 5 seed. They have 3 great players, and a roster full of "eh". Only one of those great players is committed to defense. It's been shown that you really can't win a Championship without defense. Also, I'm not sure how much longer Ama're is going to hold up. His knees are on their last life.

I'm not a fan of the Knicks this year because of lack of guardplay. I think it will be hard to involve the frontcourt without a legit guard. Or anything close to it for that matter.

Two words: Raymond Felton!

I think they'll be a sneaky play, maybe a 5 seed. They have 3 great players, and a roster full of "eh". Only one of those great players is committed to defense. It's been shown that you really can't win a Championship without defense. Also, I'm not sure how much longer Ama're is going to hold up. His knees are on their last life.

Three Great Players?
Or 1 great player and 2 good players?

Three Great Players?
Or 1 great player and 2 good players?

Sorry, that was loosely defining great. Let me rephrase. 1 great player, 1 great player 5 years ago who is now offensively good and defensively abysmal, and a very good defensive center who can dunk every now and then.

Two words: Raymond Felton!

If only he was still on their team. Right now their starting guards will be Toney Douglass and Landry Fields, both of whom tend to be shoot-first guys. That could pose a problem for the Knicks.

If only he was still on their team. Right now their starting guards will be Toney Douglass and Landry Fields, both of whom tend to be shoot-first guys. That could pose a problem for the Knicks.

Ironically the two guards most sought after in the game today at the PG level some would say the same thing about in Rose and Paul.

They should get him back then. I know nothing about the NBA. I'm just trying to be relevant.

I know Toney Douglas can play some D. He was good in COLLEGE, lol

Clearly you are missing the point of my post. If his goal was to just "get to play with his friends and win, he would ride out the year for the team that he signed on the dotted line for. Not demand to be traded and list his goals of said teams so that he can sign his Bird contract. Its about money right now otherwise he would pick and choose himself next season.

As for the Bulls, I never said they would not be good or as good, what I said was that I find it a little funny that Rip Hamilton is the piece of the puzzle that is missing when he lacks the same abilities in many ways that their entire perimeter game has lacked.

no im mostly in agreement with you on cp3. I just think for him a trade was win win. Instead of being in NO where he didnt want to be and walking next year, he is now in LA and still has the option to walk away or sign an extension. He gets to play in a bigger market, on a better team, and still has the same options he did in NO.

and i dont think rip is THE piece to the puzzle. if i could have picked any of the 2 guard FAs it probably would have been jason richardson. yea, i mean rip doesnt spread the floor with great 3 point shooting, nor is he great at creating his own shot (something the bulls could really really use), but he will knock down the shots he gets and at least give the defense something to think about, unlike keith bogans.

trust me, i find it funny that adding a soon to be 34 year old rip hamilton gets me excited, but i watched at least a part of every bulls game from last season...and there was way too much keith bogans.

Ironically the two guards most sought after in the game today at the PG level some would say the same thing about in Rose and Paul.

Glad you highlighted some. Rose clearly right now is a shoot first PG. I think he's working to be even keel. However, behind Steve Nash I think you could say Chris Paul is the 2nd best "traditional" point guard in the league. I think people view him as shoot first sometimes because of how terrible his teams have been the past few years. He's a phenomenal passer though.

hahaha, i see what you did there.

Well up to this point neither Paul or Rose have had to pass to involve the league's best frontcourt. And both if those guys are two of the best scorers in the league, so that's okay. Douglass and Fields should not be taking many shots this year. They should be looking to get it to Melo, Amar'e and Chandler. Which is something I don't think they'll do terribly well.

Well up to this point neither Paul or Rose have had to pass to involve the league's best frontcourt. And both if those guys are two of the best scorers in the league, so that's okay. Douglass and Fields should not be taking many shots this year. They should be looking to get it to Melo, Amar'e and Chandler. Which is something I don't think they'll do terribly well.

It can't be both ways. You cannot commit a guy for being shoot first when he has not played with "the best front court" for long enough and then let another guy off the hook because he has not had to.

Glad you highlighted some. Rose clearly right now is a shoot first PG. I think he's working to be even keel. However, behind Steve Nash I think you could say Chris Paul is the 2nd best "traditional" point guard in the league. I think people view him as shoot first sometimes because of how terrible his teams have been the past few years. He's a phenomenal passer though.

rose is definitely not a pure point guard in the way nash or paul are, thats for sure. I think paul is a lot less shoot first then rose but i think in the same way paul has been forced to shoot, so has rose. a huge number of rose's shots last year came from getting the ball back with 5 seconds on the shot clock and having to do something.

rose is definitely not a pure point guard in the way nash or paul are, thats for sure. I think paul is a lot less shoot first then rose but i think in the same way paul has been forced to shoot, so has rose. a huge number of rose's shots last year came from getting the ball back with 5 seconds on the shot clock and having to do something.

Yep. That was pretty obvious in the playoffs. You could tell he was extremely frustrated too. He might be the MVP, but without any scoring help, they'll continue to fall in the playoffs. LeBron played lockdown D on him last year when it counted, I wouldn't be surprised if you see that again this year.

It can't be both ways. You cannot commit a guy for being shoot first when he has not played with "the best front court" for long enough and then let another guy off the hook because he has not had to.

Douglass has always been a shoot-first guy, even in college and with Amar'e and Melo on the team last year. He hasn't proven he can or will pass well even though he had great scorers on his team last year. Paul and Rose have both proven they can pass when necessary (CP3 averaged lots of assists in the league over the past few seasons, and Rose involved Boozer, Deng, and Noah very well) but they can also score. If Douglass can show that he can switch to be a passing guy, I'll believe in him. So far he's shown nothing, at least to me.

is landry fields really shoot first though? i think that guy knows his role pretty well and will do whatever is asked of him. toney douglas on the otherhand....that guy's a chucker.

is landry fields really shoot first though? i think that guy knows his role pretty well and will do whatever is asked of him. toney douglas on the otherhand....that guy's a chucker.

Landry Fields is not a shoot-first in the way that Douglass is, but he is in the way that he doesn't pass much, if at all. He's a decent defender and can knock down an open shot, but he's not a passing guy. At least he wasn't last year. Hopefully for the Knicks he can be this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back