Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stronger lofted clubs. 2.0s perhaps? I don't really know.

I love my boccieris but they need a little more steroids. I can guarantee that my next set of irons will be back weighted.

I'd take a good look at the Wilson Staff Di11s.

Actually this could be quite fun. Oooohhh I'm going produce shopping now!

Serious ponder of a putting mat; Tour Links one in particular. Going to be a long winter, and think this might make it a little more bearable.

Serious ponder of a putting mat; Tour Links one in particular. Going to be a long winter, and think this might make it a little more bearable.

I really like my Tour Links Practice Green, very nice. The platform lets you put it on any surface too.

Great investment for me personally.

I really like my Tour Links Practice Green, very nice. The platform lets you put it on any surface too.

Great investment for me personally.

Thanks, I've heard nothing but good things from people on these. It could really help my putting over the winter months I'm thinking. They are 15% off at TGW, making it a serious ponder.

Thanks, I've heard nothing but good things from people on these. It could really help my putting over the winter months I'm thinking. They are 15% off at TGW, making it a serious ponder.

If you go with the training aid version Amazon has the 13-foot for the same price as the 10 foot, 359.99, I don't know what they are at TGW but its a pretty good deal.

If you go with the training aid version Amazon has the 13-foot for the same price as the 10 foot, 359.99, I don't know what they are at TGW but its a pretty good deal.

Thanks for the tip!! I wish I had room to fit a 13' anywhere in my place... the 9' will be a stretch I think. With the discounts, at TGW it's just under $300 for the 9'.

Thanks for the tip!! I wish I had room to fit a 13' anywhere in my place... the 9' will be a stretch I think. With the discounts, at TGW it's just under $300 for the 9'.

That is a good deal, just depends on if you'd want bigger. I've got the 10' as I didn't have room for the 13, I really do love it. Can put breaks in it still and all I want it for is to tune my stroke anyways so I don't need multiple holes.

I do want a ball returner for it, it's be perfect then.

(Off topic, what type of dog is in your avatar? Spaniel?)

That is a good deal, just depends on if you'd want bigger. I've got the 10' as I didn't have room for the 13, I really do love it. Can put breaks in it still and all I want it for is to tune my stroke anyways so I don't need multiple holes.

I do want a ball returner for it, it's be perfect then.

(Off topic, what type of dog is in your avatar? Spaniel?)

English Springer Spaniel.

Thanks for the recomendation.

I am doing an iron change in the off-season. I have hit numerous sets now, including the r11s, some mizzies, and the b-stone dpc's. So far, the b-stone dpc's are on the top of the list based on performance, feel and looks.

After today's range session, I am pondering putting my 3 Iron in the bag and removing the 3 hybrid. I made some minor swing changes over the last couple weeks, and I am really hitting my irons crisply right now. Conversely, I have been terribly inconsistent with the hybrid.

The contenders:

1. Titleist 910 19* hybrid with a special order Project X 5.5 graphite shaftm adjusted to 19.75* loft. Bought it last March for $240.

2. Mizuno MP 53 3 Iron, with Project X 5.5 graphite iron shaft, 21*. Wasn't even going to order it with my combo MP 53/63 set, but my club fitter gave me a deal on 8 clubs so that the 3 Iron only cost me about $40 (obviously, this means he was going to rip me off on my 7 club order, but I digress).

Hybrid: Pros -- I can hit it a little further than the 3 Iron so it fits my distance gap better; It is a great club out of fairway bunkers with low lips. Cons -- I am honestly only about 50/50 with this club -- one shot will be just beautiful, and the next shot will be a line drive into a water hazard. Also, I hate to take a $240 club out of the bag.

Iron: Pros -- With my swing in sync, I can hit it just as high as the hybrid and with more consistency; Cons -- A little shorter than the hybrid; would not consider playing it out of a fairway bunker; don't know how well I will hit it when my swing is not in sync.

I am doing an iron change in the off-season. I have hit numerous sets now, including the r11s, some mizzies, and the b-stone dpc's. So far, the b-stone dpc's are on the top of the list based on performance, feel and looks.

Those are all solid ponders looper. I can't speak highly enough of the R11s but those DPC's are something special.

Those are all solid ponders looper. I can't speak highly enough of the R11s but those DPC's are something special.

Yeah; I enjoyed hitting those as well too. I definitely got more distance out of the r11s, but I also think it was primarily due to the increased loft for each iron. I am going to hit them all another time or so, and throw a few other sets in the mix (including z-stars if I get my hands on a set).

Yeah; I enjoyed hitting those as well too. I definitely got more distance out of the r11s, but I also think it was primarily due to the increased loft for each iron. I am going to hit them all another time or so, and throw a few other sets in the mix (including z-stars if I get my hands on a set).

I don't know if you know this, but One-t has been gaming the J38 DPC's for a little while. He hits them really well too. Probably the best I've seen him hit irons to be honest.

I don't know if you know this, but One-t has been gaming the J38 DPC's for a little while. He hits them really well too. Probably the best I've seen him hit irons to be honest.

Yeah, man. When I was seeking recomendations for my initial "testing list," he told me how much he like his J38s and how much you liked your r11s.

Yeah, man. When I was seeking recomendations for my initial "testing list," he told me how much he like his J38s and how much you liked your r11s.

So which brother's opinion means more to looper? You know he hasn't beaten me in like two years, right?

Nah man, both solid irons for sure. Very similar in shape and size, IMO. I know you rock the R9's so maybe you're just ready for something else but the R11s and R9s really aren't all that similar.

The J40 Dual Pocket's are stupid pretty. That's what I'm pondering. I don't really need nor necessarily want them, but dang I'd like the way they look in my bag.

The J40 Dual Pocket's are stupid pretty. That's what I'm pondering. I don't really need nor necessarily want them, but dang I'd like the way they look in my bag.

I agree here JMan. I have been told by Bridgestone customer service that my local PGA SS should have the entire J40 lineup available to demo so I will be there next week one day hitting everything.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I agree here JMan. I have been told by Bridgestone customer service that my local PGA SS should have the entire J40 lineup available to demo so I will be there next week one day hitting everything.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'd love to get to hit them somewhere, I just really dig them for some reason. Those plus C-Taper's....ooooooooh my.

So which brother's opinion means more to looper? You know he hasn't beaten me in like two years, right?

Nah man, both solid irons for sure. Very similar in shape and size, IMO. I know you rock the R9's so maybe you're just ready for something else but the R11s and R9s really aren't all that similar.

Oh, the pressure!!!

I'd love to get to hit them somewhere, I just really dig them for some reason. Those plus C-Taper's....ooooooooh my.

Send a note to Bridgestone through their site and ask if they are anywhere around you to demo. They gave me the name of a place besides PGA SS near me that I had no idea even existed.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Send a note to Bridgestone through their site and ask if they are anywhere around you to demo. They gave me the name of a place besides PGA SS near me that I had no idea even existed.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Will do! Thanks Cookie!

Pondering what shafts I am going to put in the DPC Bridgestone irons. I can't wait to get these bad boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back