Lessons vs Swing analysis

Dubon25

Reaction score
Handicap
Just recently golftec opened a store about an hour from my house :banana:. I am deciding between getting lessons or take the swing analysis. What would you recomend?

The way golftec works, the swing analysis is basically the first lesson. The pro will evaluate your swing and tell you which direction he thinks you need to head with your swing. If you like what you hear, you can set up lessons from there.

As wakerider stated, GolfTec won't even sell you regular lessons until you have done the swing evaluation first, it even says that on their website.

I heard they do a good job. I friend of mine was evaluated then took a series of lessons. His hcp dropped by several points. He is hitting the ball great. Well worth your time to stop in and talk with them.

I signed up for one of their "15 lesson" packs early this year...
The Swing Analysis was the first "Lesson" per say....
I have had about 6 lessons since and in each one they record my swing....
Last lesson, we contrasted the Analysis from 9 months ago and the most recent....
Mind boggling to watch the change.....

The way golftec works, the swing analysis is basically the first lesson. The pro will evaluate your swing and tell you which direction he thinks you need to head with your swing. If you like what you hear, you can set up lessons from there.

I agree. Each goes hand in hand. The teacher needs to see what you have swing wise, before he/she can give you a lesson.

I signed up for one of their "15 lesson" packs early this year...
The Swing Analysis was the first "Lesson" per say....
I have had about 6 lessons since and in each one they record my swing....
Last lesson, we contrasted the Analysis from 9 months ago and the most recent....
Mind boggling to watch the change.....

How much has your HC dropped in the 9 months Bama?

you didn't have to prepay for all of that did you....you just sign up and pay as you go right?

I just found a free 30 min swing evaluation online and signed up for Wednesday. Never had a lesson before so we'll see how bad I am. I have no idea what to expect so it should be fun.

Is that with Golftec? Let us know how it goes..!

Everyone is on the right track here, everything starts with the Swing Evaluation. That is your first lesson and then you will receive a recommendation for moving forward based on your goals plus what is identified in your swing.

Good luck,

Josh Miller
PGA Certified Professional
GolfTEC - Golden, CO

Is that with Golftec? Let us know how it goes..!
Yes, with Golf Tec. tomorrow @ 8:30 AM. Hoping to go out for 9 afterwards if the weather holds.

Went in for my 30 min swing analysis this morning. Went well. I found out my shoulder turn resembles that of a 70 year old (his words) and that my setup was way too bent over @ the waist. He told me my grip was not good at all, which I thought was wrong. The only other semi-lesson I have ever had was about grip (was very strong, now very neutral) but I guess I could be wrong. Worked on a few things and by the end of the 30 mins my shoulder turn was about 86-89 and while it felt very uncomfortable, I was hitting the ball very well. We didn't go over anything else (swing plane, clubhead angles, etc), which I was hoping for but I guess that's how they get you coming back.

I would love to go back, but with the prices they charge for even a 3 month package, I could get a membership at a golf course around here for a year. I think I could really improve there and realize my goals, but I don't think that it's in the cards right now with regards to how much money it is.

Thanks for the thoughts -
Maybe it's kinda like lawyers, if it's fixed they ain't getting paid..
(said while removing flame retardant suit -lol)

Thanks for the thoughts -
Maybe it's kinda like lawyers, if it's fixed they ain't getting paid..
(said while removing flame retardant suit -lol)

i have been going to golftec for a few months now and i couldn't be happier. They can't fix your swing in a half hour and honestly i work on 1 or 2 things every week and thats the most my mind can handle i don't want to be overloaded with info and trying to instill those things into my swing all at once. if you can afford it i highly recommend taking lessons with golftec. completely retooling my swing this winter and it needed and still needs a ton of work. not saying its cheap but well worth every penny IMO.

I haven't been to golf tec but did something similar using lasers and videos. They video taped different angles of my swing and I took lessons for six months just working on getting my swing on plane (I also practiced with a laser about 3-4 times a week). I dropped from shooting in the low 100s to consistently shooting in the low 90s to high 80s just by getting my swing on plane. Now to work on my short game... lol!

I'm a firm believer in Golftec, I've only had 3 lessons, and my swing and game have made a dramatic turn for the best. I had worked with another pro for 3 months before going to Golftec, and while my swing had improved, I felt like I wasn't improving as much as I would like. After my last lesson my pro showed me my swings at our Swing Eval, compared to my swing that day, and the difference was huge. Before my first lesson in early october, I was regularly shooting in the low to mid 90's, and sometimes high 90s, with a rare score in the 80's. Now I am shooting in the mid to low 80's regularly, and haven't shot over 90 in close to a month. My swing is vastly improved, and I now feel like I can make small changes and really build on the swing I have compared to needing a complete overhaul when I showed up.

I haven't been to golf tec but did something similar using lasers and videos. They video taped different angles of my swing and I took lessons for six months just working on getting my swing on plane (I also practiced with a laser about 3-4 times a week). I dropped from shooting in the low 100s to consistently shooting in the low 90s to high 80s just by getting my swing on plane. Now to work on my short game... lol!

How did you work with lasers on your own?

After my analysis today I went to the range and hit my Tour Striker Pro for a bit and went and played 9 on a local executive course and shot 40 (Par 30). I was really trying to concentrate on my setup; shoulder and hip turn for the round. Some shots I was nutting and on one particular hole I flew the green with my GW (normally hit it 105) and hit it over 120... I could really feel my shoulder and hips stretching and it's something i'm going to have to get used to, but I could feel the difference big time. Now, driving, thats another story...

Bump-- how did you work w the lasers? I have seen how you can put a laser or flashlight in both ends of a rod or pole to ck planes.

Back