Bettinardi SS #5 Custom Putter Preview

So I need that SS #9. Badly.

Yeah I have already been pondering my next Betti since the new line was revealed, I already have a BB so I am thinking of going SS, and after seeing everything in this thread I think I am just gonna have to go ahead and pull the trigger. I think I may go to the fitting studio just like Bulldog did because it just looks like a once in a lifetime experience.

I have the Studio Stock half moon mallet(dont know the number). I have finally grooved my swing with it. But I have always wanted that head shape.

The paint scheme is so wonderful on the bettinardi putters. I actually think that the colors on this one may be safe because I just like it that much.

I really like the colors as well Seth.

You guys twisted my arm behind my back. If I get out to play Sunday, like I'm hoping. I will be gaming my Betti!!! Thanks for the encouragement guys!

You guys twisted my arm behind my back. If I get out to play Sunday, like I'm hoping. I will be gaming my Betti!!! Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Haha I don't know how you don't want to play it. Ask Mr. Bettinardi and he will tell you every putter he makes he wants you to play. That includes the insane 50 cal putters

Good for you dude. You need to start getting familiar with it!

I just reread some of the thread after watching the videos (again) and looking at the pictures (again) ... wow, you did such a great job on that. Such a beauty in your hands.

Good for you dude. You need to start getting familiar with it!

I'm just wanting to keep it perfect for the MC. That's all. I will be used to it by then for sure!!! Plus, I'm rolling it Sunday if MarcW doesn't wuss out on me...

I'm just wanting to keep it perfect for the MC. That's all. I will be used to it by then for sure!!! Plus, I'm rolling it Sunday if MarcW doesn't wuss out on me...

Mine will be close to perfect come MC time, but it will be used a lot before then. My other putters always stay in good shape because I don't throw them and I always put the head cover on.

I just reread some of the thread after watching the videos (again) and looking at the pictures (again) ... wow, you did such a great job on that. Such a beauty in your hands.

Thanks d_in_la. It is a beauty! I still can't believe she is mine.

Mine will be close to perfect come MC time, but it will be used a lot before then. My other putters always stay in good shape because I don't throw them and I always put the head cover on.

I put my head covers on all my clubs after I am done with every swing. It only takes a second. I started doing that this year. And my putter was the only club I hadn't replaced yet this year. So, it's pretty dinged up from being abused before I realized how to take care of my clubs properly. I learned that when I got my new clubs this year. I even have iron covers, I know cheesy. But it has saved a lot of dings off my MB's. So, I will be one who puts the cover back on my Betti after I make my putts!

Weather wasn't nice enough to play in Columbus today. So, it looks like I'm heading down to the basement in a little while. To work with my Betti on my Birdie Ball. I'm pretty excited to start the new year with her!

I went down to the basement tonight for about 2 and half hours. Rolled the new Betti SS#5. To me it seems to be easier to bring it straight back and straight thru than my other putter. My other putter is more toe heavy. So, I only assume that this is the reason. The F.I.T face on the Betti is so smooth. The ball seems to roll of the face pretty good. Nice soft impact but still seems solid. Much different than the AGSI+ face that is on the TM Rossa Core Classic Daytona. The AGSI+ face seems to be a bit more of a harder impact.

The weight of it is 10 grams heavier than my TM Rossa Core Classic Daytona putter. With the heavier weight it doesn't twist on me as I'm trying to come thru the ball like my TM putter seems to do. Plus I think the heavier weight helps with a smoother swing. I really like the way it sounds when you hit the ball. Has a nice crisp sound to it. A higher pitch than what the TM is IMO. Just sounds solid when you strike the ball.

With the differences I have noticed. While I was putting on the Birdie Ball I didn't seem to miss putts as left as I would with the TM. I wasn't sinking them all. Obviously because I'm still getting use to it. But when I put the putters side by side for 10 balls each. I was closer with every ball I putted with the Betti. I also did the same drills I did the other night. 6' to 8' putts. I was doing 6 putts in a row and then moving. When I did this with the TM I would make 2-3 out of 6 balls. With the Betti I was gettin 3-4 of them in. It doesn't really sink into the hole on the Birdie Ball. But you can tell if it would have been a sunk putt.

Until I get some more time with the Betti. That's all I have for now. So far I really really like the look, sound, weight, and feel of it. It is the Nicest putter I have ever owned. Although I have only a total of 4 putters including Betti. She is my new favorite! I can tell we are gonna have a lot of fun together just from the short rendezvous we had tonight.

Thanks again Bettinardi for the SS# 5. I love :love: it!

Nice writeup BF. Lots of good info there. This putter seems like it could really work well for you in MB!

that is a sweet flatstick there froggeh! Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll be knocking em in at the MC2.0!

I went down to the basement tonight for about 2 and half hours. Rolled the new Betti SS#5. To me it seems to be easier to bring it straight back and straight thru than my other putter. My other putter is more toe heavy. So, I only assume that this is the reason. The F.I.T face on the Betti is so smooth. The ball seems to roll of the face pretty good. Nice soft impact but still seems solid. Much different than the AGSI+ face that is on the TM Rossa Core Classic Daytona. The AGSI+ face seems to be a bit more of a harder impact.

The weight of it is 10 grams heavier than my TM Rossa Core Classic Daytona putter. With the heavier weight it doesn't twist on me as I'm trying to come thru the ball like my TM putter seems to do. Plus I think the heavier weight helps with a smoother swing. I really like the way it sounds when you hit the ball. Has a nice crisp sound to it. A higher pitch than what the TM is IMO. Just sounds solid when you strike the ball.

With the differences I have noticed. While I was putting on the Birdie Ball I didn't seem to miss putts as left as I would with the TM. I wasn't sinking them all. Obviously because I'm still getting use to it. But when I put the putters side by side for 10 balls each. I was closer with every ball I putted with the Betti. I also did the same drills I did the other night. 6' to 8' putts. I was doing 6 putts in a row and then moving. When I did this with the TM I would make 2-3 out of 6 balls. With the Betti I was gettin 3-4 of them in. It doesn't really sink into the hole on the Birdie Ball. But you can tell if it would have been a sunk putt.

Until I get some more time with the Betti. That's all I have for now. So far I really really like the look, sound, weight, and feel of it. It is the Nicest putter I have ever owned. Although I have only a total of 4 putters including Betti. She is my new favorite! I can tell we are gonna have a lot of fun together just from the short rendezvous we had tonight.

Thanks again Bettinardi for the SS# 5. I love :love: it!

Great write-up Bullfrog, I'm sure by the time the MC rolls around you will be money with that stick!

Great write-up Bullfrog, I'm sure by the time the MC rolls around you will be money with that stick!

I'm hoping so dude. Our team will need me! Our team needs all of us to be on our games!!

Went down again last night and worked with Betti some more. I'm really loving the feel and weight of it! Plus it's pretty to look at too. Her and I are getting to know each other pretty well. I'm sure with some quality time every day during winter, she will adore me as much as I adore her already. We will find our groove!! Got Danny.P coming over tomorrow to do some putting drills/games with me. Make it a little competition and make it fun. Hope he brings his own putter... LOL

Last edited:
Worked with Betti again for about 2 hours tonight. Worked on tempo. And worked on 8'-10' putts. Hopefully a lot of work on this sort of stuff will help with my putting. I really like the weight of "Betti". And her face is so smooth feeling when hitting the ball. THANKS AGAIN BETTINARDI!!

Worked with Betti again for about 2 hours tonight. Worked on tempo. And worked on 8'-10' putts. Hopefully a lot of work on this sort of stuff will help with my putting. I really like the weight of "Betti". And her face is so smooth feeling when hitting the ball. THANKS AGAIN BETTINARDI!!

BF are you a guy who works on the mechanics of the putting stroke or do you just go down there and putt to get a better feel for it?

Looks like you are getting on with it pretty good so far. Love the green colors and it's a sweet looking flatstick. Good luck @ MC 2.0.

BF are you a guy who works on the mechanics of the putting stroke or do you just go down there and putt to get a better feel for it?

I have been doing both! I'm trying to get the weight of it down. Since it is heavier than my TM. Plus I've been trying to focus on my line up and smooth swing. To get the weight down I have been bouncing around from different distances. And to work on line up and smooth swing. I try to do my lining up the same everytime. For working on my smooth swing, I have been trying to focus on a slow easy take away. Today I worked on 6' putts for about 3.5 hours. I have never really worked on putting. I'm sure you guys know the story. But this is new for me. And I'm hoping it will save me a couple putts a side. If so, I would be a half decent golfer.

I have a question for you guys. When you putt do you watch your putter during take away or keep your eye on the ball? Just a question. I tend to keep my eye on the ball.

Bump for Patty. Here you go girl...

Thanks Bullfrog! It turned out beautifully! I wish Bettinardi offered custom putters to everyone. So jealous. Btw - read your review above and I love the heavier weight of the heads on the Bettis - they feel so great to me. Hope you are sinking more putts!

Back