What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot an 82 that felt more like a 75. Cool and windy conditions made it play pretty tough. I hit the ball very solid, just struggled to really score on a lot of holes. When we left it was 36 degrees with a wind blowing at about 20 mph, good thing the entire round wasn't like that. Good day though, golf on New Years Eve is a first for me.

LOL, we had almost the same rounds then. It was windy today, wet, and cold, but I was playing golf so that was awesome. I shot an 83 that felt like it should have been a 77, 78 based on the way I was hitting the ball. I had:

10/14 fairways
6/18 GIR
2 birds
34 putts

The GIR is not near high enough, but today when I missed the green I was just off, and spent basically the whole day chipping on and then two putting. My driving and ball striking was very good today, I was just hitting a little bit of a push with my irons for a while, but flushing them.
I did all my chipping today using the JB/Andy method of chipping and its great and I was hitting every chip right in the center of the club face, I just had trouble getting used to the new distances I was hitting the chips.

All in all it was a great day of prep for the MC. Oh and I was also playing a 8HC golfer in some match play golf straight up, and I beat him 3 and 2. BAM!

[QUOTE

All in all it was a great day of prep for the MC. Oh and I was also playing a 8HC golfer in some match play golf straight up, and I beat him 3 and 2. BAM![/QUOTE]

Sic em CB :deadhorse:

. . . All in all it was a great day of prep for the MC. Oh and I was also playing a 8HC golfer in some match play golf straight up, and I beat him 3 and 2. BAM!
Very nice, CB!

Wow, every score I read is a great one, wtg BsB, 73 is strong.

Thanks dawgdaddy hopefully take the form into the new year. Some brilliant scores coming in today, is great to see.

Nice shooting CB, I really like the last sentence, great prep for the MC buddy.

Sic em CB :deadhorse:[/QUOTE]

Very nice, CB!

Nice shooting CB, I really like the last sentence, great prep for the MC buddy.

Thanks guys, I was playing really well today, I was actually shocked my score was what it was, but considering the cold, wet and wind I'm still very happy.

Carded a 77 today. Threw away 3 or 4 shots in the short game (chipping).

Very frustrating day on the course

Very frustrating day on the course

I have recently got back into golf after 10 years away. In the last 6 months I have gone from shooting in the low 100s to consistently shooting in the high 80s to low 90s. I have been taking lessons and working on my game a lot. In the last 6-8 weeks I haven't played or practiced too much. Many reasons including working, purchasing a home and wedding coming up. So today I had some extra time to go play 18 and was super excited. I felt pretty good warming up but once I got on the course everything just fell apart! My driving was ok but my iron and wedge play was horrible! I ended up shooting a 110! Which is the worst round I can remember shooting. All that to say I am so frustrated today. I just don't know how I can improve so much by consistently dropping about 10-12 strokes off my game to shooting as horrible as I did today. Anyway, I guess the only good thing is that I will be working A LOT on my iron and wedge play after today. Just had to vent... Hope everyone has a great new year!

Sent from my DROIDX

Shake it off Rv, I always say - you've got to have the bad ones to really appreciate the good ones. Hang in there buddy.

36-39 - 75 today.

11/14 Fairways
13/18 greens (and 2 more inches off)
34 putts

My doctor told me last week good news/bad news. He said my sore knees were structurally quite sound (the good news), that the soreness is arthritis. That's the bad news - I just have to live with some pain. But just knowing they weren't ready to give way really helped my swing confidence today, and I got thru the ball to my left side better. I putted a lot better than the putting number indicates, but we caught a tough set of pins today and I was pretty proud of my scoring overall. Not a bad way to end the year!

I had 35 putts today and I'm a 3 handicap. It happens to all of us Hackers!

Not a bad way to end the year indeed. Nice shooting buddy. Glad that everything is alright with the knees, but I am sorry to hear about the arthritis, I have been living with arthur for years and it does get aggravating. Happy New Year my friend.

83...35 putts....3 doubles...5 3 putt greens....I'm getting a new putter on Monday.

Shot in the low 90s today. Struck the ball well from the tee/fairways, but my yardages were off a tad since I was just short or a little long on just about every hole. Chipping was off a tad, but I still had plenty of reasonable par putts but couldn't sink them. Could have been a good round. On a side note, with every round I play I become more impressed with the TM Pentas. Would be great if the cover was a little more durable, but fantastic ball.

Shot in the low 90s today. Struck the ball well from the tee/fairways, but my yardages were off a tad since I was just short or a little long on just about every hole. Chipping was off a tad, but I still had plenty of reasonable par putts but couldn't sink them. Could have been a good round. On a side note, with every round I play I become more impressed with the TM Pentas. Would be great if the cover was a little more durable, but fantastic ball.

I am officially switched to Penta. I had three sleeves and yesterday a bought 3 dozen for the price of 2. It will take me quite a while to burn my way thru 45 of these babies. I like pretty much everything about them, and find them to be more durable than ProV1 to boot.

83...35 putts....3 doubles...5 3 putt greens....I'm getting a new putter on Monday.

That made me LOL, actually a nice round considering the 5 three jacks Nate.

Played two different courses. First course... first nine... 38. Second course 36.

The new clubs performed great.

Alex

Played two different courses. First course... first nine... 38. Second course 36.

The new clubs performed great.

Alex

Man I'd say. Great 1st round of 2012 Nf, really good.

My New Years Eve round was another one that got away.... seems to be happening a lot lately. 1 under around the front, with a few missed opportunities and a few saves. and then a poor shortgame performance on the back for 4 over. A couple of 3 putts and some poor chipping. Total 75 (+3).

I played today. Hard to believe. It's January 1st, 52º. A deep freeze is coming, 8º by Tuesday night, but hey I'm very greatful! :alien2:

I am officially switched to Penta. I had three sleeves and yesterday a bought 3 dozen for the price of 2. It will take me quite a while to burn my way thru 45 of these babies. I like pretty much everything about them, and find them to be more durable than ProV1 to boot.

Definitely my ball of choice. Just on $30 per dozen here - too good to go past. Durable and a good all round performer (YMMV). :)

Man I'd say. Great 1st round of 2012 Nf, really good.

Thanks a bunch. On the first nine I bogied the first three holes. LOL.. I topped my first tee shot... hit a stinker on the second and third. Then I settled down. I was real pleased with both the driving distance and accuracy of the DET driver I recently purchased. I loved the ballflight. The DET was fantastic on my second shot from the "rough" after topping my first tee shot of 2012. I will need to try to dial in distances better though with the new irons. After the initial three holes I hit all GIR.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back