Callaway RAZR X Black Driver

Nice looking head. The red looks good

Holy website update Batman. Liking the US website now. Don't have to go down under to get my info

I am torn between the two drivers now, the only thing keeping me away from the Black was the closed face. But something about the Fit just keeps pulling me in that direction. I saw on the site that there is a callaway fitting studio in Chicago, so I am considering going there because then I know I could try all the shaft/head combinations. Looks like it's a bill and a half to have the full fitting done though so I just have to look for some loose change in the couch and hope I get lucky. I think it would be worth it for the Morgan Cup though.

I am torn between the two drivers now, the only thing keeping me away from the Black was the closed face. But something about the Fit just keeps pulling me in that direction. I saw on the site that there is a callaway fitting studio in Chicago, so I am considering going there because then I know I could try all the shaft/head combinations. Looks like it's a bill and a half to have the full fitting done though so I just have to look for some loose change in the couch and hope I get lucky. I think it would be worth it for the Morgan Cup though.

I think the Fit would be perfect for you. The lower ball flight will make your high ball off the driver a more piercing ball.

I think the Fit would be perfect for you. The lower ball flight will make your high ball off the driver a more piercing ball.

I think it would be great for me too if I can find the right shaft for it. Sounds like the Black has some good distance but at True Blue and Caledonia I will be more concerned about accuracy off the tee than distance. I think I like the shape of the head and the traditional looking crown of the Fit better anyway.

Yeah this driver will hit it pretty high IN.

Well good it is pretty much settled for me then. Thanks guys! Now it is just a matter of finding the right shaft based on the options they give me.

I think it would be great for me too if I can find the right shaft for it. Sounds like the Black has some good distance but at True Blue and Caledonia I will be more concerned about accuracy off the tee than distance. I think I like the shape of the head and the traditional looking crown of the Fit better anyway.

Actually you will have some pretty wide fairways at both courses but your approach shots into the greens is where your game will really be tested.

Actually you will have some pretty wide fairways at both courses but your approach shots into the greens is where your game will really be tested.

Thanks for the info!!! Really good to know!

Two great courses and basically just down the street from each other, you MC players are going to have a blast! Just don't forget to visit the Masters (single guys only). Sorry for the misdirection now back on topic to the RAZR X Black driver.

The Callaway Razr X Black found it's way to my place for a homepage review. There are already some outstanding pictures on the original post of this thread but here are a couple more.

14077f88.jpg

0da1951d.jpg

d2af3102.jpg

e04508b6.jpg

Initial thoughts are that I love the look, it sets up more like an Octane than the Razr Hawk I have but I like the looks at address a lot. I was a huge fan of the RIP shaft in the Razr Hawk so I'm very interested to see how this Motore F8 performs. It has a nice light weight feel and the forged composite material makes this thing ready to just pound some golf balls, stay tuned for more.

For obvious reasons I'm really looking forward to your thoughts my friend. I bet you bomb that sessy beast.

The way Callaway did the forged composite on the top of this driver is awesome. Looks fantastic in the sun

Nice pictures Jake, I like that touch so I dont have to go back to the first page. Man that thing is wicked looking like Cleveland Black like. And I like how it has a badass ninja star on the face. Like it says "Kill the ball HERE"

The way Callaway did the forged composite on the top of this driver is awesome. Looks fantastic in the sun
I really like that too. That was one thing I wished the Razr Hawk I have had that the Octane did.

Jake, as a former Octane owner, I can tell you that you'll love just turning back, and ripping through the ball. I'm very curious to hear about your ball flight buddy.

Really looking forward to your thoughts Jake!

Looking forward to reading your thoughts Jake. I really liked this driver

Thats awesome jake, I cant wait to hear what you think!

Jake, as a former Octane owner, I can tell you that you'll love just turning back, and ripping through the ball. I'm very curious to hear about your ball flight buddy.
The ball flight is definitely something I'll be keeping a close eye on. I know others who have tested it thought it gave them a high ball flight, I can deal with high as long as it gives back a lot more carry along with it. Typically I like a lower launch that gives me plenty of roll out and also stays down in the wind so I'm definitely going to keep an eye on that.

The ball flight is definitely something I'll be keeping a close eye on. I know others who have tested it thought it gave them a high ball flight, I can deal with high as long as it gives back a lot more carry along with it. Typically I like a lower launch that gives me plenty of roll out and also stays down in the wind so I'm definitely going to keep an eye on that.

Chunky hit some real good drives with this thing.

The Callaway Razr X Black found it's way to my place for a homepage review. There are already some outstanding pictures on the original post of this thread but here are a couple more.

14077f88.jpg

0da1951d.jpg

d2af3102.jpg

e04508b6.jpg

Initial thoughts are that I love the look, it sets up more like an Octane than the Razr Hawk I have but I like the looks at address a lot. I was a huge fan of the RIP shaft in the Razr Hawk so I'm very interested to see how this Motore F8 performs. It has a nice light weight feel and the forged composite material makes this thing ready to just pound some golf balls, stay tuned for more.

Thanks for the pictures big guy! You're gonna bring it with this review and we all can't wait. Love what Callaway did in offering different face angles relative to loft.

Back