The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also read that while somewhat overrated, Clay Matthews disrupts a lot of plays because of his motor.

Kevin

Having to face first the Lions, and then most likely the 49ers, then maybe the Packers, I think the Saints have the most difficult road to the Super Bowl of the best teams in the playoffs. I've a hunch the Lions are going to take their system to the Super Dome and beat the Saints' system this weekend.

That's my prediction for the week.

Kevin

I also read that while somewhat overrated, Clay Matthews disrupts a lot of plays because the opposition thinks that pretty boy wants a secret meeting in the shower after the game

Kevin

I feel exactly the same way buddy!

Seeing Matt Flynn play so well tells me something about Green Bay and Rodgers. He's just not that good but the system is VERY good. Kevin Kolb could excel in that system.

Seeing Matt Flynn play so well tells me something about Green Bay and Rodgers. He's just not that good but the system is VERY good. Kevin Kolb could excel in that system.

crazy talk!

Blaine Gabbert could play in the Packers' system. That guy can make all the throws.

Blaine Gabbert could play in the Packers' system. That guy can make all the throws.

Curtis Painter could go 13-3 in the Packers system!

Just imagine how good the Eagles would have been if Kolb would have stayed!

Curtis Painter could go 13-3 in the Packers system!
Ok, ok, let's not get too crazy with this.

Having to face first the Lions, and then most likely the 49ers, then maybe the Packers, I think the Saints have the most difficult road to the Super Bowl of the best teams in the playoffs. I've a hunch the Lions are going to take their system to the Super Dome and beat the Saints' system this weekend.

That's my prediction for the week.

Kevin

Having watched the 49ers all year out here on the left coast, my opinion is that the Saints will more than likely crush the 49ers, even on the road. The 49ers have a terrible offense, and as long as Brees doesn't throw 3 or 4 picks, if they score 24 or more points, the Saints win comfortably. The Lions may be a tougher game, but I still think the Saints take care of them as well. It may be tougher, but it isn't a bad draw for the Saints.

And to think all this time we thought Rodgers was good and really he's just a system QB who can call plays too.

Beast mode from tapatalk

And to think all this time we thought Rodgers was good and really he's just a system QB who can call plays too.

Beast mode from tapatalk

The Packers system is so good just about any pocket passer could excel playing in it. Of course the Newtons, Vicks, and Tebows of the world would struggle mightily trying to execute it as they are running backs wearing a QB number.

Oh, and Mark Sanchez would struggle too. He's terrible. Romo on the other hand would probably throw for 7,000 yards in the Packers system.

Kevin

The Packers system is so good just about any pocket passer could excel playing in it. Of course the Newtons, Vicks, and Tebows of the world would struggle mightily trying to execute it as they are running backs wearing a QB number.

Oh, and Mark Sanchez would struggle too. He's terrible. Romo on the other hand would probably throw for 7,000 yards in the Packers system.

Kevin

I always knew Esox was wise

put down the beverage and back away from it my friend

he stinks, all hype from the great Andy Reid development school of pretty good quarterback developing

Just imagine how good the Eagles would have been if Kolb would have stayed!

Ok, ok, let's not get too crazy with this.

I think he proved he's a little bit more than a running QB. And Cantchize struggles in his current system so saying he would struggle in GB's isn't saying a whole lot

Kevin

Tim Tebow is a better NFL quarterback than Sanchez, I hadn't seen him play before, he's terrible.....

Kevin

Honest question cheese fart: have you actually seen Cam Newton play this year?

What a great system they have in place up in Green Bay. I wonder if any assistants are available to help Jason Garrett and JJ?

Was listening to the Tampa ESPN Radio affiliate a bit ago, and all they could say was to throw a ton of cash at Dungy to get him back down this way. This made me laugh. Funny that the two Coaches names that tend to come up on every Coaching search (Dungy and Gruden), the Bucs fired both.

Dungy would be a travesty down here again. He never got over the hump despite the owners at the time spending a ton. Gruden stepped in with the same team and won because Dungy could not get it done offensively. He is well liked by a lot, but I always thought he was an overrated coach. However defensive players like playing for the guy.

Dungy would be a travesty down here again. He never got over the hump despite the owners at the time spending a ton. Gruden stepped in with the same team and won because Dungy could not get it done offensively. He is well liked by a lot, but I always thought he was an overrated coach. However defensive players like playing for the guy.
Any thoughts on who the Bucs hire, JB?

Couldnt agree more. I hope the Bucs dont OEM Dungy.

Any thoughts on who the Bucs hire, JB?

Nope. The owners won't say a word as of yet. "Going through the process", but with a team that has no money, and none coming in, it makes you wonder where they will end up. I mean the last coach went from assistant, to defensive coordinator, to head coach in about 7 days. Clearly rational thinking is not leading the pack here.

God, I would die a little bit if they rehired him. Please no...

Nope. The owners won't say a word as of yet. "Going through the process", but with a team that has no money, and none coming in, it makes you wonder where they will end up. I mean the last coach went from assistant, to defensive coordinator, to head coach in about 7 days. Clearly rational thinking is not leading the pack here.
Good point. Ive never been a huge Bucs fan, but always liked to follow them since they were so close. Makes it much harder with the blackouts every Sunday.

I laughed at the Raheem situation, my best guess is that he was put there to have someone to keep the seat warm until they decided what to do, only thing is they seem to have forgotten what they were supposed to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back