New Birdie Ball Putting Green and Chip Mat

My wife got me the 4 x 13.5 for Christmas. As others have said, it rolls true.

The edging, in my opinion, is lacking. It did not give as finished of a look as I was hoping. Nonetheless, I think it rolls well. To increase its life, I may build a platform as well. That way, I can tilt it on it's side in the garage so I can park the car at night. Additionally, it may provide a little protection from the dogs.

Best wishes.

fsusp I will post some pictures of my set up tomorrow. I have done exactly what you said and built a platform so I can tilt it on its side when i need the extra room. Only costed me $25 and about 30 minutes to build

fsusp I will post some pictures of my set up tomorrow. I have done exactly what you said and built a platform so I can tilt it on its side when i need the extra room. Only costed me $25 and about 30 minutes to build

Really interested in these pictures, can't wait

got mine set up at work and although it seems a little cheap it works pretty well. here are some pics

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

they also sent a cup with a high back i guess so you can try to drop the putt from a certain side if your playing the break. heres a better pic of that.

IMG_0831.jpg

I have a birdie ball mat that has been in the closet since last winter. I love it, but the balls don't stay in the cup. I think I am going to build a platform to attach it to and put a short cup under the hole. That should help out with this.

Also very interested in how you did this. I'm pretty handy and would love to do this.

Oh, I'm really sorry! I forgot I had a couple codes for discounts and a size upgrade if anyone still wants them just ask!

Could you PM any codes you may have......I'd appreciate it! Looking forward to putting all winter this year!

got mine set up at work and although it seems a little cheap it works pretty well. here are some pics

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

they also sent a cup with a high back i guess so you can try to drop the putt from a certain side if your playing the break. heres a better pic of that.

IMG_0831.jpg

Nice pics Buck. This will let you stay warm and work on that putter stroke good luck.

Also very interested in how you did this. I'm pretty handy and would love to do this.

I would like to know too. I just thought about getting some plywood and raising it that way. Raise it 3 inches by staking them. And then cutting the holes out. Would be simple plus you could still stand on it. I'm thinking just cheap 1" particle board screwed together. Plus the particle board will keep it from sliding around. then I could take 2x4's and outline it. Like a little fence.

Could you PM any codes you may have......I'd appreciate it! Looking forward to putting all winter this year!

facebook5 or 5facebook is the 20% off I think.

I would like to know too. I just thought about getting some plywood and raising it that way. Raise it 3 inches by staking them. And then cutting the holes out. Would be simple plus you could still stand on it. I'm thinking just cheap 1" particle board screwed together. Plus the particle board will keep it from sliding around. then I could take 2x4's and outline it. Like a little fence.

Exactamundo. I built a frame for mine with 2x4s, MDF and some 1x6 material for "bumpers" around the outside. I used a jigsaw to cut out the three holes and inserted real cups... also snagged the robocup. I'm getting tons of putts in every day. When you start grooving your stroke the Robocup is awesome. Good luck guys.

Dude I want to see what you did. I might want to do this same thing myself.

Exactamundo. I built a frame for mine with 2x4s, MDF and some 1x6 material for "bumpers" around the outside. I used a jigsaw to cut out the three holes and inserted real cups... also snagged the robocup. I'm getting tons of putts in every day. When you start grooving your stroke the Robocup is awesome. Good luck guys.

Post pictures of your setup please!! I am going to get some kinda of putting matt for the home and will want to build something more permanent for it

View attachment 3449 View attachment 3450

I didn't attach the bumpers yet cuz I'm lazy :) Other than that it works great. Tried to upload a video but apparently it won't attach video files and I don't have anything up on youtube.

View attachment 3449 View attachment 3450

I didn't attach the bumpers yet cuz I'm lazy :) Other than that it works great. Tried to upload a video but apparently it won't attach video files and I don't have anything up on youtube.

That is pretty nice. I might do that at the next house where hopefully I'll have more room. I like it.

Sorry about not getting my pics up. Been away from home for a couple days. Will get them up tomorrow

SWEET putting green!

Looks awesome, did you make the cups deeper?

Yep. By putting the Birdie Ball green on the 2x4 base, it's just high enough to allow for 4 1/4" practice cups. Makes a huge difference IMO. There's nothing like hearing the sound of the ball dropping in the cup. Not to mention it makes the Robocup indispensable. The green is not glued down so if I decide to change the putting surface I'll have no problem.

Back