Nike VR_S Forged Irons

Good morning.

As beautiful this morning as they were yesterday. Love the look. I need some game before I get a new set of clubs, so maybe in another year or so I'll be looking at these.

I do like my current Nike irons.

They always get the cool stuff over there before us.

They do, people have been hoping Nike bring those to the US market since 2010. 2yrs later and a few passes of mill to change it up a bit and poof.

Great looking irons. I can't wait to hear more about these and hit them in the near future. Having JB say that they could be his next irons (if he were to change) is a huge statement and comparing them to the z-stars in looks is a great thing IMO. Nike has really stepped there game up the last few years and I'm loving more and more of their products.

Sorry if I missed it but is there a street price yet (vs the large msrp)? Release date?

I still like the look of the VR split and full cavity irons, but these are nice too. I personally like the look of the Japanese machspeed irons than the US ones. For me, there is a bit too much going on in the rear cavity. With the Japanese machspeeds, they are a bit more simple and classic-looking than the US version. Nonetheless, I'll give them a try next time I'm in my shop. It would be nice to have a forged iron that is a bit more forgiving.

I still like the look of the VR split and full cavity irons, but these are nice too. I personally like the look of the Japanese machspeed irons than the US ones. For me, there is a bit too much going on in the rear cavity. With the Japanese machspeeds, they are a bit more simple and classic-looking than the US version. Nonetheless, I'll give them a try next time I'm in my shop. It would be nice to have a forged iron that is a bit more forgiving.

Im on the other side. While I liked the look of those, these just speak to me.

I agree with JB. These are the first Nike irons I've really liked the looks of and I actually love the looks of them. They are the #1 iron on my radar this year right now.

Im on the other side. While I liked the look of those, these just speak to me.

+10000

And they speak so sexy too

I like the looks of these alot. Slightly different from the clean sharp look of the blades and the combos, but very appealing!

I keep thinking about these and I'm really excited to give these a try. Living local to the Nike HQ I am very lucky to get a pass to the employee store every now and then. These might be my next purchase. :)

I was hoping the price wasnt going to be so mind bottling but looks like $999 for the set...ugh

I was hoping the price wasnt going to be so mind bottling but looks like $999 for the set...ugh

That is correct. Although if you dont use lower irons, you might be able to go cheaper and just order the clubs you want (5-PW) maybe.

I am going to be playing these this week and really looking forward to it.

My balloon got a little deflated when I saw the price also.

That is correct. Although if you dont use lower irons, you might be able to go cheaper and just order the clubs you want (5-PW) maybe.

I am going to be playing these this week and really looking forward to it.

Yeah I might have to consider leaving out the 4 and AW in this set should I go this direction. Look forward to some updates on these. Cant remember if you mentioned any thoughts on the shaft yet?

Yeah I might have to consider leaving out the 4 and AW in this set should I go this direction. Look forward to some updates on these. Cant remember if you mentioned any thoughts on the shaft yet?

Same shaft that is in my current set of irons, so the adjustment period is minimal. I really like it.

This price is strong, it they look so beautiful. Can't wait to swing these!

This price is strong, it they look so beautiful. Can't wait to swing these!

And lets not forget they're forged like TC's iPad.

That is key....

Yes sir. From what I hear about TC's iPad is its buttery soft, smooth and looks great. Plus it can go the distance too.

Same shaft that is in my current set of irons, so the adjustment period is minimal. I really like it.

They have the Nippon's? If so thats awesome. I've been waiting to hear more on these. Is there a formal testing thread coming or perhaps sets being sent out for a forum test? :pray:

I need to get a second set for where I work and I will either get a new set and have them go head to head with my z-stars or get an older proven set. These are so darn sexy looking and if they perform the same or better than your z-stars they will be on my radar.

I absolutely love the look of these irons, I am really hoping they decide to make them for lefties..

Home page review will be out early next week.

Home page review will be out early next week.

I'm looking forward to reading it. I really enjoyed having these in the bag for 2 rounds. If I was looking for new irons this year, they'd be a serious contender.

I love the look of these and everything we are hearing from Nike right now. Some what player-esk, yet forgiving, nice job Nike!

These are on my list to hit, I have heard nothing but good things about them. and I love the look.

Back