Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a cell phone that belongs in the Smithsonian. I'm thinking of getting an iPhone.

Im pondering one of the new cameras like JB got but Im leaning towards the Sony. Ive had my eye on it for months now but after seeing GG's pictures Im all but sold.

Im pondering one of the new cameras like JB got but Im leaning towards the Sony. Ive had my eye on it for months now but after seeing GG's pictures Im all but sold.
Great ponder, so is it between the Sony and the Nikon then?

I have a Driod incredible and I HATE IT!! Want to get an iPhone 4s. Also have a Canon SLR and I want to downgrade to the Nikon 1. Too bulky for me

Great ponder, so is it between the Sony and the Nikon then?

Yeah they seem to be the ones that perform the best. Im leaning towards the Sony right now because Ive always been a fan of their cameras. So far I havent read too many bad things about it either.

This caught my attention though, from Engadget.com

[h=5]Wrap-up[/h]
We have an opportunity to test an enormous variety of gadgets each year, including dozens of point-and-shoot and DSLR cameras. Seldom, however, do we come across a device that we undoubtedly plan to purchase ourselves. The Sony NEX-C3 is one of few exceptions -- in fact, we're even considering outfitting every member of the Engadget team with one of these compact, versatile ILCs once they hit stores next month. We feel that the camera is priced very competitively (starting at $599, with the 16mm kit lens), and you're not likely to miss the few features it omits -- namely 1080p video capture and a universal accessory hot shoe. That's not to say that we overlooked these lacking capabilities, however, and this exclusion contributed to our decision not to rate the C3 a perfect-10. Sony's NEX-3 left us with high expectations for its next generation mirrorless cam, and our level of enthusiasm for this latest camera remains unparalleled. If you've been looking to upgrade from a compact point-and-shoot, or want to trim a significant amount of fat from your DSLR kit, then there's no better option than the NEX-C3.

I love this thread. Secretly I'm a technie nerd, but I try not to show it to anyone. It always shows up when my girlfriend gets my technology related gifts for birthdays, Christmas, etc. CB I have the Motorola Droid 2 and I love it. It does everything I want it to do, and I basically get any app my girlfriends Iphone 4 gets, and can do whatever I want with it. I bought the extended battery for it for around 40$ and I can use it frequently and the charge lasts for 2 to 2 and a half days, and I use it quite a bit. Obviously if you're making more calls, that time fluctuates. Just my 2 cents. I'm in the market for a new 40+" LCD HDTV, but man, I'm gonna have to wait until some sales hit sometime.

Yeah they seem to be the ones that perform the best. Im leaning towards the Sony right now because Ive always been a fan of their cameras. So far I havent read too many bad things about it either.

This caught my attention though, from Engadget.com

[h=5]Wrap-up[/h]
We have an opportunity to test an enormous variety of gadgets each year, including dozens of point-and-shoot and DSLR cameras. Seldom, however, do we come across a device that we undoubtedly plan to purchase ourselves. The Sony NEX-C3 is one of few exceptions -- in fact, we're even considering outfitting every member of the Engadget team with one of these compact, versatile ILCs once they hit stores next month. We feel that the camera is priced very competitively (starting at $599, with the 16mm kit lens), and you're not likely to miss the few features it omits -- namely 1080p video capture and a universal accessory hot shoe. That's not to say that we overlooked these lacking capabilities, however, and this exclusion contributed to our decision not to rate the C3 a perfect-10. Sony's NEX-3 left us with high expectations for its next generation mirrorless cam, and our level of enthusiasm for this latest camera remains unparalleled. If you've been looking to upgrade from a compact point-and-shoot, or want to trim a significant amount of fat from your DSLR kit, then there's no better option than the NEX-C3.

Wow! That's a serious endorsement for somebody like Engadget to say that.

How did we not have this thread sooner? Soon Im going to ponder a new big screen LCD. Or Im going to go projector room type of set up. I keep my TV's on a strict 2-3 year cycle so they dont get too stale.

How did we not have this thread sooner? Soon Im going to ponder a new big screen LCD. Or Im going to go projector room type of set up. I keep my TV's on a strict 2-3 year cycle so they dont get too stale.

The new TV's LG has out right now just seem to be absolutely stunning. Saw a few in person at Best Buy today, and if I had that type of money to spend on a "Smart TV", I would.

We just pulled out of best buy and picked up a new desktop for our office and a Sony s tablet.

The price has come WAY down on those things too! I saw a Sony 56 inch LED with wifi built in for $1200 the other day!

I love this thread. Secretly I'm a technie nerd, but I try not to show it to anyone. It always shows up when my girlfriend gets my technology related gifts for birthdays, Christmas, etc. CB I have the Motorola Droid 2 and I love it. It does everything I want it to do, and I basically get any app my girlfriends Iphone 4 gets, and can do whatever I want with it. I bought the extended battery for it for around 40$ and I can use it frequently and the charge lasts for 2 to 2 and a half days, and I use it quite a bit. Obviously if you're making more calls, that time fluctuates. Just my 2 cents. I'm in the market for a new 40+" LCD HDTV, but man, I'm gonna have to wait until some sales hit sometime.
Great info man, thanks, it is on my list and I'm going to go play with them tomorrow after my round.

I'm not sure, after I started it I was shocked that we didn't have it, I guess if we looked there is a lot of this talk in the banter thread. I need a new TV in a bad way, but I don't really have the money for it right now.

We just pulled out of best buy and picked up a new desktop for our office and a Sony s tablet.
Sweet dean, what desktop and what specs?

For real? Should I be doing that too? I have a 42 incher that is 5 years old..

Does anyone else build their own desktops?

Wow! That's a serious endorsement for somebody like Engadget to say that.

I thought so too. Ive read a few positive reviews like that too for the Sony. And some for the Nikon too, so probably cant go wrong with either one.

The new TV's LG has out right now just seem to be absolutely stunning. Saw a few in person at Best Buy today, and if I had that type of money to spend on a "Smart TV", I would.

Im a big fan of the LG LED TV's. I have one of the non super skinny ones right now but it is a backlit "local dimming" LED and I love the picture. Never had an issue with it and it was at least $700 - $1000 less then the comparable Samsungs.

Careful, kids these days get confused when you say desktop.

The price has come WAY down on those things too! I saw a Sony 56 inch LED with wifi built in for $1200 the other day!

I think the new Sony LED TV's are badass and one will be my next TV if I dont go projector. And if I do go projector it will be a Sony too.

I sort of do it for a living, or at least manage the doing of it. Why?

Just curious, I'm no professional but I've built my last 2. Pretty fun hobby to me. I don't get into it as much as I used to when I played different games and stuff, but the one I have now will run just about any game I can throw at it at max FPS on max settings. Now I just use it basically for web browsing and other things, super overkill :D

coolbreeze;1076831 Sweet dean said:
Gateway. I've had good luck with them. This replaces my old on that I got the summer before I went to college 10 years ago. Has an intel processor 3.3 ghz, 6 gb of ram, 1tb hard drive. Should work well for us for what well do with it.

We have a laptop that we both use but wanted to replace our old desktop.

For real? Should I be doing that too? I have a 42 incher that is 5 years old..

That is an eternity in TV years dude. In the last few years the tech has really started to progress with LCD, LED and now theyre starting to make OLED. Every two years might be extreme but the longer you keep your TV the less its worth. So I try to find that sweet spot where I can still get a good amount for it and make a nice jump in technology or picture quality.

Does anyone else build their own desktops?

I do. Ive built the last 4 I had until this last one. I bought a Gateway and then took half of the stuff out and upgraded it. lol

Gateway. I've had good luck with them. This replaces my old on that I got the summer before I went to college 10 years ago. Has an intel processor 3.3 ghz, 6 gb of ram, 1tb hard drive. Should work well for us for what well do with it.

We have a laptop that we both use but wanted to replace our old desktop.
Nice buddy, a 10 year old PC doesn't do a lot these days.

Wow 10 years old? Did it even work?

Wow 10 years old? Did it even work?

The power supply just died on it last month. I have no complaints about that comp at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back