Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OEM, I greatly value your opinions, but there is absolutely no way that any other team in the country could hang with those two for a second. There are NFL teams that I would have to think about betting against with those two. Did LSU play great last night? No, but playing the way they did last night I would take them over 95% of the country. LSU and Alabama are just not playing the same ballgame as everyone else is, boring or not.
Congrats on the win, JR. With that said, I wouldnt say any other team couldnt hang with LSU or Bama. I believe that with 45 days to prepare, quite a few could hang with them, for about a half or so. The thing that killed LSU was trying to go sideline to sideline on LSU's defense, not sure why Les thought that would work. You could see it in Jeffersons eyes last night, he was scared from the first snap til the final one.

You guys are jumping on Jacob like he's a homer with his crimson glasses while you guys don't realize but you look the same way to us. Like you're just bashing Alabama / the game without much merit. It goes both ways fellas.

OEM said both of these teams would have not made the championship game in a playoff. Seriously? Take off your hater shades.

Bottom line: 2011 National Champions. Six in a row for the SEC. Three in a row for the state of Alabama. Hate on.

Also, Bama wasnt scared one bit of LSU throwing the ball. Their D had their ears pinned back after the first series and never gave up going after Jefferson. LSU didnt make Bama respect the passing game, so Bama just lined up and put everyone in the box and just out-manned LSU's offensive front. Bama was in the backfield before the run plays could develop.

no 'bama glasses being worn for this post at all......none....

You guys are jumping on Jacob like he's a homer with his crimson glasses while you guys don't realize but you look the same way to us. Like you're just bashing Alabama / the game without much merit. It goes both ways fellas.

OEM said both of these teams would have not made the championship game in a playoff. Seriously? Take off your hater shades.

Bottom line: 2011 National Champions. Six in a row for the SEC. Three in a row for the state of Alabama. Hate on.

Bama will return the entire offensive line, and McCarron. They'll also start Lacy for Richardson at HB. They'll lose a ton on defense, but they're reloading. Hopefully a Pac 12 or Big 12 Team get a shot at them in the NC next year.

Lacy impressed thehell out of me this game. More than TR did.
Bama will return the entire offensive line, and McCarron. They'll also start Lacy for Richardson at HB. They'll lose a ton on defense, but they're reloading. Hopefully a Pac 12 or Big 12 Team get a shot at them in the NC next year.

Lacey: Sophomore
McCarron: Sophomore
Mosley: Sophomore
Norwood: Sophomore

Oh wait. I better stop before my bama glasses get called out... Ya know, usually when you're accused of wearing your teams glasses, it's because you're biased and your team may not be what you see them as being.

I see Alabama as the 2011 National Champions. Pretty sure the BCS and the AP, flawed as they may be, saw the same thing.

Also, Bama wasnt scared one bit of LSU throwing the ball. Their D had their ears pinned back after the first series and never gave up going after Jefferson. LSU didnt make Bama respect the passing game, so Bama just lined up and put everyone in the box and just out-manned LSU's offensive front. Bama was in the backfield before the run plays could develop.

I've had to explain this all day to my little OkState fan students already.

Them: "There were receivers open all night long!"

Me: "Do you honestly think Alabama was worried about the pass? They would have schemed the piss out of that had they played a PASSING team like OSU, not an offensively inept team like LSU."

Kids these days...hehe

Lacey: Sophomore
McCarron: Sophomore
Mosley: Sophomore
Norwood: Sophomore

Oh wait. I better stop before my bama glasses get called out... Ya know, usually when you're accused of wearing your teams glasses, it's because you're biased and your team may not be what you see them as being.

I see Alabama as the 2011 National Champions. Pretty sure the BCS and the AP, flawed as they may be, saw the same thing.

Just so you know, you're showing us a BIG ole button for everyone to push here. Chill, you are taking it personal, and its quite funny.

You love Bama, others don't, simple. Something I accepted a LONG time ago as an OU fan.

I've had to explain this all day to my little OkState fan students already.

Them: "There were receivers open all night long!"

Me: "Do you honestly think Alabama was worried about the pass? They would have schemed the piss out of that had they played a PASSING team like OSU, not an offensively inept team like LSU."

Kids these days...hehe
Receivers can be open all they want, QB cant throw the ball to well when he is on his back.

Just so you know, you're showing us a BIG ole button for everyone to push here. Chill, you are taking it personal, and its quite funny.

You love Bama, others don't, simple. Something I accepted a LONG time ago as an OU fan.

Oh it's all good Jman. It's just that people who do not like Alabama or the SEC get to say whatever they want and Mr. Jacob is just suppose to take it? For example, OEM can say neither of these teams would have made it to the championship game in a playoff but if we defend our team is crimson glasses. But to me, OEM's statements looks like anything but SEC glasses.

I'm not mad. I'm just saying it goes both ways and if you're going to criticize us, we're aloud to go back at you. That's all.

I'm not an Alabama fan by any means, but I like to watch them play football. I also like watching OK State, Oregon, and Stanford. What Nick Saban has done to that program is remarkable. I can't believe the recruits he brings in, especially out of other big programs' back yards.

I tell you what impressed me last night, was watching Bama attack the Honey Badger (worst name ever). I don't think Bama threw it at Claiborn at all, which speaks to how impressive he is as a corner. I also love watching Dre Kirkpatrick play CB for Alabama. I hope he ends up a Panther next year. Kid's fearless and stuffs the run and can absolutely cover.

Who here thinks that Arkansas is a legit top 5 team in the country? I think Arkansas might be the 3rd or 4th best team in the Country. To bad they had to play Bama and LSU this year.

I'm not an Alabama fan by any means, but I like to watch them play football. I also like watching OK State, Oregon, and Stanford. What Nick Saban has done to that program is remarkable. I can't believe the recruits he brings in, especially out of other big programs' back yards.

I tell you what impressed me last night, was watching Bama attack the Honey Badger (worst name ever). I don't think Bama threw it at Claiborn at all, which speaks to how impressive he is as a corner. I also love watching Dre Kirkpatrick play CB for Alabama. I hope he ends up a Panther next year. Kid's fearless and stuffs the run and can absolutely cover.

Who here thinks that Arkansas is a legit top 5 team in the country? I think Arkansas might be the 3rd or 4th best team in the Country. To bad they had to play Bama and LSU this year.

Can't argue with any of that. You get Cam some pieces on the other side of the ball and the Panthers could make some noise. Cam is a special talent.

I think it is more or less pointless for me to debate my views here. I have an unpopular opinion, and that isn't going to change. G'Day gents.

On an unrelated note I really hope we have 49'ers v. Broncos Superbowl this year. I guess folks will b*tch and moan about having to watch that one as well.

that's weak sauce. if they are your views than express them and/or defend them. Otherwise you're just turtling up which shows that you don't really believe in what you're saying.

I think it is more or less pointless for me to debate my views here. I have an unpopular opinion, and that isn't going to change. G'Day gents.

On an unrelated note I really hope we have 49'ers v. Broncos Superbowl this year. I guess folks will b*tch and moan about having to watch that one as well.
Nope....The Denver game vs Pitt got a 26+ TV rating. People will watch if Tebow plays.

that's weak sauce. if they are your views than express them and/or defend them. Otherwise you're just turtling up which shows that you don't really believe in what you're saying.
Dude, really? It isn'tweak, I just don'tfeel like rehashing my views endlessly. If there is anything I have learned about the internet, it is that when two groups dsagree, that is almost impossible to change. I just don't feel like putting up with the headache of it today.

you don't have to rehash your views endlessly....just hit the points that need addressed as they come up. The key to a good arguement or debate is being able to state your view or opinion as topics come up and as needed, not as a whole which I agree with you can be tiresome and cause headaches

someone actually said neither of these teams would make it too the big game in a playoff? LMAO

someone actually said neither of these teams would make it too the big game in a playoff? LMAO

Your opinion versus theirs. Nothing wrong with that.

No one will ever be right or wrong on that mar, we're never getting a playoff. So no worries.

Very well then, let us make this as simple as possible. These are my views, in a simple, easy to read format. Feelfree to retort, and I will debate with you, but if this starts going in circles, I am done.

1. Alabama is the best team in the country, I don't know how someone can debate that at this point.
2. LSU is second best, in my opinion, though I can acknowledge an argument for OSU.
3. We need a playoff system. I have said this for a while now. Alabama honestly shouldn't have been in the game under the BCS system, it took a crazy fluke for that to happen. Under a playoff system, they wouldn't have needed a crazy fluke, in my OPINION.
4. The SEC, at least the west, is absolutely loaded compared to the rest of the conferences.

you don't have to rehash your views endlessly....just hit the points that need addressed as they come up. The key to a good arguement or debate is being able to state your view or opinion as topics come up and as needed, not as a whole which I agree with you can be tiresome and cause headaches

Receivers can be open all they want, QB cant throw the ball to well when he is on his back.

That had to be one of the worst games that JJ has played at LSU, and not just because of the defense. He flat choked. LSU looked like a team that had taken the past month off then tried to slap something together a few days before the game. About other teams doing better against that Alabama defense I think there is truth to that, there are some great offensive teams especially in the Big 12 and the defenses in that league look much worse statistically because of the offensive talent they have to face week in and week out. Just as offensive stats in the SEC are down because of better defenses on average in that league. Alabama would likely run up quite a few more points than they did last night playing against a weaker defense like OSU so even if OSU had a chance to score more it might not matter. LSU just didn't look ready to play at all and their QB was like a deer in headlights most of the night and was blaming the mistakes he was making on others during the game which points to some serious immaturity on his part.

Boom! there you go man! I actually agree with you on everything except perhaps the first one. Is Alabama the best team in the country? Probably and according to the current system yes but until you have a playoff system there isn't a definite answer. Heck even with a playoff system there could be an upset where the 'best team in the country' would lose. With all sports, it's not always the best team who wins, it's the best/hottest team on a particular night who wins.

Very well then, let us make this as simple as possible. These are my views, in a simple, easy to read format. Feelfree to retort, and I will debate with you, but if this starts going in circles, I am done.

1. Alabama is the best team in the country, I don't know how someone can debate that at this point.
2. LSU is second best, in my opinion, though I can acknowledge an argument for OSU.
3. We need a playoff system. I have said this for a while now. Alabama honestly shouldn't have been in the game under the BCS system, it took a crazy fluke for that to happen. Under a playoff system, they wouldn't have needed a crazy fluke, in my OPINION.
4. The SEC, at least the west, is absolutely loaded compared to the rest of the conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back