The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously, it's obviously between Brees and Rodgers but I don't think you can get mad either way. There's not necessarily a wrong choice in my opinion. Yes, Brees threw for considerably more yards but he has also attempted about 155 more passes this year than Rodgers. Let Rodgers throw 155 more times and I bet he might catch him.

As far as MVP in a literal sense of who is most important to their team, I think I'd have to go with Brees. Matt Flynn handed it to the Lions - granted the Lions secondary is just ugly terrible. But what if you had Chase Daniel instead of Brees? Not sure the Saints could get too much done.

Once the Chiefs named Romeo as HC, the rumors ramped up of Clements to KC as OC. No idea if it is true, but it wouldn't be far fetched for that to happen....and Flynn come with him...

I think you'd be happy with that arrangement.

Kevin

But seriously, it's obviously between Brees and Rodgers but I don't think you can get mad either way. There's not necessarily a wrong choice in my opinion. Yes, Brees threw for considerably more yards but he has also attempted about 155 more passes this year than Rodgers. Let Rodgers throw 155 more times and I bet he might catch him.

As far as MVP in a literal sense of who is most important to their team, I think I'd have to go with Brees. Matt Flynn handed it to the Lions - granted the Lions secondary is just ugly terrible. But what if you had Chase Daniel instead of Brees? Not sure the Saints could get too much done.

MSB, dude, you must FEAR the booger-eater Chase Daniel! Fear him!

The Lions are turds.

Kevin

The Lions are turds.

Kevin

Haha. Hey, they've improved a lot. And Calvin Johnson has potential to be the best receiver of all time. That's right, of all time! The guy is 6'5, runs a 4.35 40, and has a 42.5 inch vertical. That's just not even fair.

Given the all-pro voting Peter King was quoting the other day, Rodgers should win MVP for sure.

If you're voting MVP in a literal sense (which it is obviously not), I'd vote Peyton Manning...man, that team was awful without him.

I saw a cool E:60 segment about Aaron Rodgers. That dude has a massive chip on his shoulder and rightly so. I really like him. The Packers are sheer genius' for drafting him. It's amazing to think how many teams passed him up.

I think you'd be happy with that arrangement.

Kevin

If fits what Pioli would do, too. New England franchised Cassell and we got him in a trade. Granted that didn't work out as well as I had hoped but I would be just as happy with him taking the same approach w/Flynn as opposed to trading up for RG3 or gambling on any of the guys in the second round or later.

I saw a cool E:60 segment about Aaron Rodgers. That dude has a massive chip on his shoulder and rightly so. I really like him. The Packers are sheer genius' for drafting him. It's amazing to think how many teams passed him up.

I watched that too. Seeing where he came from even before he went to Cal was pretty interesting. He really came up under the radar, and I think he's using that as motivation to just destroy teams.

I listened to his radio show last week after Flynn played against the Lions. He and Flynn are great pals, and he was happy for him, but you could tell he was pissed they didn't let him play. Then he was asked about how some are questioning the Packers a little bit, and how the Saints are getting a lot of props. He said something along the lines of "I think we're going to have to come out and change those perceptions."

He definitely has an edge to him. I'm awfully glad Thompson made that pick.

Kevin

If fits what Pioli would do, too. New England franchised Cassell and we got him in a trade. Granted that didn't work out as well as I had hoped but I would be just as happy with him taking the same approach w/Flynn as opposed to trading up for RG3 or gambling on any of the guys in the second round or later.

I don't know jack about Cassell, but I've heard Rodgers speak about how Flynn prepares. He's right there with Rodgers studying film, tendencies, etc. He's a nut about it from what they say here locally. He takes it very, very seriously.

And Clements is a very tough grader. Supposedly he pushes and pushes both Rodgers and Flynn. He doesn't accept mental mistakes. At all. I've always liked the Chiefs. They remind me of the Packers. Fans are awesome and know how to enjoy a game. Stay loyal through the tough times. When I was a kid, I liked Ed Podolak, Lenny Dawson, and Otis Taylor, and Willie Lanier. Be cool to see them play the Packers in, say, Super Bowl 50, after they played each other in the first one.

Kevin

I don't know jack about Cassell, but I've heard Rodgers speak about how Flynn prepares. He's right there with Rodgers studying film, tendencies, etc. He's a nut about it from what they say here locally. He takes it very, very seriously.

And Clements is a very tough grader. Supposedly he pushes and pushes both Rodgers and Flynn. He doesn't accept mental mistakes. At all. I've always liked the Chiefs. They remind me of the Packers. Fans are awesome and know how to enjoy a game. Stay loyal through the tough times. When I was a kid, I liked Ed Podolak, Lenny Dawson, and Otis Taylor, and Willie Lanier. Be cool to see them play the Packers in, say, Super Bowl 50, after they played each other in the first one.

Kevin

Interesting stuff on Flynn and Clements. Thanks for sharing. I like the Packers and their fans for the same reason you like the Chiefs, Kevin. Great organizations for sure. When you talk about Chiefs greats, you can't leave out Derrick Thomas. And, even though he didn't have mind blowing stats, an honorable mention has to go to Christian Okoye simply for having the nickname of "The Nigerian Nightmare"....

Interesting stuff on Flynn and Clements. Thanks for sharing. I like the Packers and their fans for the same reason you like the Chiefs, Kevin. Great organizations for sure. When you talk about Chiefs greats, you can't leave out Derrick Thomas. And, even though he didn't have mind blowing stats, an honorable mention has to go to Christian Okoye simply for having the nickname of "The Nigerian Nightmare"....

I remember wanting the Packers to draft Okoye.

Kevin

On the Cartoon Network tonight at 8:00 CST, there's a King of the Hill episode where Hank and the neighbors make a movie to try and convince the Dallas Cowboys to hold their training camp in Arlen, TX.

It's a good one.

Kevin

Kind of speechless about Oakland right now..."No job is safe"

Wonder why the girls say no?

Kevin

ben.jpg

Kind of speechless about Oakland right now..."No job is safe"

I just saw this on ESPN while I was eating. I thought Hue Jackson did a pretty good job for them this past year. With the QB issues they had, and Run DMC going down early, I thought they did decent for the hand they were dealt. You never want to lose out and not get into the playoffs, but eh.

I just saw this on ESPN while I was eating. I thought Hue Jackson did a pretty good job for them this past year. With the QB issues they had, and Run DMC going down early, I thought they did decent for the hand they were dealt. You never want to lose out and not get into the playoffs, but eh.

I couldnt have fired him after that. Especially since it was his first year.

I couldnt have fired him after that. Especially since it was his first year.

Seriously. At least give the dude a chance to have a QB for a full year and his star RB be healthy. Guess thats why they pay those guys the big bucks and not me! Heh.

Seriously. At least give the dude a chance to have a QB for a full year and his star RB be healthy. Guess thats why they pay those guys the big bucks and not me! Heh.

Its more about the new gm wanting his own 'guy' more than anything

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

QFT.

Some team is going to get a really good offensive coordinator if Jackson decides to coach again next year.

Yeah, I get that. Just doesn't seem to make too much sense, but whatever. You lost a good coach, hope you can find one better to replace him.

This. Plus, his press conference after their week 17 loss couldn't have helped his cause any. He threw em all under the bus. Turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back